How is it?

Discussion in 'NBA 2K' started by QBKILLAR, Oct 10, 2011.

1. QBKILLAR

QBKILLAR If you only win one, please let it be Ole Miss.

Hey guys thinking about trading madden in to pick up 2k12 because I usually get my football fix from NCAA? Is this a smart move or should I just stay put with madden?

2. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Do it.

3. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

+1

4. QBKILLAR

Thanks guys. After hearing firm 2 regulars I'm gonna pull the trigger.

5. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

Like I said earlier, its a huge learning curve. Once you learn everything again, its going to be one of the best sports games in history.

6. FacePlant City

FacePlant City FacePlant City

Yeah. I would say go for it, but don't expect to be good right away. Be okay with PC beating you for a little bit ;-)

7. Gubmntcheez

Gubmntcheez Walk On

Not so fast and I hope you didn't drop sixty bones yet...

If head 2 Head online play is important to you then by all means DO NOT buy 2k12 right now...Online is a mess...Its broken...almost every game will disconnect...If I didn't have friends who also played online this game would be a complete waste...For the record I am not a gamer who enjoys playing the CPU at any level. All of my gaming is either online or H2H versus other opponents so for me online play is critical.

The game itself would probably be a great game if Online was functional...You can visit other gaming sites or simply google the plethora of problems that has stricken this game since release..Here is a small excerpt about online play and association from the sports gaming site PASTAPADRE:

"•Online Play/Online Association
    Arguably the worst online experience in years and little progress has been made in the last week plus since release. Check out the extensive impressions of the mode here. Online play is plagued by overwhelming numbers of disconnects and heavy lag/poor responsiveness – while popular modes such as Crew were removed without any prior notification or even acknowledgement since. It’s embarrassing that the promoted newwebsite, which is to house important features consumers were anticipating, not only wasn’t ready for release day but remains unlaunched. The biggest disappointment comes with Online Association – admirable in the goal of delivering an online component to the complete offline mode – but coming up short by not including all the necessary options and admin control."

Choose wisely my friend...

8. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

If you only want to access one aspect of the game, then sure don't buy it. But if you enjoy a great career mode, a damn good virtual player mode, and probably the truest to the real sport sim in this era, then 2K12 is your game. I know we are on online community, but this game has A LOT to offer for the offline gamer. Give them time to figure out their online here, they took a big risk and right now it does appear its been a little too much they could chew. Give this game a couple months and i think we've got the best sports game to date.

• Like Like x 1
  9. QBKILLAR

I'm not a big online player with basketball. Played 2k11 and really enjoyed playing the association with the Jazz. I'm assuming there are no rookies on the roster because of the lockout? I guess I'm saying my favorite 2 modes are the my player and association. Thought online association could have been more fun had you had to play games against the CPU and users like in madden. I haven't done it yet but I'm going to.

Thanks though for the heads up with the online problems.