How did Va Tech win over Miami....lets go to the video tape!

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by jms493, Oct 22, 2009.

1. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

How did Va Tech win over Miami....lets go to the video tape!

This is the longest highlight film I have created yet. I am getting better with Sony Vegas and have begun adding comments along with my video. Check it out!

The Miami Controversy....in HD!!

[YOUTUBE]WZ5XHT7hluE[/YOUTUBE]

2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Random observations...

That first drop by the TE (wide open) really hurt you. It was a good read and throw. I know you worship that guy but he fucked ya!

Then subsequently you decide to call a screen pass... on Jugg's side. Why? didn't make any sense to me he's gonna read that every time.

3. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

yeah the screen was a pray....it was 3rd and 20 and I was hoping fomr him to be overly aggressive on the play....didnt work...o well.

4. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Nice work JMS.

Do you play in the aggressive settings on defense the whole game?

5. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Couple of observations from the opposing Coach:

- I notice alot more double teams, and alot less pressure, from Robinson in the 2nd half. Wonder why Helli?!?! (y)

- At the 7 min mark, we dropped 2 sure fire game clinching interceptions...plays your team made against us but we failed to. Add another pick 6 at 8:50 mark.

- And of course the horrible TD call at the end of the game

Not our night...great video though JMS

6. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

only certain categories off the bat....when I was down by 13 in the 4th qtr I turned everything on yellow except Strip.

7. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Not saying it wouldn't have happened otherwise, but what do you think the odds were of your defense coming up with those sacks and ints had you still been on normal?

8. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Well most of the year I have been playing aggressive on Def Line and Zone Coverage....so i couldn't tell for a fact.

But IMO my linebackers are run stoppers and they would more than likely knock those ball downs. If I manually control them I usually go for the knock down. Therefore with those setting on aggressive I think they went for the INT.........well mainly b.c we needed it!

9. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Good stuff Jay. The arrow that pointed to the wide open TE around the 5 minute mark had me in tears.

You should definitely get the Mort's NFL Primetime Music for your next video summary. (y)

10. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

yeah i was thinking of adding some type of espn tunes somewhere in the video

11. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

At 5:40 what's with the DE rushing and then sprinting back in zone

12. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

I thought my LB had a brain fart and the TE was going uncovered up the seam, so decided to try and manually cover him with the DE. Looking at the video now though, my safety was going to pick him up

13. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    How fast is that DE? I assume you were kidding JMS when you said he had 99 spd, lol. Although from the video it wouldn't be that hard to believe.

14. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I think he's like 89 drift.

I never messed with the aggressive/conservative stuff since last season..syne that will help my non existant pass rush. I swear everytime helli came at me it said user jump lol

15. Blaza

I've noticed that in my last few games too. It always says user jump, yet whenever I try to hardsnap to get an offside call, I end up with an illegal procedure/false start. :mad:

16. Blaza

I've noticed that in my last few games too. It always says user jump, yet whenever I try to hardsnap to get an offside call, I end up with an illegal procedure/false start. :mad:

How do you turn on the user jump?

17. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Actually I think he's like 90-91...got a bump in the off-season. Real player, DE Marcus Robinson. But he's probably graduated already in TT2 since you guys are a year ahead of us

18. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Just Turn on Aggressive fot DLine.....I usually dont control them but it still says user jump......error!

19. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

Wow! What a game! That was entertaining! Nice post!

How many interceptions did Miami drop?

Miami must have felt like it was him against the world!

20. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Bub is always needling our league, I love it.

21. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Here is how I think these settings work (or don't). And my strategy for them.

At the beginning I have everything set to green, or sometimes I'll come out with maybe 1 change. But leave it mostly stock. If the defense is playing well, reacting, etc... Leave everything there.

But observe what is happening. For instance if I see a guy just watching a ball go by in the secondary I will try putting it to aggressive. Or sometimes to swat.

BAsically in each game as it progresses I'm looking for the perfect settings for my team for that day. It's not something I have permanently set. But yeah if it starts working, you leave it.