How bout them Cowboys!!

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by Iron Mickey, Dec 20, 2009.

1. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

How bout them Cowboys!!

What a great game and win. All I heard all week from BSPN, The DMN, Marshall Faulk, Jamie Dukes, and even Tony Dungy (who said we had no chance) was how the Cowboys were going to get their ass kicked.

Well we beat dem damn Saints in their house. And Romo outplayed Brees. Great win. Hopefully they can keep it rolling, and I can get my Barber jersey out again for another trip to Texas in the month of January for some playoff's.

[​IMG]

2. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

gross....

3. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

Are you serious? One win and the Cowboys have everything turned around? Im willing to bet the Redskins make it interesting next week.

Not only that, Wait to Philly comes down to "Jerry's House" and puts a beating on the Boys in front of there home fans. Make sure you have your Barber Jersey on

4. Iron Mickey

You mean like when we went into Philly and kicked their butts earlier in the year? lol. And no matter the records, youre right, Washington is always a tough game for the Cowboys.

You should be careful talking trash though, the 49ers could beat the pass-happy Eagles in today's conditions. Remember who you are boasting, because that team lost to the Raiders......

No need to get bent out of shape and hate man, I was just sayin it was a great game & win for the Boys and hopefully will propell them into the playoffs.

I didnt say they won the Superbowl.....

Chill.

5. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Thanks for the win..

Just hope you don't have to play DEM VIKINGS! lol

6. Iron Mickey

HAHA...Yeah the Vikings I believe are a better team in the NFC.

7. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

It was a well played game by the Boys and what I've been looking for from them for a couple years now. We have 3 good RB's, a big O-line, and with Miles Austin emerging we have 2 good WR's and a top TE. This O should be able to bull over teams when needed and throw over them if needed and the D is certainly good enough to compliment.
    Obviously the problem is at head coach = lack of discipline, not being able to finish, etc. and I hope Jerry isn't fooled by a couple wins in December and a 10 - 6 record into keeping Wade around. He seems like a nice guy but if we had Cowher, Schottenheimer or Shannahan these past few years we would be talking about SB appearances, not missing the playoffs or early round exits.

8. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Good point there. I think that is exactly what needs to be done. The Cowboys looked great last night.

9. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

They were solid (I am a Cowboys fan) Special Teams is now a waeakness besides buehler on Kickoffs. We haven't done much in the return game lately and Folk could have cost us that game. Honestly, did you see the guy pregame? There are plenty of kickers out there go get one.

Roy Williams will you please stand up. I know football and your presence along with Witten's makes Miles austin who he is but damn all that talent and potential do something with it! Boys better draft a difference maker at WR next year on day one. Also hopefully we can get another Safety. I played against Gerald Sensabaugh in college when he was at East Tennesee State before they axed football and he went to UNC. He was a beast then and is ok now but it would be nice to have a more rangy guy to take some throws away down the field.

BTW The Cowboys did a great job taking away the deep ball last night. Newman and Jenkins could turn into a dominant pair if Jenkins gets better.

Off my soap box. Romo thank you for showing up bud we need you! Demarcus you sparked the team and set the tone by playing last night! Jay Ratliff continue to be the beast that you are. Anthony Spencer, bet the Eagles wish they would have drafted you now, LOL. Vikings trade us Percy Harvin for Roy Williams. Straight up no draft picks, LOL

10. Iron Mickey

Well said Sdid....Yeah if the boys can get a top notch safety thru the draft, that would even make that secondary even better.

11. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

The Cowboys need a new coach.

12. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

The Boys do need a safety and they need to get younger on the O-line in a hurry.....but none of that matters as long as Wade is their head coach. My 2 favorite teams are ND and the Cowboys and they have been a mirror image of each other for the past 4 - 5 years. A lot of talent, poor coaching, poor discipline, can't finish a damn thing. ND took care of their problem with Weis now it is time for Dallas to do the same with Wade.

13. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

LOL.....Cowboys.

14. Iron Mickey

LOL Eagles....So much to be proud of in that rich tradition, superbowl winning franchise....oh wait......

[​IMG]

15. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

You forgot his Momma.

Yeah, you have us beat with History. However, thats what it is..HISTORY. The cowboys have not won a playoff game since??? They choke worse then the Texans do. The Eagles crushed Dallas last year then went on and beat the Giants and Vikings away from Philly. They were one play and a bad call away from beating Arizona.

16. Iron Mickey

Well see what happens this year. But all I know is they went into Philly several weeks ago and beat them, and then just clobbered the Saints in their own house. The Cowboys arent far from winning playoff games again. Their just as good as an other NFC team right now. It potentially looks like Dallas/Philly for the wildcard game...just depends who is home/away.

17. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

Yeah Philly is already in. Im thinking a loss by Dallas to Washington would hurt. Thats the sleeper game for them

18. Iron Mickey

Well I was right.....lol. Dallas destroyed Washington last night. Looks like back-to-back Cowboy/Eagles games in Week 17 & in the Wild Card. Whoever wins this week gets the playoff game at home.

There are some other possible match-ups...but its 99.9% Cowboys/Eagles again.

This is going to be fun....lol

19. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Yes sir the ususal suspects showed last night, and just think if Roy Williams would catch the ball in midfield instead of only in the endzone we'd be even more dangerous.

can't wait for this week We're coming Chunky Soup.