How many OOC user games do you guys want?

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by Dru50, Jun 13, 2011.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

My initial thought is having everyone play one OOC user game each year (pending the number of conference user games for each person), but I'd be open to bumping that up to 2 cross conference matchups a year. 2 OOC user games would mean someone could have 6-7 user games in a season (if you played everyone in your conference), so I'm not sure how everyone would feel about that.

What do you guys think?

2. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

I definitely believe we should play at least one out of conference user, and create some conference challenge. I get the sense from looking at the PAC-12 schedule rotation the several PAC-12 schools are going to have 5 user games a season. I believe CAL is guaranteed to play Stanford, WSU, USC, UCLA, and ASU the first two seasons, and with guaranteed 1 out of conference would make 6 user games. Seasons where a user has four user games, like USC the first two seasons, should play an extra user OOC game to make it more even.

I am not sure how the Big 10 conference breaks down in terms of user games, but every one should play the same amount.

3. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

I would like everyone to play the same number of user games. 6 seems like a good number. So I am for extra OOC user games for teams that do not play all of their conference users. Although if everyone plays eachother in one conference and not in the other, making everyone have 6 will not be possible.

4. Dru50

The problem with the 2011 schedules is going to be the Big 10 guys. Several of the schools, according to the schedules per the conference website, will only have 3 user games in conference (Michigan, Wisconsin and Notre Dame {replacing Northwestern in the conference}). Each Pac 12 school plays a minimum of 4 conference user games due to the protected CA games between USC/UCLA and Stan/Cal.

I've started monkeying around with the matchups, but even with giving myself a 7th user game, 3 of the Big 10 schools will only have 5 user games with everyone else having 6.

Are there any Pac 12 guys willing to volunteer for an extra user game in season 1? Otherwise it looks like we will have each person play 1 OOC user game and some guys may luck out with only 4 user games in the regular season.

5. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

Ill play as many as you can give.

6. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Like bucsfan, i'm down for as many as i can get.

7. gowazzucougs

I am willing to add an additional user game as well

8. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Coach Jayrah and Cal are willing to bump up as well.

9. Dru50

Problem is that ND and OSU are two of the teams that will only have 3 conference user games in 2011 - I'm going to have a tough time getting you guys 6 games.

But I'll keep that in mind going forward.

10. Dru50

Thanks guys.

11. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Like with pretty much everything else, whatever you do is fine with me, dru.

12. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I want washington st. or someone else.......

13. Dru50

OK - last night I took a look at each teams 2011 schedule per ESPN, and here is a preliminary breakdown of what the user games could look like:

USC - Stan, Cal, UCLA, ASU, ND, Mich, OSU
    UCLA - Stan, Cal, WSU, ASU, USC, Wisc, Mich
    ASU - USC, UCLA, WSU, Cal, ND, Wisc
    WSU - UCLA, ASU, Cal, Stan, Neb, PSU, Wisc
    Stan - USC, UCLA, WSU, Cal, PSU, Mich
    Cal - USC, UCLA, ASU, WSU, Stan, ND, OSU
    Neb - Wisc, OSU, PSU, Mich, ND, WSU
    ND (tentatively replacing Northwestern) - PSU, Mich, Neb, USC, ASU, Cal
    Mich - OSU, ND, Neb, USC, Stan, UCLA
    OSU - Neb, Mich, Wisc, PSU, USC, Cal
    PSU - ND, Neb, OSU, Wisc, Stan, WSU
    Wisc - Neb, OSU, PSU, UCLA, ASU, WSU

What made this difficult is that the Cali schools all played each other, which meant no Pac 12 team had less than 4 conference user games, while in the Big 10 ND, Michigan and Wisconsin only play 3 conference games and only 1 Big 10 team (Nebraska) played all 5 conference user opponents.

This setup (assuming the in-game schedules are the same as the real 2011 schedules) has everyone playing at least 6 user games, with 4 of the Pac 12 teams (USC, UCLA, WSU and Cal) playing 7 user games.

Would this work for everyone or would you guys prefer one less user game? Under this setup, if someone goes undefeated, they will have earned it.

14. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

My user opponents

Dru, Recchem, Wazzu, Magic man, Whygod, and Danthraxxx

This ought to be fun

15. gowazzucougs

It sounds fine, it looks like the Cal and the UCLA game will become do or die for the Cougs if we want to go to a bowl game.

16. Dru50

Me, you, recchem and jayrah are going to have quite the rivalries develop with us all playing each other every season. I'm thinking we need to track who wins the 'Cali Challenge' every year.

17. cfoley33102

cfoley33102 Walk On

Sounds fun to me I don't mind all user games if needs be. Dru how are you are we going to decided whos home or away cross conference or can you play at neutral sites this year?

18. Dru50

I'll figure that out once I have the game and see how the scheduling works. Historically I've just focused on ensuring that everyone has 6 home and 6 away games each year, and worry about the user matchup home vs away after that.

19. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Im thinking one right now...with 5 user conference games and shitty team, 6 loses is about all I can take ;) But I'll play 2 if needed, especially when I only have the 4 user conference games.

20. gowazzucougs

As I said the UCLA and Cal games are going to be battles to the death. And please don't give me the sorrow state of affairs for your Bruins your team is still rated B across the board, my team is C+ across the board with a D in special teams.

21. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I would never do such a thing...we are the greatest thing since sliced bread my friend. Plus with my luck, we'll be playing for the NC ;)

22. Dru50

After thinking about it a bit I'm really leaning to having everyone have minimum 1 OOC user game rather than 2. Forcing you, Forest and others to play 7 user games out of 12 when you are already playing with lower rated teams than 9 other guys is a bit unfair, and could really kill your chances of building your team.

Thankfully I've got a month to stew on this topic.....

23. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Ucla will be a close game... we will crush you. We are fearless of the Cougs, but our staff will have the team ready to play. We won't take that week off. That's the game that will put us in position for the North!

24. gowazzucougs

@recchem2000

Here is my take on the UCLA and WSU quandary. Based on my experience from T3, what needs to happen is we must get to 4 stars as fast as possible. For the first season I can win 10, 6, or 4 games and my prestige level is only going up 1 star. I never seen any school's prestige rise more than 1 star after a season. If I was to have at least one crappy non conference opponent like UNLV, I realistically believe I could pull out enough wins to rise my prestige. If I got two crappy non conference opponents I think I would make a bowl.

UCLA on the other hand probably needs to win 5-7 to get to 3 stars. Now their team is rated higher than my Cougs in terms of talent. He may have have to play all five user conference opponents, but I don't think in terms of talent he is out matched. Without looking he probably has the talent to beat Cal, WSU, and enough talent to beat ASU. Can he beat USC and Stanford based on his current talent I doubt it. I do think he is capable of getting past Stanford though. He also gets some luck avoiding Oregon, in addition the Bruins get Colorado. I definitely believe rechhem can get 5-7 wins, he may even get 9.

25. gowazzucougs

I will remember that