how many are aware of the DB Glitch?

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by raulraquel1294, Sep 8, 2012.

1. raulraquel1294

raulraquel1294 Walk On

I am tired of everyone posting about high socks, low socks, uniforms and all that useless junk that doesn't make a difference if the game is unplayable. I want you to watch every single highlight of NCAA 13 (full games) and tell me you don't see the glitch arrive - usually it will occur when a long TD is scored through the air.

Here is a video I have on my sliders page, if you have ever seen the animation I'm speaking about - then you have witnessed the DB glitch. I tried to searching youtube for "Safety glitch" or "DB Glitch" and apparently noone seems to be bothered by it? Not even the infamous 'gamechangers' - are we that much of an arcade generation that we just want to win by all means necessary? I can think of 100 or so people from the sliders section that will disagree - maybe some don't just know about it.

It needs to be said - How many are aware of the DB Glitch and feel it should be the very first priority on the next (if ever) patch EA releases? Or straight up think uniforms are more important?

2. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I would say almost all of us here have seen the DB AI do some bad things , this is not anything new man. Every game has its flaws, this game has issues with safety play at times. I understand your frustration , but in that play it looks like a LB on a slot which should usually result in bad news anyway FWIW.

• Like Like x 1
  3. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

If you want some action on this, by all means insult the people (gamechanges/EA) that can fix it. That's a sure fire way to get it addressed.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

what jello1717 is right , guys have opinions and are welcome to them around here but you are a bit too abrasive raulraquel1294 . I know you are new around here , hopefully you stick around and take advantage of our great community. This place is way more than a soap box for frustrated gamers.

5. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

The DB glitch has been posted on numerous times on Operation Sports, it has made its way into the bugs and glitches thread on there quite a few times as well. People like Matt10 over there has numerous video of the glitch, that he has posted in his sliders thread and has expressed concern about as well.

6. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

While I agree that NCAA has many flaws, this video is a poor example. The defender never looked back for the ball, so you shouldn't be able to make a play on it. It's also a LB in coverage, which could explain why he doesn't look for the ball either. If you're referring to the safety, that's more of a problem with the angles they take than coverage. Defensive players do the same thing on long runs in pursuit. Now I've had many examples of coverage plays that have left me speechless, but this wouldn't be one. I also agree with the others. You can make your point without talking ish or trying to call out people. That won't get you very far here.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2012
  7. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

[​IMG]but he picked a 43 with one high fs to combat 4wr personnel, really, the pressure didnt get there, which is the real culprit to the db's getting exposed all of the time, lets check this out for a second,

this actually happends irl due to miscommunication and lack of pressure, in cfb, guys cant cover for too long, shit breaks down wayyyyy too often in cfb bro, so if i were you, id complain about the lack of pressure

oh, and learn ur personnel man, 43 vs 4wr set?

Last edited: Sep 9, 2012
    • Like Like x 4
  8. raulraquel1294

raulraquel1294 Walk On

Seriously, this isn't about busted coverages, guys. There is a big difference of the animation of someone who messes up coverage versus someone who starts sprinting towards the sideline to cover noone.

I think the DB Glitch is alive - and some of you who think it's just me experiencing it are in denial. Just watch any "busted" coverage and see if the result of the play wasn't due to a safety/db running towards nothing or noone.

9. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Here's another video of it. It happened to me when I was on defense in a user v. user bowl game. He had 2nd and long so I called a dime 2-3-6 cover 4. The SS (who should've had the middle right deep zone) in the upper right of the video starts spazzing out which lets the streaking HB run right by him. I can't blame the MLB (the dude just back pedaling) since he was in a hook zone. The back definitely should've been covered by the SS since the CB on the right could've covered the deep right most guys.

• Like Like x 1
  10. raulraquel1294

raulraquel1294 Walk On

Can a game changer just please notify NCAA, and get this fixed.

11. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

You've broken rule #1

• Like Like x 1
  12. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

I don't see how your example and the example in the video are related. What would your excuse be if I showed you an example of this in dime or quarters?

13. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

you_are_doing_it_wrong.jpg

14. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

When these gaffs in coverage are happening, I'd be curious to know what the awareness and play recognition ratings are of the players in question. In real life guys just flat blow assignments, play short when they should have deep responsibilities or even just freelance and try and 'guess' where the QB is going with the ball (ala Troy Polamalu). If you are playing safeties that are athletic but dumb as rocks you can't be pissed when they do something completely moronic occassionally.

• Like Like x 4
  15. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

if u dont mind kind sir?

16. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

I'll either hop into practice mode later or just save the replay the next time it pops up.

17. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

This looks verbatim to the post on OS

18. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    Did you see the Maryland vs. temple game this week. Blown coverages galore

• Like Like x 1
  19. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

it is, its the same guy too

20. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

ah, gotcha...i thought it looked familiar.

21. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

First, the original video had a few things wrong with it before the DB glitch should be discussed. I believe they have been mentioned already though.

Second, I have seen the glitch a few times, not enough to be significant, maybe 10 times in 19 games in offline dynasty. I did note the prc and AWR of each db it happened to, the prc has always been below 70, awr usually was below 70. I haven't seen it offline in last 5 games but last time i saw it offline I was playing utsa. I saw it 2x that game. It was the ss both times and he was below 70 on both prc and AWR.