How is everyone liking the league so far?

Discussion in 'The Baseline : NBA 2K14 Online Association' started by Dru50, Oct 20, 2011.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

What are things you are (or are not) enjoying about the new OA mode and this league in particular? Figured everyone has been playing in the league for a bit now and most have probably played 4-5 games at least.

Personally, I really like what 2k did with this new game mode. You can do nearly everything you can do in the offline association, which is sweet. Surprisingly, I find myself liking the 'auto-advance' schedule, as it removes any issues around someone holding up the league or people getting upset if they get simmed. It puts the onus on each user to get their stuff in or they get simmed, plus simmed games help balance out the stick jockeys dominating with bad teams. I'm not sure how the playoffs/offseason work, but I'm looking forward to seeing it implemented.

I also am very happy with the group in here thus far and think this is a great group to move forward with.

About the only thing I don't like about the association mode is that you can't alter sliders at all. I'm not a huge fan of the All-Star difficulty (mainly due to the fact that the CPU shoots lights out most nights and rarely, if ever, turns the ball over on offense), but I agree with most that Pro might get too easy down the road. If there was a way to tune down the user 3 point shooting and CPU shooting in general, the game would be pretty damn near perfect.

Something that I think we need to consider moving forward is whether each user should be forced to sim a certain number of games, to allow things to move quickly and also balance out stats/records based solely on the build of the team. Currently, I think most games have been played by the users, but that's something to discuss as we move through the season.

Anyhow - sound off guys. If you have criticism for me, Bondzai007 or RynoAid, feel free to voice that as well. We can't make things better if we don't know what's wrong.

recchem2000
    JFace907
    bucsfan047
    gowazzucougs
    Danthraxxx
    ryalaman
    Papa Perry
    BDSDIGITAL
    makinpropel
    Mike E
    Gngsta4Lyphe
    sreese

2. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

it advances at different rates all the time, so it is hard to plan ahead. Thats all I have against it so far.

3. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

So far I like : set up of GM moves , schedule is smooth , gameplay is stellar , only one user game against bucsfan047 and it was much more fun than playing CPU

What I do not like : servers are still a by shaky, my and JFace907 could not play :( , and difficulty is not realistic , I have a game where the clippers out rebounded me by 19 , seems like CPU adjusts to find what you are not doing well and bends you over to ensure a loss

Oh and I hate Leol Deng or however it's spelled lol , F that guy he stinks

4. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

I think it advances faster if there are no user games left to be played for that day, but I could also be imagining that part.

5. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I love the advance schedule!

I think the gameplay sofas is very unrealistic but hopefully that'll improve as we improve.

6. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

I think it is going good, took a break last night. Should be back on tonight

7. Dru50

No - you are entirely correct. Apparently, if the game advances and there are no (or few) user games to play, it speeds up the advance. I really like that feature.

8. Dru50

Do you think it's unrealistic due to the difficulty level? As I said, aside from the CPU FG% and lack of turnovers, I like the way All Star plays. It's too easy on every level to hit 3's in my opinion, but I don't see how we change that without sliders.

9. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

Love the advance schedule and that you advance faster with fewer games. Great addition, separates themselves from EA with this online association. The servers are still shaky, had a great game vs sreese until he accidentally unplugged but had a shaky game with Bondzai007 Maybe i just havent figured this out but to my knowledge you cant turn on shot feedback in user games, and that is the only thing i've disliked.

10. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I'm not sure. I only played like 1 game on pro. But cpu teams cosistently shooting 65-70% from the field, or hitting their first 10 threes and shit like that is dumb. Not only that, but sometimes the final stats really don't show the crazy offense the cpu puts up. I've had games (not necessarily in this OA) where at the end the cpu shoots 55% or something like that, which is still high, but they only got that low because they started missing shots after they jumped out to a 40 pt lead in the 3rd quarter...know what I mean? I played the Clippers once when I first got the game and they were shooting in the high 70%'s at the half and I quit the game. There was no point to finishing really. I've also had the cpu go up on me 30 - 3 or 30 -5 on 8 minute quarters in the 1st quarter. Yeah they might have ended up winning by 20, but the game at this point is basically over. I have to assume it's the difficulty level, but I think you're right about the sliders.

I'm not complaining really. It is what it is and if anything it's been a little easier imo since we got into the OA. But the results are still unrealistic regardless of how you slice it. I played about as well as I can play last night against the Clippers in the OA and I just couldn't get closer than 10. Every time I'd close the gap or go on a small run they would absolutely put my fucking lights out!

11. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

You may want to start looking at fast break points. If the CPU gets a lot of those you are usually screwed. I've noticed that the more you force the CPU to play a half court game, the chances of you winning go up GREATLY. Wanna say the CPU is shooting roughly 75-80% on me during odd man rushes and only 38-44% in 5 on 5 half court ball.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

I love it. Great group of guys. The advance is pace is great. I can at best get 2 games in a day so it works well for me. Only thing i hate is the difficulty. Just finished the first quarter and toronto shot 14/17. The three they missed were rebounded by the apparently underrated amir johnson and put back. the other was a dropped, wide open pass off the inbound by russell westbrook and was picked up by calderone for a reverse dunk.

So they have scored every time down the floor. Im only down 29-22 though!

13. Dru50

Calderon threw down a reverse dunk? Jose is the man!

14. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

I havent had a problem with the CPU going lights out on me this year, but i also have a very good team defensively. Hinrich Smith Horford and Salembert are EXCELLENT defenders, especially with Smith's height advantage at SF. If you hit Left on the D pad you get the option to pressure shooters, lock down the paint, etc. That works wonders. Also, change coach profiles and change the crash board stat to as low as you want and that will reduce the chance of them getting fast breaks on you. I took my beating vs the Heat in and offline game and it was because of Fast breaks and turnovers. i had 22 turnovers and they won by a ridiculous amount.

15. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

I do all that and have done all of it. Doesnt matter.

16. Dru50

You have what should be a great defensive team in OKC. If you can't play defense with those guys, I'm hosed with Minn.:p

But seriously, I'm interested to see what everyone's defensive team stats look like after about 20-25 games, to get an idea of how everyone is faring against the CPU.

Personally, I can live with the CPU shooting well, but what I don't like is the fact that on All-Star the CPU does not turn the ball over. In the 3 CPU games I've played I think the CPU is averaging 1 turnover a quarter (I've simmed the 2nd half of 2 of the games where I was getting beat by 30+ before halftime), which isn't realistic, especially when one of those teams is Detroit (who sucks). Detroit, in a game I played to completion, had 5 turnovers the entire game. In last years real NBA, the best team in the league averaged 13 turnovers a game. Now, granted I suck at the game and suck at playing defense, but occassionally the CPU players should throw a bad pass or lose the ball in traffice or something.

All that being said, I really enjoy the game and the parts that bother me are a minor thing compared to the great parts of the game.

17. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

OKC is a good defensive team! For me, the CPU is averaging about 8-10 TOs a game and Im at about 12-15. However, they make up for those with offensive boards out the ass and my wide open shots abd layups that are missed....constantly. Even with b+ and up releases.

18. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

I'm getting A+ shot quality feedback, green release on shot timing feedback, and with a B+ Outside shooter, and I'm bricking everything.

they get c- shots, and they drop. It's unrealistic.

19. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Yeah the user game I played the shoot % and stuff felt good , but the CPU is rediculous , I attributed my losses at launch to needed to learn the game, but I think I am running good now but the CPU may never let me win :(

20. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

Can we possibly count how many CPU games we have won? not simmed? All-star is not the way to go.

I for one do not have an hour and half to waist getting beat by 40.

21. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

I would like to win some games, so the more the better.

22. sreese

sreese Walk On

I understand everyone frustration but i just want to point out that if we go to pro the user vs user games will not be as fun. On pro the shot ratings pretty much go out the window.

23. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

Do you think if we make a proposal for a game on the console, it will wait slow down the advance? It should right? Thats just a way to slow things down every now and then.

24. Dru50

Your guess is good as mine.

25. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

yea.. stuff moves and lightning speed and the disconnects really kill it for me sometimes. I'm so busy this time of year that it's hard for me to replay a game 2 or 3 times... just don't have that kind of free time or patience. Other than that, I love the game and as the World Series winds down i will be more available.