How are things going for you?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by blocker7, Apr 25, 2010.

1. blocker7

blocker7 Walk On

How are things going for you?

This league needs to be more vocal and exciting. We have some interesting races going on and some guys putting up some serious numbers. How are you feeling about your season?

Obviously I am quite pleased so far with how things are going for me. I am bummed a lost Cust for no reason since he was my big power guy. I have been having to play small ball which is enjoyable but it was fun to have that one guy who could put it out at any time. I think I will be OK as the season progresses since I have been keeping hitters off balanced but I havent really played any of the big gunners in the league yet beside the Royals who actually hit me pretty hard but right at guys. That is one perk of the A's though with a really fast outfield with great arms.

I think the team to beat in the AL is the Twins. I played CA in preseason and he definitely knows how to play ball and he has a really strong team. If anything pitching may be an issue but in this game big names dont matter much, but its more important to have pitchers that have big changes in speed. I will probably get to the playoffs with the A's but it will be tough to compete with the big market clubs.

The new Bosox owner seems to be legit. He claims to be a newbie to baseball but when i played him he had great timing and excellent plate vision. Seems like a good dude who can really do some damage if he gets his pitching together and irons out minor details like base running and pitching meter. The sox pitching and lineup are stacked so depending on how his game improves who could have a serious shot at winning the AL.

The AL wild card should be nuts. It would be nice if the Angels owner would play a bit more as he could possibly the best in the AL but you never know with 4 games played. The central should be awesome as it looks really talented. It is crazy how well Eaglesirish has done with the arguably the worst team in baseball. I know from experience it is nice playing and winning with a lesser team but when it gets down to the playoffs and big games the teams really matter so it will be interesting to see what happens with the Royals.

The NL looks completely open, especially the EAST. All teams within .5 games is insane. I know its still early but they have a third of their season in and its still extremely tight. I havent really looked at the schedules but it could get really intense down the road with late game divisional series.

I guess all divisions are pretty tight. I thought the dodgers were going to run away with the west but they are tailing off a bit. They put up some serious offensive numbers but much like the real dodgers, Emmdot has let up some big numbers. From my perspective, looking at stats and summaries the Nats, Phils, and Dodgers look really strong and should all be there towards the end of the season.

As far as stats go I don't know what the STL owner is doing with ludwick but 8 jacks and 18 rbi's is insane. Philly looks to know what he is doing which is scary with that rotation, especially in the playoffs with a 3 man rotation. They are my favorite to win the NL based on what I know but honestly I dont know much.

I think it is still way too early to talk MVP and CY young candidates. I had Chavez put up 8RBI's and 3 triples in 1 game and even crazier shit happens in real life. I wish I had a guy in the homerun race which should end up close.

Anyways those are how I feel about the league. It would be nice if we could be a bit more social and get into this league. This is a beautiful spots simulation and I think we can all make more of an effort to make this enjoyable. Lets stir the pot here, make some rivalries, post meaningful articles perhaps about other people than yourself cause lets be honest, no one really cares to here about your meaningless games. Lets build some of these games up, talk some shit, get competitive. Don't post any shit about this should have happened in my game, im not winning because my team blah, just play your best and leave it on the field. Be a man and speak your mind and play your best and this league will be a lot more interesting.

2. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

I'll comment more late night tomorrow, but some good stuff blocker!

3. dbackfan98

dbackfan98 Walk On

i'm pretty pleased with my team. my pitching has been excellent with only giving up two homers and i'm in top ten in hits allowed. in every game except for one i've been in it until the end. the downside is my few runs per game. i need to score more. even with only allowing 4.2 runs a game, which is fairly low, i'm only scoring an average 3.3 per game. if i can keep my bats going as of lately i should be good.

as for the division we are about to start some inter division series. i have two against cole this week which will be very interesting. he's only given up 50 hits, so he knows how to pitch, especially when he only gave up 3 homeruns too. should be a series of pitching. very similar to the real rockes this year. we both are in the lower totem pole of scoring so i expect two things, either we are going into a pitching duel or one of us pops off and goes on an offensive surge.

the giants, rockies, and dbacks are all within one game of the dodgers. i think it'll be like this all year. just like in real life, i expect us to beat up on each other and possibly have everyone in first at one point this season.

as for the other two, its wide open. once again the east is tearing it up. i have no idea who to guess will win. all are playing above 500 baseball and all are within half a game like you said. the central is looking tight too. i wouldn't sleep on the brewers. the cubs and cards look to be battling it out.

all i can say is this has been a very fun league and congrats and thank you to our commish's. kjeeping the league going even though shit was falling apart. keeping the league active and moving has been fun and enjoyable

4. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

I'm being overlooked, and I like it.

Im not sure about MVP candidates and Im pretty sure my team doesn't have any at the moment, they were 0-4 before I took over. However, I'm pretty excited about climbing the standings and coming out of nowhere. I can't wait until Brian Roberts comes back, he really is the cog that makes my lineup go. I need his speed at the top of my lineup...

I'm still trying to get the hang of GP off, with all the zones off. I usually don't play these settings, but after 4 games I'm coming around much more.

Brian Matusz threw a 2 hitter, but had a perfect game going with only 2 outs to go. He's a stud of a pitcher who with a few repeat performances could potentially be in the race for Cy Young. Im keep looking at my schedule, and I'm circling a few games that I know i'm really going to enjoy. The interleague play with Jam in 2 more series is going to be an epic one. We always have games that are tied going into the last inning, or go extra innings. The other game I really am looking forward to is when I play the A's at the end of the season. I want to give Blocker a little scare before we go into the playoffs. He clearly overlooked me judging by his post of who he thinks the contenders are, and I think he may have his hands full. (Judging by his record, Im just going to assume he's good.) He should have a spot locked up by then, so the outcome could be moot.

5. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Look @ the League from my Perspective

AL Central
    A two team race between a surprising Kansas City Royals team and EagleIrish really has them playing spectacular right now. The other team is the Minnesota Twins and we know what their lineup poses. The sleeper team that is right behind both of them are the White Sox.

AL East
    A somewhat down division with only one team at .500 ball right now and that is the New York Yankees. This division is looking for someone to step up and take control.

AL West
    It looks right now that the As have the leg up as they have played 9 games and won 8 of them. The other teams need to step up their availability and get some games in as the Angels have only played 4 games and are 3-1.

NL Central
    Cubs, Reds and Cardinals are the contenders right now as they each have 5 wins while a loss separates them.

NL East
    The tightest race right now as 3 teams are 6-3 and the other two are 5-3.

NL West
    I will say this is a 3 team race between the Dodgers, Dbacks and Rockies. LA started off hot but sit at 4-4 as the Dbacks sit at 3-3 this division is looking for someone to take control.

Now a look at my team
    Washington Nationals
    I hope the East will be able to keep up because I feel very good to go on a pretty long winning streak. Pitching well and guys are stepping up at the plate. John Lannan has pitched well striking out 26 through 20.2 innings and giving up 10 ER, 4.35 ERA is a little high and looks to come down. Ryan Zimmerman is starting his push to become the leagues top player with a .385 average. He is starting to become more patient and has 2 HR along with 6 RBIs. Look for him to continue and blow up the next few series as the Nationals will lean on him more and more. Nationals will host the Padres, then split with the Rockies before closing out the first half with the White Sox at home.

6. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

I'll post some stuff tonight.

7. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

San Francisco Giants

[​IMG]

4-5

As expected, the Giants have struggled to score runs on a consistent basis. However, their pitching has not been as good as advertised either. Tim Lincecum has 2 wins but he has only 1 quality start out of his 3 outings. Jonathan Sanchez has been very good in his two starts but has a loss and a no decision to show for it. Matt Cain and Barry Zito have been extremely average to below average in their starts. The bullpen has been ok. Affedelt, Romo, and Mota have put together some good innings at times. Brian Wilson has been able to save games in his opportunities but not with out runs being scored.

The Giants bats have produced a nice number of hits but cannot generate any runs. Double plays and base running errors have done in scoring opportunities for the G- Men. Molina leads the team in Homers with 4 but also leads the team in strike outs.

8. blocker7

blocker7 Walk On

by the way, bigsmooth is extremely legit. he had my completely off my game and destroyed my pitching that has had everyone i have played off balance. so far he is my favorite to win the ALCS. if he really is new to the game i hate to see how good he is down the road. i wish i was the yankees to go toe to toe with that dude.