How does Miami take out one of their most heated rivals??

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by jms493, Sep 18, 2009.

1. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

How does Miami take out one of their most heated rivals??

#1 Miami vs V-Tech

Well all in all I was not impressed with the Miami Offense. He is still gun shy to pass it around even with an all star lineup at WR. His team is built off that Killer defense as it stifles offense and forces them into mistakes. If JuJu and company would have miniimized some mental errors I think they could have stole a win here. We were in the game 80% of the way and we didnt capitalize when chances were given to us. Story of the year. Miami played good enough to win. They better hope they play better in the coming weeks. Dont Waste it Juggs. Good game and JuJu and company will see you next season.

Enjoy!

[YOUTUBE]5zwE_Ze1fUI[/YOUTUBE]

2. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Lol miami didn't need much offense against VTech! I love ya jms but he may have scaled down his offense to just score 35 because he knew ud give up a lot and his defense is just insane. Seriously what was the final score though?

3. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

lol at that play at 1:42. Didn't look like a designed rollout ...

4. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

that's a screen plan and the only way I can get them off vs his crazy line is if I run out a little bit to give my HB time to get in position to catch the ball. Otherwise I would stand there like a sitting duck waiting for the ass raping.

Rolling out to the right was retarded b/c each time I did I throw 3 ints........i will not be doing that any more.

5. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Yeah his line is insane. U can't get 2 seconds of time because they get to u that quick.

6. BlyGilmore

lol a little bit? you were almost standing on the flipping 10 on the field and threw the ball to the other side of the far hashmark. you did it twice too.

jesus i thought we were supposed to be a straight, sim ball league? not one where you spend hours labbing to find a way to suck the defense away from a screen pass so you can complete it because you don't do it the way its supposed to be run.

7. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

yeah I dropped back 8 yards........I don't know what to tell ya.

8. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I don't bother running HB screens under center, especially against a team loaded on defense like Miami's.

9. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

The gameplan was run, run, run. Throw a few screens b/c I know he likes to blitz, hit the Tightends/Fullbacks whenever possible. Play Zone Blitz defense and try and get pressure with the ends. My Wide receivers were completely over shadowed by his CBs......

The plan worked but the execution was poor. I though screens were a good idea as long as I could buy some time.

10. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

The play at 4:30 is pretty cool, i have never seen that before.

11. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

The Fumble? I was playing aggressive jump snap so I guess some one guessed right and got in the backfield very quickly. If he would have faked some snaps I would have probably had to take it back to normal.

12. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

JMS - I told Helli the exact same thing this morning. I wanted to know if the people in the chat were critisizing me for being too conservative. Honestly, that was my plan, not to make any mistakes and if needed in the 2nd half open it up. It turned out to be the other way around. We had a lead at half and I decided to just shove it down your throat, and thats why on the 1st drive we ran the ball like 8 plays in a row for a TD.

Good game though. I was nervous playing you, but I did think I was gonna have an easier time than I did. Your defense played alot better against me than against the cpu lol

13. BlyGilmore

on that play at 4:30 did you flip it? that used to happen in madden a few years ago if you flipped certain plays - the AI didn't adjust the play correctly and your FB would be standing there blocking the pitch. other plays would have the QB turn around to handoff and nobody there.

14. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

also, id like the Johnson catch submitted for play of the month. I couldn't save plays obviously since I got disco late

15. jfosh

jfosh Super

You accomplished the end goal the win. Most game plans dont get critisized when your the clear winner. With him zone blitzing all night you could have run earlier with success. The only play I did not like was the play action on 3rd and 17.

16. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Fosh any problem with that screen play....I am running back to far. Just let me know. My shit it out there for everyone to see...so I need to be even extra careful.

17. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Ok...Helli said the same thing. While I understand the concept of play action on 3rd and 17 not being "sim"...I wasn't doing it to fuck with the cpu AI. I was doing it cause I like that route that Johnson runs on that play. It always seems to end up with him 1 on 1 with the safety, and I will throw to him in that circumstance everytime. But I would also have been content with either taking a sack or even throwing a deep pick. I figured if he catches it, great. If not, either it's a punt or a pick at around the same place on the field.

And I also didn't know that you could hot route your RB to a flat route and the play would be the same minus the play action. So in the future I'll do that if it comes up again.

But I don't think that makes a difference in the game.

JMS, as for your screen passes, I don't mind you dropping back far, the only problem I had with the them was that you would "speed burst" back. You don't typically see a QB run as fast as he can back 10 yds...stop...and throw a screen to a HB or WR. But even then, it's not like it killed me for TDs. Occassionaly you would pick up a 1st down. Most of them did nothing. So no big deal to me.

18. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Yeah but if they were TDs they would be a problem......yeah the sprinting back is a not sim....I can eliminate that..... but if a lineman is on my ass I am running. I ran before any of that happened.

Also yeah I know you are not trying to fuck with the AI I trust you. But in the game it does on any situation. If you play a random east game room...thats all they call is play action....b/c it works too well. There should have been someone covering that portion of the field as that was a Prevent Zone defense.

19. jfosh

jfosh Super

I think we just dont want to see the screen pass being thrown 35 yards across the field. I think if you avoid running directly out of the pocket on the snap you should be ok. As far as being under pressure by all means nobody wants you to stand there and take a sack.

20. jfosh

jfosh Super

I didn't think you were doing it to confuse the AI I really did not know why you were doing it. I only made the comment so we can agree that it is something we should not be doing in the league. And as it turns out I learned from your post you could hot route the play action man and use it as a normal play.

I dont think it makes a difference in last nights game either. Big win for the "U" nice job. There could be a National Championship with no * in your future.

21. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I think that play puts an asterick next too the U for this season. So if he does win it all...it has a * pinned to it.