How close are we to starting?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by BRUCE80, Jul 21, 2010.

1. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

How close are we to starting?

Just curious.

2. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

Most of the guys stated that they wanted to wait on Luv's rosters.... So if that is still the plan you all want, then it won't be until August.

If we want to download a roster set and make our own revisions to make at least our teams perfect, we can certainly speed up that timeline...

3. BG

BG On The Rize!

I'm with the latter! Its gotten to the point that I have not played the game in a couple of days due to ROBO CPU. Default settings are just brutal, LOL!!!

4. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

man I was really hoping to wait....but it seems more leagues are crumbling everyday and starting.

5. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

i still wanna wait. i got too much work going down to get this fired up. we arent far from august.

6. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

The problem for me is that it won't be August....it will be closer to September. I think that is why we are the only Premier dynasty still waiting.

However, I will follow the majority and like it!!

7. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

agreed. i guess i dont really care.

8. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

There has to be a good set of rosters out for ps3, have we researched it?

9. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

there are ok rosters with plenty of mistakes i mean guys get hurt, kicked off, and transfer schools almost daily so will they ever be complete. Like with Marcel Dareus of Alabama he's ineligible as of right now, and the big time LB prospect just jumped ships to Florida from Cal. Sentreal henderson same thing. If people have things they want done to their teams rosters we can get it done and roll. I will be out of town the next two weekends but will have nothing but time sunday night thru thursday.

10. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

I doesn't matter to me, hence the reason C2C hasn't started yet.. lol emm

11. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

I'm down for waiting (y)

Really doesn't matter to me, only reason I vote to wait are the obvious...no PS3 atm (going to figure it out next week after this short getaway to Long Beach Island), work and school starting August 23rd....

But I am down for whatever. Talked to Gamestop yesterday and the chick THINKS they may take my busted PS3 back for something, not the full $200...obviously, but something, which to me is sounds like the best plan as I have some money with them in store credit. Just need to get the game out which I plan on doing possibly Sunday or Monday... ;)

12. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Have you tried looking on craigslist. Somebody told me you can get some money for a broken PS3 or even get it fixed for cheap. Just a thought.

13. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

Here are my thoughts:

* I really don't care if the 2nd string Guard from Western Michigan is missing knee braces
    * After Y4, it doesn't matter anyway
    * Accurate names and positions is a plus

If the 12 of us shared around a roster file, I bet we could tweak at least our 12 teams, if not all 3 of our conferences (35 teams) to near perfection in under a week.. So if you all are willing/wanting to do that, I bet we could be starting by the end of next week or early the following week as opposed to waiting until ~Sept 1

-- This still gives us time to play with sliders, determine the best speed threshold setting, as well as get some more "team practices" in, and gives Cimmy a little more time to think

Thoughts?

14. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

i'm game even willing to do it alone if people send me a correcton sheet thats not confusing and easy to follow. some of the guys in the roster project forum posted nice ones. then you guys proof it and were ready to go on the 31st.

15. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

His name is Melvin Shudakinkinmieir

Good point on #2

16. Emmdotfrisk

I must be the only one that cares :( It's gonna drive me crazy when I play purdue this season and Mavre isn't the starter, not only that but he is rated a 67.

17. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

we can fix that easily

18. Emmdotfrisk

that is just one of many changes....

19. Iron Mickey

Edit Purdue than Frisky Cat!!

20. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

fixed it... (y)

21. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

I fixed it again...

22. Emmdotfrisk

at that rate I will have to edit every team in the Big 10, then every team in our conferences, then all 120 teams...

23. Iron Mickey

I am worried for you Frisk!!! Play the game!! That's what you were born to do!! Ball out in NCAA!!

24. jca312

jca312 Walk On

I will help out however I can. Starting on the 31st sounds good, but I'm good with whatever the league decides.

25. Emmdotfrisk

Playing is only part of it for me. The other part is a realistic experience of building a team.......almost like emulating the process of being a college coach. Incorrect rosters will affect that greatly. For example my current players and underclassmen may be non existent, or not at the ability they should be so my recruiting will be affected.

Secondly, my recruiting pipeline. If players on my current roster are not listed to be from the proper city and state it will affect my recruiting pipeline.

Lastly, my opponents. If I see someone playing for a team they shouldn't be (other than in game transfers) I'm going to puke. There are so many transfers that have not made the cut of the game. I wouldnt care for any other dynasty than SH, but to me SH is the Cream of the Crop (pun intended) and I have my favorite team.

I guess I can handle it if everyone really wants to start. But let me nitpick my team at least.