How many of you exercise daily?

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Masler, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

I am doing a semester paper for Physiology and it deals with the heart and breathing rates before and after exercises. I need both cardio and weight lifting (must tell me which one of the two it is)

What you would have to do is:

1) Take both heart and breathing rates before exercising (AKA resting rate)
    2) Do whatever you do
    3) Take both rates as soon as possible after exercising
    4) Record how long your session lasted
    5) Record this for at least a week (5 days) and send the data to me via PM or email.

If anyone could help that would be HUGE as this paper is a big chunk of my grade and this class is huge part in me getting into Paramedic school.

Anyone interested post in here or PM me please.

2. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

I don't know how to do any of those things. But with the wedding coming up at the end of July I am working out every day so I may be able to help.

3. Masler

Masler Moderator

It's pretty easy actually. If you know how to take a pulse then you are good

Just locate the your pulse on your wrist, find a clock with a second hand and count the amount of beats in your pulse for 15 seconds. Take that number and multiply by 4 to get your heart rate (i.e. 20 x 4 = 80 beats per minute). And in case you are wondering, 60-100 beats per minute is the normal range.

Do the same for your breaths and try to breath as you usually, I need as accurate results as possible. 12-20 is the normal range.

4. GoGators

Ok. Can you mix it up? i.e. one day is cardio one day is weights? I ask cause I'm doing P90x and it's more like calisthenics (body weight exercises) than actual weight training and then there's also cardio days.

5. Masler

Masler Moderator

Yea no problem. Just mark down which one you do and I can just label the p90x as weight lifting.

6. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Is masturbating exercise?

No reason, I'm just asking. *whistles*

7. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Haha I asked Masler the exact same thing last night when he asked me to do this. How far into p90x are you? Shits so hard to stay motivated with.

8. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Only if it's routine haha

9. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Uhhhh....

10. GoGators

I started it in December and made it about 5 weeks but then busy season hit so I had to abandon it. I just restarted it and am finishing up my 2nd week today. The wedding provides some pretty solid motivation. And once you start an office job, you kinda start to lose a lot of the athleticism you once had unfortunately haha.

You do the yoga one? That one is ridiculously difficult haha. I never knew I could sweat so much w/o moving.

11. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I know what you mean, ever since I started working full-time in the lab I've noticed a pretty significant decrease in my athleticism and thats what motivates me to do p90x.

I've gotten a month into the program a couple times before and either lost motivation or became too busy. I'm at the same point you are now actually, just started up again last week. I did the yoga one Monday, for a tennis player that and plyometrics are the best possible workouts but man are they difficult. I'm not flexible at all so both of those workouts kill me.

I got into the 2nd phase of those workouts once, my favorite workout is the core synergistic one. It's like ab-ripper but twice as long.

12. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I got about 4 weeks in and fizzled out too. I should really start it again.

13. GoGators

Superman.....Banana.....Superman.....Banana. Tony Horton is a bitch! lol. I love how he stands around shouting commands while doing nothing. Jerk! haha.

As for the plyometrics one, I've done that one once. I'm 28 man I'm too old to be jumping around like that haha. I've substituted running for that day now. I think you have to take the program and find out what works in it for you. You get the pull up bar too? I hate them damn things.

I think my favorite is the X-stretch. I know it's not really a workout, but man I feel so good and loose after doing that one.

@MaslerBoros16

Question, the final heart/breath rates, when do you want me to take those? I can either take them after the core part of the workout, or there's typically a 5 minute cool down period and I can take them after that. Obviously it'll be lower if I take them after the cool down though.

14. Masler

Masler Moderator

Take them before the cool down. I ran 2 miles last night and my heartrate went from 144 to about 108, so there is a significant difference after the cool down.

15. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

I'm in the gym at 5:30am four days out of the week. I will try and gather this data for you, Masler.

• Like Like x 1
  16. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

@MaslerBoros16

Day 1: An hour of tennis and the Shoulders/Arms/Abs workout from p90x (i would count this in your cardio section as I took the measurements immediately after an intense ab workout, not lifting).

Resting HR: 64 BPM
    Resting Breaths per min: 20

Post Exercise HR: 104
    Post Exercise Breaths per min: 36

17. Masler

Masler Moderator

Still need a bit more data guys, no rush at the moment though

18. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Day 2:

2 hours of Tennis

Beats per min: 124