How is your season going so far?

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by HotRod, Sep 1, 2010.

1. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    How is your season going so far?

What are your thoughts on your team 4 games into the season? What facets of the game are you doing well in, what needs improvement? How do see the rest of the season going?

2. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

Seattle Seahawks:

Four games in we are bout where I expected us to be. 1-3. I really thought I might be 2-2. beat 49ers and Rams, lose to Chargers and Denver.
    Turns out the '9ers and Deja took the first game. We beat Denver, simmed loss to Chargers. surprise loss to Rams = 1-3.

I'm reading Defenses well. and I'm diagnosing Running plays well on D. My playcalling needs to improve. and my Run-game stinks.

Rest of the season..... Historically I win maybe 2 games the first half then 6 or 7 the second half. So, finish the year 7-9.

Whitehurst will have more TDs than INTs, and Tatupu will lead the league in tackles.

3. Matt54987

Matt54987 Walk On

At 2-2, the Titans are not where their coach and his previous experiences thought they would be; however, we feel that once we get healthy things will pick back up.

We feel we won out with the Jets trade. In just one game Revis proved his worth with 3 interceptions, and we firmly believe Greene will come around behind our great offensive line. Once we get Finnegan back in two weeks, we expect to shut opposing receivers down.

Our weakness lies in the linebacking core and vince young just is not producing. The QB from Texas is having some huge accuracy problem for us right now, but we lack a solid backup. We will be looking to trade Young before the week 6 deadline in the hopes of picking up a QB in the draft or free agency.

4. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

The Colts are off to a sloppy start and had one of their most embarrassing games ever in franchise history this week. With the way the offense is going they're hoping to remain above .500

And on defense an already weak and thin linebacker core suffered the loss of P.Wheeler for the next few months.

Hopefully P.Manning can learn to pass the ball again so the relatively successful run game can be allowed to handle the ball more often.

5. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

At 1-2 (week-4 bye), I'd say the Buccaneers are right about where they expected. What compounds an already dismal offense is the loss to Kellen Winslow (10-weeks : broken collarbone) at TE and Cadillac Williams (3-weeks : dislocated elbow) at RB.

However, after the early week-4 bye, the Buccaneers feel a bit more confident after some good practice session. Looking forward to week-5 at the Bengals and Mr. Ocho Cinco!

All in all, this is a great group of guys. I'm really happy to have found a new home in TF.

6. trutest

trutest Walk On

Giants

NY is right where they want to be at 4-0 but the offense has a lot of room for improvement. No one has really stood out on the team except for the Defense, 30 points given up in four games.

The Giants are looking to move a few players on the D line to give rookies Linval Joseph and Jason Pierre-Paul playing time and a chance to progress.

Hopefully the Offense can put up some numbers in the air because if they don't, teams will start stacking the box and shutting down our running game.

7. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

The Bengals are a disappointing 1-3. Cedric Benson is a running machine, however the passing attack is somewhat struggling, I do expect improvement. The defense is pretty good, we slashed by the Browns, but I believe we will improve on that end. The kicking game has been a massive struggle leading to the release of D. Raymer. I can't decide if it is the internet lag, or the all madden level. All I know where I am pressing the button, is not where it is finishing on the meter.

8. Austin811

Austin811 Go Dbacks!

Eh, expected 2-1 hopefully CJ2k will run wild and we beat the bills

9. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Well for the Chicago Bears, it has been a bright start. The 1st quarter of the season has been a huge success. The Bears have started out 3-1. Had a chance to be 4-0 if it werent for a torrid 4th quarter away to the Giants.

But all in all things have been pretty good. Jay Cutler has been on fire to start the season. Already throwing for 12 TD's. Matt Forte has struggled though.

Also struggling is the defence. They have quite frankly sucked donkey nuts. The Bears have been banging on any teams door that will listen. But not many teams are calling back as it seems nobody wants to do any business with the Monsters of the Midway.

Carolina up next as the Bears hope to get back to winning ways when they host the Panthers.

10. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

The Patriots are off to an abysmal start at 0-3. Wes Welker and my 2 starting MLBs Guyton and Mayo being knocked out since week 1 hasn't helped. Now Moss is out. Hopefully this patched up New England squad can get it turned around.

11. Inf1ame

Inf1ame Walk On

Jacksonville Jaguars:

We are off to a surprisingly great start at 4-0. The thing that stands out for me so far this season is the defense. With a ton of playmaking linebackers and cornerbacks (along with some nice user stick :p) the Jags have been able to have two eight interception games. My run defense is pretty rock solid as well, and as a whole have only allowed an average of 8.5 points per game.

On the offensive side of the ball, MJD is a great weapon. Coupled with an opportunistic defense that sometimes scores more than the offense, having a great RB to pound the ball away and finish off games is awesome. Garrard, although his accuracy is iffy, has the legs to make some great plays.

A mixture of lag/timing has been really throwing off my passing game/kicking abilities. Garrard has thrown some absolute ducks that really irk me. One strange thing about my season so far is that every single game I've played has been in pouring rain (granted 3 were in Jacksonville but that kind of rain in San Diego?).

The Bills are up next!

12. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

I'm not the only one you picked off 8 times? Damn.

13. Inf1ame

Inf1ame Walk On

I'm pretty sure I had 8 picks in Week 1 against the Broncos. But like I said, the wind and rain are definitely a factor.

14. dejavu1

dejavu1 Walk On

The niners are excited about their start, going 4-0 when their plan was to get through the first 6 weeks at least 3-3. With one game ahead of schedule, primary goal is to take the division, and if we can, fight for top 2 seed in NFC.

Smith is a classic qb "manager" who won't win you a game but has a good receiving core to depend on and of course Gore is a beast who controls the game clock. Defense is solid and forces teams to think about offensive drives.

All in all...jerry rice is proud.

15. sowerss

sowerss Sowers

After losing two heart breakers the Saints are proving they will not lay down. Still a long ways back to the top after losing to two strong opponents to start out the season.