How are the sliders feeling?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Masler, Nov 10, 2010.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

Does it seem too easy to pass for everyone? I was thinking about tweaking things before Season 4 begins. Thoughts or suggestions?

In my opinion defense is where it should be, I have difficulty stopping the opponent at times but I can still force punts. The game vs Ohio State, Michigan and such are hard as hell like they should be while Indiana and others are cake walks as they should.

Offense I think the run game is fine but the passing for me feels too easy. If anything would change it would be the QB Accuracy, now I could be just seeing things differently because Joe Boisture has 97 accuracy.

2. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

My issue with the sliders is really defense. I can't seem to pressure the QB as often as I'd like and the RB's break too many tackles in my opinion. RB's routinely run roughshot over my LB's and DT's when they are there to make a play in the backfield. It doesn't happen often because my guys aren't back there often but when they are, 100% of the time that RB flattens my guy and is back to full speed in record time. It drives me absolutely bananas. I wish I could play in more 14-17 games and less 52-49 games but I'm really not able to because the defense is so piss poor.
    Offensively, I think the run game may be just right. I struggle to run the ball against good defenses like Miami and FSU and I'm hit or miss against defenses that are on par with my offensive line.

Passing the ball I think two things need to happen.
    1. Find a way to make it so the bump and run + blitz isn't so effective for the computer. If I were the computer, I'd blitz and go bump and run 100% of the time because I don't have the players to beat it and its super effective against me. Not to mention the CPU pass rush in those situations can be simply sickening.
    2. Make the defense react better as a way to try and slow down the pass offense.
    3. Dont you dare touch the QB acc, lol! My guy does not have 97acc and misses throws quite often. My guys also drop enough passes to make me want to drop kick my xbox, haha. I know I have anger issues but arghhh it drives me nuts.

I really don't think the sliders are too far off. Have you seen how many really close games I've had this season? I feel like my team should be called the Cardiac Kids you know what I'm sayin?

3. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I agree with Keller about the CPU defense. I've been taking something like 10 sacks a game because I throw often and they simply play press coverage and blitz the whole time. I don't know if there is a way to fix this though, its a problem in all of the dynasties if you get too pass happy.

4. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Passing does feel a bit too easy; I always just thought it was my elite QB and receivers. :)

5. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

I am happy overall with the sliders.

6. Masler

Masler Moderator

I am thinking about boosting the CPU pass coverage. The receivers get open too easily. Any opinions about CPU pass rush?

7. Keller

Define CPU pass coverage. Does that mean my WR's will continue to get bumped/destroyed at the LOS?

I guess I have to start finding ways how to beat man + crazy bump + blitz. I'm gonna be hitting the practice field soon.

8. Masler

Masler Moderator

As in move CPU Pass Coverage up, I find my receivers way too open. Either that or I bump up Pass Rush so the QB feels a bit more pressure, which is minimal now if you ask me. The reason I want to make things harder is because our teams are getting better, at least the majority of them are

9. Keller

My team isn't really getting better yet but I digress. I already get so stressed out playing this game against the CPU I don't know how I'm going to be able to take it if my WR's get bumped even more. Apparently you need to share your secrets with me about how your WR's are getting so open because mine are definitely not, lol.

Oi vey!

10. Masler

Masler Moderator

I'm not saying they get wide open every pass play but sometimes it's a bit rediculous, especially in 5 Wide

11. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Yeah, sometimes the CPU sends crazy zone blitzes when they really shouldn't, hence the wide open receivers and I've observed it too. I don't know if bumping up pass coverage would fix that though, seems to be a play calling issue.

12. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Pretty much this. The CPU blitzes A LOT... which is why CPU Alabama is always the easiest CPU opponent to beat because they zone blitz a bunch of guys on every play.

13. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

This