Houw bout dem Giants....

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by NYJuggalo45, Sep 21, 2009.

1. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Houw bout dem Giants....

Nothing like ruining the opening of a 1.1 BILLION dollar stadium by winning a game on the road on a last second FG. Especially after proving...yet again...that Dallas's star player Tony Romo is just NOT THAT GOOD!

2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Eli is one cool cat. There was no mystery when he passed it was either to Steve Smith or Mario......thats it.

I can't ask for nothing more on the opening of Jerry's new Jerk-Off Dome....

3. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

what about them... i beat them in Week 2 in the TMFL... (y)

4. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

BIG OLE JERRY JONES, HOWWWWWW 'BOUT THEM GGGGGGGGGGGGG MEN!

5. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

They didn't cover :(:(

6. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Huh?? What spread were you given?? They were underdogs........parlay?

7. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

yeah they were getting anywhere from 2.5 to 3.5 depending when you placed the bet. even parlay covers.

8. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Ahh, sorry you guys are right--I was thinking of another bet. Not a good weekend for me either way. :(

9. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    IMO, the giants didn't earn that win. The Dallas defense and offense both played really well. A bad read by Romo for a pick 6 and then that fluke interception off of Witten after a bad throw led to an easy 14 points. The crazy fumble from Felix Jones on the KO return added another score.

It was a good game. Regardless of the outcome, it's hard to say that either team really beat the other. Probably would have came down to who had it last in any case.

10. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

I get this book from my online site with all the "trends" and stuff. They have about 25 "locks of the year" and 2 were this weekend.

Minn - 10 over Detroit (look scary early, but they covered in the end)
    and
    Cincy -1.5 over Oregon St (they won outright by like 20 pts I think)

Add in the rest of my action this weekend and it was very profitable

11. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Said like a true Cowboys fan who can't admit that Tony Romo will NEVER win the big game, and Eli, despite all the dumb faces and critics talking shit about him, is a big money 4th qtr QB who thrives in situations like that last night. And while throwing to 2 guys (Steve Smith and Mario Manningham) who most writers don't consider better than #3-4 guys on a good passing team.

12. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Last nite ELI>>>>Romo.

That was the game.

Although that tipped pass on 3rd down into the arms of manningham.....wow lucky.

13. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

I agree with Drifter on that one. The Boys outplayed them in many ways but still ended up with the loss.
    Its funny how teams with questionable coaches like Wade Phillips or my other team ND - Charlie Weis seem to lose games that they shouldn't lose and teams with good coaches that have control over their teams like Tom Coughlin, Bill Belichek, etc., seem to win games that maybe they shouldn't based on the stat sheet.

14. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I dont know...if the Giants were able to convert at least one of those FGs to TDs and Tynes doesnt miss that kick......game would have been over earlier.

The Cowboys could run yesterday but struggled passing the ball against a banged up Giants seconday......doesnt looks promising.

oh yeah...at HOME!

15. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I'm sorry. I forgot to take out the part of my post where I mentioned that Tony Romo is a god and Eli wet his pants in front of 100k+. Oh wait, I never said that....

I have a tremendous amount of respect for the entire Manning family. Especially Eli. And for the record, I think he's one of the top 5 QBs in the game. Who listens to sports writers? Hopefully no one here is that nieve. Steve Smith was a great route runner in college despite being overshadowed by guys like Mike Williams and Dwayne Jarrett. Manningham was one of the most consistent targets for Chade Henne and a sure-fire pro that got caught up in a dying coaching stint.

My comments were directed at the game I saw last night. And, as much as you want to call me a fan of whoever, is the truth. If anyone here has learned anything about my fandom here, is that I don't get caught up in rivalries and trash talking. I accept everything at face value and disect the game like I do anything else.

16. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Like Bill Parcells once said......"you are as good as your Record says you are".......bottom line.

17. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I couldn't agree more.

18. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Ok...sorry Drifter

And yes, Dallas did play a good game, probably outplayed the Giants even, except where it counted, on the scoreboard.

As JMS pointed out, Tony Romo was playing against a banged up Giants secondary missing 2 of their top 3 CBs and 2 safeties who probably shouldn't have even been playing, but it being the Cowboys, sucked it up and suited up for the game. He should have torn them a new asshole, and instead sucked. He shrinks when the moment gets big. The running game was surprisingly dominant and Dallas' defense was solid for most of the game. But the fact remains that the Giants went into Dallas and left with a win in a game that Dallas should have won big given the hype of the new stadium, the Giants being so banged up, etc.

On a sidenote, how about that dirty fucker Flozell Adams. Tripping and injuring Justin Tuck, then trying to do it again later against Osi.

19. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I can't defend Romo's performance, but from a QB's perspective, can understand every pick except for the one he LAUNCHED over Sam Hurd's head and into the arms of Kenny Phillips. The one off Witten's foot was a bad throw but instead of falling innocently to the turf, was kicked in the the surprised arms of Phillips. The other pick was picked up by the defense in a fantastic leadership play by AP who recognized the call and was ready. If you watch the replay you can see Roy williams slanting across. After the CB took a couple steps with Roy, he backed off into flats coverage. Romo let it fly not realizing the 5'10'' 180 lb CB had backed off and was blocked out by the 6'4'' 215 lb Roy Williams. The CB made a fantastic play on a high throw and ran it back in. Any QB in the league could have made that read, and it's pretty common. Makes it a lot harder to thread when the MLB on the defense knows your play and communicates it to everyone in coverage. Fantastic defense.

Didn't even mention that the Giants were just playing the pass the whole game (look at any highlight and kenny phillips was taking away the deep pass on every single play). Hence the success Dallas had running the ball. Pretty interesting strategy, but not surprising after seeing what Dallas did in week 1 with the big pass plays. Your front four with the rushing LBs off the edge and the occasional A/B gap smash from AP really didn't give the Cowboys time to develop any routes all night (most of the yardage gained was from short routes and dumps). And as for Flozell and tripping, it's probably more of a bitch move than malicious. It's not like a horse-collar where injuries are related tot he angle at which you bring them down and not the tripped player's ability to gracefully hit the ground. Not trying to defend it at all, but I'm sure if he could have held him, he would have (was the most penalized OL in the league last year) and I wouldn't let that big monster Tuck loose on my QB either. I hate to see a key guy like Tuck hurt and I hope he has a speedy recovery.

I think you are not giving your secondary a lot of credit, despite being full of solid, high draft picks. Kenny Phillips is a fantastic athlete and played well last year while filling in for injured starters. Webster is a 2nd to top tier corner and they were dropping plenty of those athletic LBs you guys have into coverage, especially when double-teaming the Dallas RBs and TEs (obviously a strength of the Cowboys).

20. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Phillips and Webster are the only 2 guys in our secondary I like right now. Johnson is what he is at safety, nothing special, nothing horrible. Terrell Thomas is starting to impress me, but I sure wish Aaron Ross was out there and he was a nickleback rather than a starting CB.

21. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Aaron Ross is another big talent and a steal in the 2nd round. He was a star at Texas.

22. trutest

trutest Walk On

Kenny Phillips played great, he keeps improving every game. The only bad play I saw from him was when he was out of position and let Felix Jones run right past him. He was late on the play

Michael Johnson is another one who keeps getting better n better. he makes good tackles when it counts

Eli was Eli in the 4th qtr, and was accurate pretty much the whole game.

Mario Manningham is our best playmaker right now. He's making the first guy miss ALOT

maybe its poor tackling but I'm excited to see how he performs this season. Does anyone know how serious Hixon's injury is? Where has Ramses Barden been? I was hoping to see him in the redzone (Couglin's green zone). We can use a big target like that much like Dallas used their big TE's against us

23. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

ouch

[​IMG]

LOLOLOLOL

[​IMG]

24. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Pretty sure Barden got hurt in the pre-season. Not sure about Hixon, but we are going to need some bodies out there if he, Nicks and Barden are all out next week. Can we get a day pass for Plaxico from prison?

25. trutest

trutest Walk On

If our line keeps giving our WR's time to run routes like that, Smith will have a big yr. Moss has some moves too

lol @ WP. that's a classic