How many players do you think will leave from your team this offseason?

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by JrRawlins, Sep 29, 2010.

1. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

How many players do you think will leave from your team this offseason?

I think my QB Cosh might decide to go pro, along with my HB Robinson, ill probably have a linebacker (David Gray) leave via transfer i could have a couple of sophomore WRs (Hayes and Adams) leave as well.... could be a couple others who i promised playing time to and totally reneged on that promise.... If my young WR Larsen tries to leave i am gonna go all out to keep him...6'4 185 with 93 speed... we can teach him the rest.....

2. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I may lose Storm Johnson...do So (RS) leave early much?

3. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

I may lose Patrick Patterson and Rodney Scott, both had really solid junior seasons.

If they can come back for their senior seasons, I could have a pretty solid offense if my O-line isn't terrible.

Defensively, MLB Shackleford might go early, but Im more worried about RS (Soph) Cameron Whigham and Carlos Thompson, both of whom played great at DE, could form a dominant pass rush combination next year if they come back.

4. JrRawlins

It kinda depends on the player... some leave early but most stay.. if he had a big year he could be gone though.....

5. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Is 1,600 yards before the bowl game a big year?:)

6. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Add just about every offensive player award as well...

I really don't think anyone from my team is in danger of leaving. No one really has unbelievable statistical years in my offense, just by design.

However, I will welcome any transfers with open arms. Come to Wake guys!

7. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    He won awards? I am oblivious.

8. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Heisman QB Gabbert SO(rs)
    6'2" 198 lbs
    82 overall

It would be ridiculous if he went. In real life he wouldn't of won the heisman. We didn't win our conference or our bowl game. Considering most QBs stay until their Sr years, heisman or not (Leinart, Tebow, McCoy, Bradford (rsJR)) it would be foolish for Gabbert to go. He's only an 82 and has lots of room to improve. He goes, he'll be a 4th rounder at best and he'll likely have to change his name to Jevan Snead. (I'm looking at you OM). If he does go, preseason All American James Franklin should be a more than adequate replacement.

WR Washington JR(rs)
    6'4" 183
    87 overall

I don't recall him winning a major award so I should be able to sway him. Although, he would likely be a first or second rounder.

I think there's an interesting issue here with our rules. In season 1, I had to let Blaine Gabbert go to the NFL although he didn't meet any of the rules to prevent me from swaying him. However, since he won a national championship, it was deemed he needed to go. I agreed however as he was 6'5" 230+ with a rocket arm and truly was an NFL prototype. I figured him a lock as a first rounder.

2 years later, his brother Tyler Gabbert is almost the opposite. He's a system QB, an 82 overall, and is undersized for the NFL. He's very immature (48 awareness) and needs a lot more development. He won the heisman due to the system and the weird logic from EA. In real life, somebody from Michigan or Alabama would of won it for being undefeated.

It really doesn't make any sense to me that I wouldn't be able to sway him simply because he won the heisman. I really don't think the rule is correct in this situation. As I stated above, there's no way this guy gets drafted before the 4th round so leaving early really makes no sense. Hopefully he'll stay on his own and this will all be a moot point, but I had to speak my mind. I think it's very unfair to me that I had to let a QB go in year 1 who didn't meet the rule, but now I have a guy who meets the rule that really shouldn't, but I'll have to let him go too. Seems like a catch-22 to me.

I would think a league like this with our maturity would allow us to implement a more logical leaving early rule where guys need to figure to be a 1st or 2nd round lock to not be swayed from leaving early.

9. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    No one is saying you can't sway T. Gabbert. I think we all agree that he shouldn't have won. ;)

B. Gabbert was a completely difference story...

10. GoGators

I agree fully. I thought the rule was that if a player tries to leave early and has won a major award, you can't sway him?

11. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    He has to be draft eligible and 90+ overal

12. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

lol... nobody is leaving because nobody is sniffing the NFL...

13. GoGators

LOL, reading is always challenging for me.

This is AMAZING NEWS!!!!

:dance nana:

14. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

He should have to let him go since he didn't know the rules.

15. JrRawlins

Well I was right about Gray leaving... also lost my damn center who was projected to start (Shelton) to Texas A&M i believe.. alittle bitter about that departure as he was in line for a decent progression i think.... oh well...i didnt lose Cosh or Larsen, so i am happy overall...

16. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

I didn't lose anyone, so my team is ready for next season. Excited about my DL and skill position players. I really think my offense should explode next season, if my OL isn't terrible.

17. JrRawlins

O-line progression will be huge for my team at two positions... RG and RT... i am solid on the left side... but my Right side and center are young...