How is your CCM going?

Discussion in 'Madden NFL Football' started by BrownsTillDeath, Dec 27, 2012.

1. BrownsTillDeath

BrownsTillDeath Walk On

I play with the Browns in mine. On my 4th year with a record of 1-1 so far, both extremely tight games. I started my CCM with the default Browns roster, with HC being Pat Shurmur, QB being Weeden, etc... My first 2 years were a struggle, finishing 7-9 my first year and 8-8 my second, missing the playoffs in both of those years. After my first year, I held the 12th overall pick in the draft. I could have taken a QB here, but decided building on my core of receivers by selecting WR Jamal Carlisle out of Wisconsin. Carlisle wasn't talked about much, so this was a pretty surprising pick. Looking back, I probably could have took another route with this pick, considering Carlisle gets hurt nearly every game with a durability rating of 59. Now, later on in the 1st round, I traded up to take who I felt would be a steal, and that's CB Stephan Bonilla out of Oregon. Bonilla was considered a top flight CB in this draft, but scared some teams because of his small size, standing at just 5'9 and weighing 180 lbs. Teams weren't sure if his size would translate to the NFL. But, as Todd McShay said when I drafted him, the Pros outweighed the Cons. I drafted him with the 29th overall pick. In the second round, I drafted a RT out of USC, who proved to be a major flop. Now, heres where things get interesting. In the 4th round, I found an absolute GEM. And that's TE Aaron Lilly out of UNLV. Standing at 6'7 and around 250 lbs,He is basically a taller and skinnier version of Gronk.

Heading into my second year with the team coming off of a 7-9 record, there were still uncertainties. Was Brandon Weeden the answer at QB? Was Pat Shurmur the right HC? Well, turned out neither were the answer. Pat Shurmur was fired (By myself) and interim Coach Joe Irving (Who I created, mix of Joe Haden and Kyrie Irving,LOL) took over. With Irving taking over, that also marked the end of the short lived Weeden era. Blaine Gabbert (Who I traded for at the beginning of the pre-season) took over as QB. Gabbert got out to a very fast start, but declined from there Towards the end of the season, QB Brandon Weeden got a second chance...for about 3 quarters. He was looking pretty good until he failed in the clutch,as usual. Blaine Gabbert was the starter for the final game, his last as a Cleveland Brown. We finished 8-8 that year, missing the playoffs.

Enough of the negatives on year 2, lets look at some of the positives. CB Stephan Bonilla won DROY with 8 interceptions, TE Aaron Lilly won OROY with around 850 yards and 5 TD'S, and LE Jabaal Sheard won DPOY with 19 sacks. WR Jamal Carlisle missed alot of games that year, but proved he COULD be a valuable piece of the offense behind Josh Gordon (Who had 1,006 receiving yards) if he could just stay healthy. Have we mentioned Trent Richardson yet? Well, despite missing a few games his rookie year, he still managed to get 1,000 + rushing yards with 8 TD's, and in his second year, he ha around 1250 yards with 8 TD's. He was also a pretty good receiver.

The Draft... It's obvious the Browns would be targeting a QB in this draft. Who would it be? Rockford Odom? Leon Jones? Stevie Lyela? Jeremiah Saunders? Well, it turned out to be Jeremiah Saunders out of Kansas State...who I traded up for to take so Kansas City didn't get him at #10. I took him with the 9th pick. Trey Wingo said this was a risky pick. He didn't know whether his game would translate well to the NFL. He said college success doesn't mean you will have a good NFL career. Twitter said not a mock draft in the world had the Browns taking Saunders. Later on in the draft, the Browns took FS Marcus Williams out of Arizona. He became the starting safety alongside TJ Ward.

Heading into the 3rd year, there was alot of optimism around the Browns. Of course the fans were a bit frustrated with the thought of restarting again with Irving/Saunders (Irving was promoted to full time HC) but they had faith. This year was a year to remember forever. Right out of the gate, the Browns were on fire. They were undefeated until mid-season when they were defeated by divison rival, the Pittsburgh Steelers. That would be their only loss of the entire season. Jeremiah Saunders set nearly every rookie record there is to set. He finished the season with around 4,500 yards, 38 TD's and 20 interceptions. TE Aaron Lilly finished with 1000 + receiving yards with a few TD's, HB Trent Richardson finished the season with around 1600 yards rushing and 6 TD'S. WR Josh Gordon finished with exactly 1100 yards receiving with 16 TD's. The surprise player of the year would without a doubt be WR Emmanuel Sanders, who the Browns picked up in the pre-season. He had 1000 + receiving yards and 11 TD's. WR Jamal Carlisle was yet again injured and only managed an average amount of yards and and a couple/few TD's.

The playoffs... the first time the Browns have been here since 2002. The Browns, who finished 15-1, had a first round bye and home-field advantage. Their first game was against the Ravens, who they had crushed just 2 weeks before this game. The same story with this game, the Browns were just to much for the Ravens to handle. The Browns played the Jets in the AFC Championship game. While it wasn't as much of a domination as the previous game, the Browns still won pretty good.

The Super Bowl.... a place the Browns AND a rookie QB have never been. Both of those changed,with Jeremiah Saunders being the first ever rookie to appear in a Super Bowl. The Browns played the Packers in Super Bowl 49 at University Of Phoenix stadium. The Browns got off to a slow start, as did Jeremiah Saunders, throwing 2 early interceptions. However, they got hot quick and stormed back to win by double digits, with Jeremiah Saunders winning Superbowl MVP to go along with his OROY award. This was also WR Santana Moss's last game ( I picked him up during the season due to injuries in my receiving core).

WR Emmanuel Sanders was rewarded a new contract worth $18 million, as did Trent Richardson. The Browns also resigned WR Josh Gordon to a long term 6 year deal worth around $30 million .

In free agency, the Browns signed former New York Giant CB Prince Amukamara to replace Dimitri Patterson (Who I didn't re-sign because he was getting up there in age) as the 3rd CB along with 1st CB Joe Haden and 2nd CB Stephan Bonilla.

In the draft, the Browns didn't really have any blaring needs. They could, however use a LG to replace Jason Pinkston who they chose not to re-sign and lost in free-agency. They selected LG Ben Geiger out of Kent State with the 32nd pick. With the rest of the picks in that draft, it was really focused on adding depth and getting pieces to backup aging players.

The Browns played the Packers in the first game of the regular season, a Super Bowl rematch. Again, the Browns got off to a slow start. And again, the would prevail, but not as easily as the Super Bowl. They won in OT. The 2nd game of the season was against the Detroit Lions. This was another very close game, but the Browns game up short when Jeremiah Saunders thew an interception on the final drive to try to win the game.

So that's where i'm at right now. What do you guys think? Would you like me to keep you guys updated? Did you enjoy this write up? How is you guys Connected Careers going? Thanks for reading guys, I'd appreciate any feedback, this took me a while to write. Thanks!

Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

As a Browns fan I don't know how you could stand to look at Shurmer's mug for two seasons lol

I have tried to make a few offline CCM's with my Brownies but I can't get into playing the CPU to save my life. If you can and have fun with it more power to you bud, but I need a multi-player CCM to keep it interesting for me.

3. BrownsTillDeath

BrownsTillDeath Walk On

I know what you mean. I was going to be in some online leagues but nothing went right for me. But I do find if you play on All-Madden with a good set of sliders its pretty fun.

4. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I always have issue that the CPU throws for either 400 yards or 110 , most of the time its about 110.