How difficult is it...

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Winuvas, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

...to plan free agency, spend within a budget, and have a backup plan? Case in point: Bluebean. Thirty minutes before the closing of a guy I and he bid on, he wants to back out cause he's out of money after signing Greer.

Did I NOT post a warning about this shit a week before the offseason started?

I wanted Trufant, and I know I won't get him because I bid minimum. So I claimed 2 other CBs, and if by some miracle I got Trufant, I STILL have a backup plan to get a few extra million to have the cash I need.

Is it so hard?

REALLY??????

2. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

no its not, but thats why i love our system. guys like you wont go nuts, and guys like him will lose their balls and hurt themselves. ITS FREAKING GREAT!

3. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

sorry no backing out. He needs to cut a guy.

4. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

It's just aggravating when you bid on a guy you KNOW no one else will touch with a 20 foot pole and get overbid by someone who wanted to back out because he won another guy.

I mean, Trufant has 82 speed. WHO WANTS THAT BESIDES A GUY DESPERATE FOR CB HELP?

:)

5. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

I want him to keep him because i play him game 1:)

Getting him a little jammed up cap wise. Its specifically why I didnt bid on more guys. Its why we have a 3 day FA period. I also used the trade market to get better. He had his opportunities.

We do this and we start a trend. Just my 2 cents.

In all serious, Its not because I play him game 1.....

6. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

HOLY SHIT....

ELEVEN MILLION DOLLARS for TRUFANT???????

Are you SERIOUS?

I offered Trufant the MINIMUM. The bare bones MINIMUM.

Bluebean, I love him, but he's an idiot.

7. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

I dont think hes backing out because of money. I think hes backing out because he saw his speed. Its not like he really needs a CB by the looks of it.

8. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Tough shit, there is no backing out...Enjoy Trufant Blueballs

9. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

honestly, I think he's playing a spite game because of what happened to him last time with Joey porter

10. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

what spit game? Im not following.

11. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

I didnt see the extra info in the thread. Did we really let someone back out last year? If so, I may be more inclined to let this happen.

12. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

We let a new owner back out of a FA deal that would have put him irrevocably above the cap (Rams old owner). I'm not for letting veterans, let alone a former board member and day 1 OMFL guy off the hook.

VETERANS SHOULD KNOW BETTER.

13. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Let me state: if this were a new owner and their first offseason, I'd be all for kid gloves to a certain extent. NOT here. Plus, you let him off, and now I have 2 bids that I put in because I lost on Trufant. So now shit would roll downhill.

Granted, I could handle Trufant and the two other CBs I have claimed. It would take some number crunching, but could happen. But that's not fair to me to let him off the hook when I warned EVERYONE a WEEK prior to OFFSEASON starting.

You tell me the solid, reasonable excuse for it, and I might have a kind ear. As it stands, no owner has a leg to stand on.

14. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

I only meant I could make a case for it. I didnt have any of the details. Is he allowed to cut him? Im not sure what the rule is on FA's that you win? I thought there was a rule you had to keep them but perhaps that was for trades and you couldn't trade them that season. I have idea why he would bid on any CBs to be candid. He has the market cornered. Pun intended

15. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

The rule we just put in is that FAs stay with the team the entire year. So any FAs signed this year remain with the club the entire year.

This was done to eliminate a loophole with rent-a-players. Guys were talking at length about signing big overalls to big deals, then after the season started, cutting them and resigning to a cheaper rate. With guys for the most part tapped on dollars, this would allow the team to basically rip a new one to the salary of a player, which is totally unrealistic.