How in the hell do you get pancakes in this game?!?

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by jello1717, Jul 2, 2010.

1. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

How in the hell do you get pancakes in this game?!?

One of the things I hate about our sliders is the fact that I can never get pancakes with them. Because of that, I'll never have even an all conference offensive lineman. I was looking at award semifinalists and was SHOCKED at what I saw. Nebraska's starting O-lineman have the following number of pancakes/sacks allowed:
    OVR Pancakes sacks allowed
    93 50 1
    93 37 1
    94 35 3
    95 31 2
    86 28 2

If you add up every single O-lineman on my team, they combine for 19 pancakes. Here are my O-lineman to compare to Nebraska's. You can see that my guys clearly don't suck as there are 2 99s and they're all at least a 90 OVR. Hell, comparing my 5 best to Nebraska's 5 best and all 5 of my guys are better.
    OVR Pancakes sacks allowed
    99 6 0
    96 4 1
    94 4 11
    90 3 4
    99 1 4

Here are the total pancakes for the top 5 linemen on the other user teams (not including Army or ND as they've played mostly simmed games).
    fla-23
    mia-46
    mich-18
    MSU-12
    MSU-15
    OU-18
    PSU-33

Nebraska's top 4 guys have as many pancakes as the 35 starting O-linemen of other 7 user teams that have played most of their games (as opposed to simming them).

How is this possible? Hova, are you supersimming or something? Are you using aggressive blocking in gameplanning? Are you using lead blocking? Do you notice more pancakes on certain plays? I have been trying to get pancake numbers for seasons and season and 15 pancakes is the most I've ever gotten in an entire season and this was back in 2011 before we turned down the user blocking slider.

What's your secret?

2. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Not to jump in your league's thread but it has something to do with the sliders. I really believe with the higher slider setting offensive linemen 'dominate' the defensive linemen more therefore you see a bunch of d-linemen basically falling because one move failed. With a lower slider setting the rush looks more realistic and most d-linemen keep their balance after one failed move.

I'm a slider junkie and took this in effect when I requested our league's PB to be lowered because of the unrealistic time in the pocket and suction blocking.

3. jello1717

This shouldn't be a slider issue since we're all using the same sliders. Our Run Blocking slider is set to 35 (which is why everyone besides Nebraska has few pancakes).

4. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Not to jump in this or anything, but I'd LOVE to know that secret too since for O-lineman, it seems like getting playing time is based on stats (pancakes) and with '11 and the formation subs, getting guys pancakes means more easily switching out guys and getting everyone playing time.

5. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Long shot, but possibly style of offense..

6. jello1717

I'm not sure what it is, but he has what I'm looking for in a rushing offense. Not only do his O-linemen have 4 of the 5 most pancakes in the country, but his HB has twice as many broken tackles as the #2 (CPU controlled) HB in the country (69 vs. 35). In my online and offline dynasties I've had bruising backs that can run people over, but I rarely get broken tackles. In any given game I can count 3 or 4 broken tackles that don't actually get counted as broken tackles for some reason.

7. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

I never use aggressive Oline. I pass alot of 5 wide?? Maybe that is why? I have been supersimming some this season when I am dominating late. I dunno man??

8. jello1717

Are you noticing pancakes while passing? In my slider tests, I definitely noticed (lots) more pancakes with a higher run blocking slider but haven't looked into pass blocking. Maybe it's the supersimming. I'm not sure.

9. Masler

Masler Moderator

sheer luck?

10. MaxAttack360

MaxAttack360 Walk On

Answer: He plays in the Big 12.

11. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Holy shit, you run a lot of 5 wide and still had that many pancake blocks?!? How is that even possible, lol.

I really couldn't care, since I'm happy if my OL even touch the DL.