Hova's Recruit of the Year Award

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Hova, Jul 14, 2013.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Spreadsheet will be updated each year with winner. The tabs will be used for each winner to track stats and wins throughout their respective careers. I will also use this thread for updates on who may win the award, any battles for recruits that may win the award, and who is leading etc.

A preview will be coming soon of who has the best chance this year with the highest ranked recruits being interested in them.

• Like Like x 1
  2. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I didn't understand when you first brought this up;

is the recruit of the year the best recruit (highest OVR) or highest ranked recruit?

3. Hova

Highest ranked.

4. Hova

Preseason Preview

A look ahead at who might be the favorite to win this year...

1.gif

This athlete from Hawaii is the #2 ranked recruit in the nation and has Wisconsin, lead by dakota7 , in his top 6. If Wiscy can bring this one home they would lock up the award.

2.gif

The #4 ranked recruit in the nation is also an athlete and has both Fmode11 and NeuroticTruth in his top 5. Good chance that one of the two lands him... if interested.

3.gif

Once again another athlete is ranked in the nations top 5 and once again Wisconsin is in the running at number 2 in preseason.

4.gif

This MLB is the top ranked LB in the nation and 9th ranked recruit overall. He has shown interest to Michigan and Rape state. This guy will be highly sought after.

After digging through the recruits it is safe to say the winner will most likely come from Wisconsin, Michigan, or Penn State. It's a shame Penn St has so many recruits interested as we know in real life they have barely any but this is a game and its looks like they will take barely any hits in the recruiting department.

As for a prediction... I think Dakota and Wisconsin take home the prize this year.

5. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Except my starting QB this year was the #2 ranked PP QB in the country last year

6. Hova

Don't they have no scholarships or something like that. What was the recruiting penalty?

7. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

Have to disagree with you sunshine PSU has the 18th ranked class for 2014. They’ve brought in the 32nd and 48th ranked WR’s, the 22nd ranked DB, the 8th ranked QB, and the 22nd ranked S. Considering they can only sign 15 a year of the 30 from last year and this year they signed 2 5 stars, and 6 4 stars players not to bad I’d say. Also last year’s avg player position ranking was 51 and this year is 41 ten spots better. With this the second year of sanctions if BOB see’s it out imagine what he can do with a full complement of offers?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hova

They took hardly any hit in NCAA. They could possibly be the best recruiting user team in the E. No rebuild here.

9. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

:sneaky:

• Like Like x 1
  10. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

PSU is a great spot to be for recruiting. They have excellent access to OH, NJ, MD, VA, and NY.

11. Hova

jello1717

I think I will track the highest rated recruit as well. I will have to wait until the next season to verify who that is, unless everyone posts each overall recruit rating.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Hova

11.gif

UPDATE

Now into week 3, Michigan looks to have the closest shot at landing the highest ranked recruit in Athlete David Bullock from NY. ND may run away with this one but it is still early. Rape State is right in the mix as well.

13. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

That dude's going to South Bend.

14. Hova

Week 4 Update

The E is now in week 4 and we have an update on the top ranked recruit battle. It looks at this point that the CPU is really sticking it to users on the top ranked recruits and alot of guys are just falling out of contention. Surprise Surprise at the top this week with Indiana coming out of no where to get in contention for a top recruit!

1.gif

This #5 ranked ATH has Indiana in a close battle with Mizzou and OSU. OSU just came out of nowhere in Week 4 to take the lead on this guy so they could spell trouble for the Hoosiers.

2.gif

The next closest race for a user would be dakota7 who is just behind the NOLES for this #8 ranked ATH. FSU has the bonus advantage so Wiscy will have to make some sort of move to secure this guy.

3.gif

We have to drop all the way down to the #23 ranked recruit to see another close battle, which pits jello1717 vs TCU for this 5 star ATH. Jello is behind a ways and losing on the bonus advantage but has gained ALOT of ground in a week. Let's see if TCU can close the door... but dont count out Oregon either.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Hova

You missed, or left off, #4 OVR athlete David Bullock. Also, #16 OVR CB Adrien Leslie was over-looked :)

16. Hova

Ya because there is no way in hell they are signing with you :)

17. Hova

Our early season leader of this award is Edge with this commit going to Rutgers:

cc.gif

He is the 29th ranked recruit in the nation and looks to either play safety or LB for the Knights.

I am quite sure this will not be the winning recruit, but the first highest ranked recruit signed by a user nonetheless.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Eff'n ND with the visit and signature!

• Like Like x 1
  19. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Bullshit. I fucked up on this one. He was gonna visit this week vs Iowa instead of last week vs Minnesota. He'd of committed to me with me getting 3 sacks with my LE and breaking a record

20. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Hova :5stars: #1 CB Adrian Leslie has committed to Penn State

a leslie.PNG

Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
  21. Hova

• Like Like x 2
  22. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Well no, I would say well timed... bonus for rivalry game & bonus for meeting in-game player performance. I had made ground from the previous week and was closing ground. A freshman with 91/89 coverage skills next year will hopefully help the debacle that is this year.

23. Hova

I underestimated the power of visits early in the game cycle. You can cover some major ground with them ala me pry boning my 5 star with such a late visit and taking all of NorthWesterns recruits after visits.

24. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Yeah successful visits can bring you to the top if you are trailing and not locked out yet. If the player has already been locked and you are in a battle it will be interesting to see if who ever has the player visit first doesn't sign the player. I was also receiving major visit bonuses from having other players visiting that same game.

25. Hova

The last 2 users who can unthrone Rape St at this point are Masler and my self.

1.gif

Indiana is pry screwed here. Their only hope is to hold him from committing until week 14 when we can get the visit and bring home the bacon.

2.gif

The other chance here is the #1 HB in the nation who Masler vowed to sign earlier in the season. He has came from a huge deficit somehow and is in prime position to bring him home after this week if he can have a stellar visit. If not he may go to CPU in a future visit.