How Long Do You Think The Lockout Will Last?

Discussion in 'NBA 2K' started by JerzeyReign, Sep 26, 2011.

?

How Long Will It Last?

1. It will be figured out before the regular season starts.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. We lose half of the season.

50.0%
  3. We lose the whole season.

50.0%
  4. We lose the NBA and everybody goes to Europe/Asia.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

So, just like the title implies, how long do you think this thing will last? I personally believe this will cost us much of the winter. With the NFL, at least both the players and owners had the fans in mind. The NBA is a different story and they can care less if we are pissed or not. Both the players and owners are greedy, with the players being the fatter spouse in the relationship. They get about 57% percent of the income at the moment. Not sure why they just don't split it down the middle and call it a day.I think we're staring at another 50 game (or less) season. I'd honestly prefer replacement players until they get their act together.

Thoughts?

2. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    I think it will be over sometime in November and the season will start soon after Thanksgiving. That is wishful thinking though....

3. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

I think they will just wait until next year cause they will get it in place far too late into the season.

4. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I bet we get a partial season starting in January.

5. sportyfan2000

sportyfan2000 Walk On

i think it be whole season , its that bad between nba and nbapa , its alot worst than nfl i think .

6. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Good thing I'm in Europe right now. I'll probably have a good shot at seeing a bunch of NBA players this season :)

7. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

I went with a whole season

8. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Rumors say they will meet again on Thursday. At this point, it looks really bleak. Players want a lot and don't seem to be backing down. Not sure if a mediator is on the scene but I think one should be added. Two lockouts under one tenure is not a good look for Mr. Stern.

9. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Yeah it's hardto even say until players stop getting paid. I have a feeling that once checks start getting missed, guys will start getting desperate and will be more motivated to get a deal done. But then again.....

10. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I'm hearing/reading that a number of sources close to these negotiations think that if one regular game season is missed that the entire season will follow. Evidently both the owners and players are willing to sit out the season to show the other side how committed they are.:confused:

11. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

LeBron, Kobe, Wade, Melo.... the faces of the NBA need to come out and say, "We want to play ball!". I don't like Derek Fisher as the lead man in this. Basketball is popular as hell but players are already getting enough 'side' money from endorsements so splitting the owner's take shouldn't be an issue. I think rookies should have a cap and I think teams should have hard caps. Salary caps make every market competitive not just some.

• Like Like x 1
  12. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    basketball will lose a lot of fans if they miss a whole season.

they may be popular, but they aren't nearly as popular as they think if they are if they think they can throw away a season. baseball lost a SHIT LOAD of fans, same with NHL. Basketball will be the same.

13. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

I said july 28th for NFL, and it agreed on the 26th. Lets say this pushes further to deadline, say October 24th

14. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

people are just getting over the last lockout...if they miss a season look for them to drop out of the big 3 sports..

15. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Kobe just agreed to play in Italy. I'm pretty sure he has an ear in the negotiations, so that does not look good. Great for me though because he's only a mini vaca away :)

16. Harith

Harith Walk On

At least until February. The owners are going to lose more money if there is a season, than if there isn't a season at all so what's the point.
    Yes teams like LA, and New York are making revenue every year, but a lot of teams aren't and the owners are gonna stick together until they get a deal where the revenue split is more even.

It sucks bit the players are going to have to cave in whether a week from now, or a month, or even next year. It doens't make economical sense for the owners to continue to play under present rules when they're losing money. But the players dont want to budge and I see their point.

It's kind of like agreeing to get a pay decrease, but hey at least you have a job.

17. QBKILLAR

QBKILLAR If you only win one, please let it be Ole Miss.

I'm nervous for them because the NBA isn't as strong/popular as the NFL. I hope they fix it soon but in the meantime I'll just have to watch the d league here in Boise. Little bummed because I was gonna take my boys down to catch a jazz game this season. I'm voting half a season.