How do you decide recruit's interest in your school?

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by jello1717, Oct 10, 2011.

1. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Does anyone know how to determine which types of recruits will be interested in your school? It would make sense that it's either your playbook or your recruit plan's position preferences, but I haven't found either of those to work.

In my 1st 2 years, it's been mostly pocket passers with the occasional balanced QB interested in my school. This year, the 5 best QBs that start off green for me are all scramblers (which is obviously what I want).

Does anyone know what I did to finally attract scramblers? Is it just random and this season is a fluke coincidence? I'd guess that in my offline, at least 75% of the QBs interested in my team are scramblers, so I seem to be doing it right there.

2. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I think it's mainly random, based on your pipeline states and what your needs are. I had almost no defensive linemen interested last year, this year I have quite a few.

3. Masler

Masler Moderator

I go by whoever has me in their top ten. Then sort out who has me as #1, i will usually look at ratings to see who has a better chance of progressing well and who will fit in and actually get decent PT. Same for if they have me top ten. Then i will look at those who are not intrested

4. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

dakota7 and MaslerBoros16, I don't think you guys understood my question. I'm not asking how you decide what guys to go after or how the game decides what positions are interested. I'm wondering how the game decides whether QBs that like your school are pocket passers, balanced, or scramblers.

5. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Like most other things in this game, I think there's zero logic behind it. It'd be nice if you'd get scramblers interested in you if you had an option/spread style playbook, balanced for pro style books, and pocket passers for air raid/run n shoot books, but that would make too much sense for EA to do. At least we got dreads and cool looking grass though :)

6. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

You didn't understand my answer. It's random. There is no way for us to control the type of player that is interested.

7. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Yeah there is no rhyme or reason. In the last couple releases on prev-gen there was a connection to play style if I remember correctly but that was then.