Houston, we have a problem.

Discussion in '4th Horseman' started by Jman, Jan 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

OK, so, the file WILL NOT let me in. I get transfer failed no matter what. Not good.

Hokie Effect I'm going to message you my live info if you don't mind trying to get in, maybe its just my box since it WILL let me in on dynasty wire still.

Basically, since I can't get in, I can't pass commish rights to get booted and a new invite. Basically, if Hokie can't get in as me and pass rights to himself so he can boot me and reinvite, we are going to have to load up one of the save files from the offseason recruiting and re-do it...but...its better than losing the file all together. It had started acting squirrely on me and I was afraid of something like this.

I fucking hate EA right now.

Hokie Effect
    Baron
    ChuckDzzNutz
    papaloke
    Dwreck
    GatorJes
    Wyrmreaver
    IXI DECAY IXI
    cmilesg

2. Dwreck

Dwreck Walk On

Sweet, maybe I can recruit an extra 2 players to fill the transfer voids I forgot about ;)

3. Jman

Needless to say people, we are in a shitty ass holding pattern, fucking-a.

4. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

Not to be the asshole (unavoidable) but this kinda works for me, seeing as I need a wireless adapter to arrive in the mail.

But yes, EA does blow.

5. Jman

I hear ya, but it seriously pisses me off. I've already lost one dynasty to this shit, I don't think we're that bad off, its still irritating though.

6. ChuckDzzNutz

ChuckDzzNutz Walk On

I had the same thing happen to me with The B1G prior to the start of the 4th season . . . Nothing I did worked all morning. Logged on later that night and it went through.

7. Jman

Yeah, it happened this morning and I just went to work and hoped it'd be ok when I got back, no such luck so far. Hopefully Hokie will be able to get in.

8. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Hopping on now.

9. Jman

Thanks Hokie. I'll be holding my breath.

10. Hokie Effect

No dice. Transfered fail. You can log into T3 just fine. Oh and I changed your avatar to a fat black girl....

11. ChuckDzzNutz

ChuckDzzNutz Walk On

?? I always thought Jman was a fat black girl

• Like Like x 2
  12. Jman

FUCK. Yep. Thanks...er....what?

OK, Natty is on tonight, I'm going to wait and try to login in the morning. If that doesn't work I will retire the file and tomorrow have Hokie (if you would sir) make a new file and shoot the invites and transfer it over. Hopefully it will clear us of any issue, we will know at out first advance try. We will have to repeat the offseason recruiting, cuts, and changes I believe.

Fuck.

Baron
    GatorJes
    ChuckDzzNutz
    Hokie Effect
    IXI DECAY IXI
    Dwreck
    papaloke
    Wyrmreaver
    cmilesg

13. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

Cant you just have someone log in now, save a file and start the dynasty at this same stage again?

14. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

Damn! This blows. Lol. This being my only dynasty I'm in, I've been itching to play!

Also, not to be a pessimist but what if the file doesn't load?

15. Jman

Not from this stage since there are these inherrent issues. Its always safer to go back one, I'd rather be safe than sorry. It sucks either way though.
    It'll work, it has to. (I'm trying to not curse it haha)

16. Wyrmreaver

I can try to save the file, start a dynasty with just me, and see if it will let me advance to week 1 tonight.....

If so, I can reinvite everyone in week 1 and then xfer commish to you, everyone would just have to pull redshirts out of the depth chart and re-set up their recruiting boards

17. Hokie Effect

Whoops I was trying to be assertive an saved the preseason file. Hopefully someone still has the recruiting file saved....

18. Dwreck

Dwreck Walk On

I saved it at cuts when Jman asked to have it saved. Boy Hokie Effect, I really saved your ass on that one.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Jman

Don't do that while this file is still live, baaaaaaaad things. I want to try this one again in the morning before we jump anywhere. I really just think its safer to go back to recruiting form the things I've read and all I've looked at. Its going to be the file at this point I fear, going back a step should be a better fix for that in my experiences. I dunno though, let me ask around in the commish lounge first and we'll see, maybe we can do it. We're gettign nothing done tonight, I know that.

Damn you! haha, its all good D saved us.

KEEP THAT FILE D! If we have to I can retire the current tomorrow and have you start a new one and invite everyone then just transfer it and see where we are at.

20. Wyrmreaver

You don't have to retire first Jman when Dwreck makes a new dynasty he just has to make sure he makes a new name, I've seen it happen a few times in leagues on and off TSO. Dwreck could invite us all tonight to a new OD and you could retire tomorrow and it wouldnt hurt anything. Now if he uses the same OD name, then it's armageddon or some such from what I understand, but I have seen/done the other way a few times with no lasting ill effects.

The other thing is I thought you could advance or xfer commish from the dynasty website

21. Jman

Just following the steps they've recommended to us so far for all these fuck ups, EA says to make sure the original is retired, might just be them saying that to say something though, ya know?

On the last part, you cant transfer it in the wire and you can't advance it from the wire in offseason, freaking sucks. I'm sure that will be a "new feature" next season.

22. ChuckDzzNutz

ChuckDzzNutz Walk On

If they want you to retire the original then changing the name follows the same logic to prevent "Armageddon" if you will

23. Wyrmreaver

Yeah, the way I understand it is that when you change the name you are creating a whole new file, thereby leaving behind whatever baggage the old file had...... whatever works though, I was just excited to get the season started and am now disappointed that we have to wait.

24. Hokie Effect

Jman I say we start over from CC, I am sure someone has a file saved from then.

25. ChuckDzzNutz

ChuckDzzNutz Walk On

Just take a lesson from the artist formerly known as the Texas Gunslinger, aka Namid Abullah . . . chill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.