Hova's Detroit Lions Offline Franchise Thread

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by Hova, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Hova's Detroit Lions Offline Franchise Thread

[​IMG]

I thought I would let everyone follow my progress of turning the Detroit Lions around. This is on Madden 11 for 360 and I play on All Madden Default with a few teaks. I dropped CPU Break Tackle so every HB does not ALWAYS break the 1st tackle (AP still does). I am Currently in Season 3 and things are looking good. Here is a catch up of what has happened so far.

Season 1: 4-12

Key Draft Picks:

WR Ronald Johnson USC B Potential, 80 OVR, 96 Speed, 95 Agility
    LE Justin Trattou Florida B Potential, 74 OVR, 83 Speed, 81 Block Shed

Key Free Agent Additions:

LOLB Manny Lawson 79 OVR
    CB Orlando Scandrick 81 OVR
    CB Bruce Johnson 85 OVR

Season 2: 7-9

Key Draft Picks:

ROLB Courtney Upshaw Alabama A Pot, 82 OVR, 80 Speed, 97 Accel, 90 Tackle

CB TJ Bryant USC A Potential, 80 OVR, 93 Speed, 91 Zone Coverage

Key Free Agent Additions:

CB Gregory Toler 84 OVR
    RT TJ Lang 83 OVR

Season 3: CURRENT SEASON 8-3

Key Players:
    QB Matthew Stafford 90 OVR
    HB Jahvid Best 85 OVR
    WR Calvin Johnson 95 OVR
    DT Ndamukong Suh 95 OVR
    FS Louis Delmas 92 OVR

I just crushed the Jags on Thanksgiving 52-24. HB J. Best had 184 yards and 3 TDs, a performance very reminiscent of Barry Sanders on Thanksgiving.

Next up: The 2-9 Chicago Bears

Look's like the Lions are on pace to make their first playoff bid in 10+ years and the first time WITHOUT Barry Sanders on the roster.

Calvo and Javhid are absolute beasts, so is Suh, he is progressing at an incredible rate.

My Team is Currently 88 OVR in Season 3. Let's see how far I can get in the playoffs this season. I plan on drafting more defense as I am not yet satisfied with there abilities. I am really liking franchise this year. More to come as I play through.

I play every game BTW, only time I sim is if I am down by like 40 in the 3rd QTR. This happened a few times season 1 lol.

Other Transactions:

Traded TE Brandon Pettigrew 92 OVR A Pot, For 15th Overall Draft Pick (CB TJ Bryant)

Traded LOLB Julian Peterson and CB Fabian Washington for DT Ricky Jean-Francois 76 OVR A Potential. (I hope he progresses at a decent rate to make a dominating combo with Suh)

2. ThePaw

ThePaw I'm so seasonal it hurts, baby!

I'll be following. I enjoy reading Franchise/Dynasty reports. Looks like Suh turned out to be a monster at 95ovr.

3. Hova

Ya he is a beast. He has progressed 5 points every season.

Here are his Career Stats so far: (I never user control him)

72 Tackles, 15 Sacks, 1 INT, 4 Forced Fumbles, 1 TD

4. ThePaw

ThePaw I'm so seasonal it hurts, baby!

You should crush the bears, 2-9? Damn they fell off hard.

5. Masler

Masler Moderator

I am about to start one with the 49ers, after what I saw last night I'd like to use them

6. Hova

Ya Cutler seems to be stuck at 85 OVR. Urlacher is out for the season and Peppers is on the decline. They do have some nice young CB talent with CB Chkyie Brown (82 OV) and CB Janoris Jenkins (70) OVR.

7. Hova

Last year the Bears had QB Terrelle Pryor at a whopping 56 Overall. I am assuming he got cut haha

8. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

Is that Bruce Johnson out of Univ of Miami? did he have a big season last year and i didnt notice or soemthing?

that ROLB Upshaw you drafted looks like a beast. how is he working out?

9. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

hey just curious... how is Matt Stafford looking?

i haven't been watching hardly any NFL this year and im just curious. i know he hurt his shoulder last year and had a beastly game against the Browns.

10. Hova

Ya Bruce is from Miami. Not sure about how he plays in real life but he was about an 81 when I signed him as a Free Agent and he's a young player. He has B potential and should be a solid CB.

Upshaw is a monster. I play him at DE in the Dime package to generate some pass rush as well. He has a few sacks already. I will check his stats later.

11. Hova

Well when he is actually IN he looks like he has great potential, arm is huge and doesn't seem to ever be rattled. But right now he is HURT again and nobody knows for how long....

12. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

oh damn that sucks man...ya i was watching the video on youtube of him in that Browns game where they had a mic on him. Dude is just awesome my favorite QB to go thru UGA(other than David Greene) and my fav QB in the NFL...sucks that hes hurt again. I will definitely be watching some Lions games when hes back.

13. Hova

Week 13

Lions 24
    Bears 21

The lions barely get past the bears as usual. HB Javhid Best powered the lions to victory with 221 yards and 3 TDs rushing. The lions move to 9-3 on the season and are currently the number 1 seed in the NFC but still have not clinched a playoff berth. Next they play the 6-6 Vikings. Four games left, one more win should clinch a playoff berth.

Jahvid Best's Current Season Stats:

1,380 Yards, 22 TDs, 7.4 YPC

14. DreSmithJr

DreSmithJr It Be So EMPTY, WITHOUT ME...

(y)

15. Masler

Masler Moderator

I used the same setting hova plays on and found defense to be good but offense will take some getting used to. Lost my first game as the 49ers to the Seahawks 14-27. Two big plays by Crabtree(long pass) and Ginn (kick return). The offense was hard to move the ball, I had to sign a FA WR to get some more depth. Next game vs the Saints...

16. Hova

week 14

Lions 31
    Vikings 17

Vikings are no good with leinart

Week 15

Lions 42
    Panthers 48
    FINAL OT

A crazy game with NO defense, deangelo williams ran wild on me. Calvin had a huge day. Went to OT and Steve Smith goes all the way first play, ughhh.

Week 16

Lions 36
    Cowboys 35

Crazy game!! Lions decided to come out and blitz all game and it did not go so well with all of the dropped INTs. The lions were down 21-7 early. Defense finally got it together and the lions came back on the legs of Best. Cowboys burned the Lions on a blitz with 1:31 left and took the 7 point lead late. Stafford the put together a huge drive capped off with a Best TD. With 11 seconds left Hov decided to go for 2 and seal the win. Risky play that worked on a Best Toss. Best had 5 TDs on the day. Defense caused 5 fumbles with NO recoveries lol.

Lions move to 11-4 and clinch the NFC North but are still fighting for the number 1 seed. If they beat the 7-8 Cardinals next week we will have the number 1 seed. Cards have QB John Skelton (72 OVR) at the helm, lions plan to blitz early and OFTEN.

17. Hova

Lions 38
    Cards 19

Defense dominates the lowly QB in this one. Lions lock up home field advantage through out the playoffs.

Divisional Playoff Matchup

(12-4) Detroit Lions
    vs
    (8-8) Atlanta Falcons