How bout them

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Masler, Sep 10, 2011.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

Spartans?!

JCspartan2

What do you think? Week 1 was probably just heat related issues. After today (even though FAU isn't a great team) I am confident we are solid contenders to repeat for the B1G Crown. Mainly because we only allowed 40 something yards of offense while putting up 400+ of our own. GO GREEN!!

2. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Defense was strong today, especially those linebackers. Most of the pass break-ups were actually due to the linebackers in coverage. So much for that being the weakness of the team. I think the D-line came a little more ready to play this week after an embarrassing week 1. The two DTs were fired up all day.

Offensively the O-line blocked a helluva lot better than last week with the lineup changes and the RBs were able to get 4-5 yards a pop. The passing game is going to be scary good when we are actually forced to use it, you could tell MSU was trying to work on the run blocking today because they were running the ball right into the teeth of a lot of the blitzs FAU was throwing at them. But passing-wise, there isn't a more talented group of WRs and TEs in the nation. It's going to be fun to watch. I wouldn't be surprised to see Cunningham's name on the Bilitnikoff finalist list by the end of the season, I can't believe how much that kid has improved over his 5 years at MSU.

3. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Badgers.

4. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Badgers!

5. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Making the Pac-12 look shitty =[

Pac-12 is looking horrid. Arizona got a butt whooping my Okie St (sat through the entire game cause i love my team and saw some good things which makes me confident going into our stretch of Stanford, Oregon, and @USCsr), and Oregon St is 0-2 being shut out and losing in OT to an FCS team. At least Arizona St got a good win in extra time against Mizzou, Oregon put the hammer to Nevada, and Stanford beat Duke handily. Washington even beat Hawaii. Thankfully. Colorado v. Cal is still going on (it's technically not a conference game), and Utah v. USCsr going on soon. Go Cal and go USC!

EDIT: Cal and Colorado had a thrilling finish as Cal QB Maynard threw a corner route TD after Colorado got a field goal to win! Can't wait till next week and the start of conference play for Zona.

6. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

I was dumbfounded by the ASU game. How do you blow a 14 point lead midway through the 4th quarter at home? Talk about trying to find a way to lose a game. Thankfully they pulled it off in the end.

7. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Um did you watch this ND game?!?!? I'm so dumb founded at how BAD Notre Dame's DB's are. Denard's only completions were ones where the DB's couldn't find the ball and were trying to get their head out of their asses. But Denard is a BEAST. When he is out of the pocket, you get scared. And Notre Dame letting Michigan score 28 points in the 4th? Come on Irish. =/

8. Masler

Masler Moderator

Ask Notre Dame

• Like Like x 1
  9. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

What a fucking game!!! I'm really scared for the rest of the season though. I felt like 8 wins was realistic, but I'm not sure any more. When we play teams that won't turn it over a hundred times, we might be screwed. When we play a power running team, we might be screwed. If we can't find a way to move the ball without Denard lofting it a mile in the air and praying the defense doesn't look for the ball, we might be screwed.

On the bright side, we beat Notre Dame for the third year in a row for the first time since 1908? so at least we've got that.

FUCK THE IRISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 3
  10. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Go Redsox!