>>>How To Broadcast From Your PS4 to TWITCH and Uploading TWITCH Highlights to YOUTUBE

Discussion in 'Quality Simulation Football' started by CHUNKNESS, Aug 11, 2014.

1. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Some of you were wondering what it takes to broadcast games from your PS4 and upload highlights from Twitch to YouTube. Click on the spoilers below for instructions and "how to" videos. Any questions, let us know.

What you will need to Broadcast from your PS4 to Twitch...
    1. An active email account to link your Twitch account to.
      • Use an existing email account or create a new one for the purpose of registering for Twitch.
    2. A Twitch account to broadcast to from your PS4.
      • Create an Account with Twitch

To sign up for an account, go to http://twitch.tv and select the "Sign Up" button on the top-right portion of the page.

[​IMG]

This will open the Log In / Sign Up screen. To sign up for a new account on Twitch, fill out the form on the right-hand side, choosing a username, password, email and by telling us your date of birth.

[​IMG]

Alternatively, you may also sign up for a Twitch account by using your Facebook account, achieved by selecting the "Connect with Facebook" button.
      • Once you have created your Twitch account, make sure to update your settings to automatically archive your broadcasts. While your Twitch account is open on your computer, go into your account settings and tick the "Automatically archive my broadcasts" box as illustrated below. This will ensure that your livestreams are saved upon the broadcast ending, so that you may access the broadcast for highlights and/or the league can watch it back later on demand from your channel homepage. WARNING: ONCE THE SETTINGS HAVE BEEN UPDATED TO AUTOMATICALLY ARCHIVE BROADCASTS; YOUR BROADCASTS WILL ONLY BE SAVED FOR 14 DAYS WITH A REGULAR BROADCASTER (FREE) TWITCH SUBSCRIPTION. [​IMG]

Once you have created your Twitch account, you will be able to broadcast your games to Twitch.

What you will need to upload highlights from Twitch to YouTube...
    1. An active email account to link your YouTube account to.
      • Use an existing email account or create a new one for the purpose of registering for YouTube.
    2. A YouTube account to upload Twitch highlights to.

Once you have created your YouTube account, you will be able to create highlights on Twitch and upload to YouTube.

• Like Like x 7
  2. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

You can also just upload a video or highlights directly from your PS4 to youtube, cutting out Twitch from the process....I believe... CTfromDC may be able to confirm.

3. redlishus

redlishus PMFL Staff - El Guesser

Any free video editing software out there? I know there is share factory but i wouldn't mind the option to do it on pc.

Now as I'm typing this, I think you can do editing on YouTube. Am i right?

4. guitarDADDY1208

guitarDADDY1208 Walk On

Clips can't be uploaded directly to YouTube they can be saved to your PS4 then transferred to a USB stick or uploaded directly to Facebook.

5. CHUNKNESS

For league purposes, this option will not work as the clip size is limited. Also, like Michael C indicated, clips created on the PS4 may only be uploaded to YouTube via USB. Broadcasting via Twitch will be the only way to record/edit an entire game.

I, personally, use Windows Live Movie Maker on my PC (free). There is the YouTube Editor program as well. There are some other programs out there that are reasonably priced if you want some extra bells and whistles. Jim has used a couple of programs; the names of which fail me ATM.

LtJustice

• Like Like x 2
  6. guitarDADDY1208

guitarDADDY1208 Walk On

I use Windows movie maker to piece my videos together all I need to be able to do is view the video online I have software to rip the video from pretty much anywhere. Or if you wanted to make a clip and save to USB then send me the file thru email that would work as well.

• Like Like x 1
  7. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

The software I have used (links included):

I originally used a free program called YouTube Movie Maker which was a pretty decent free option. I then found a program called VideoPad that also has a good free version. I ended up buying the pro version of VideoPad, and used it for a while. Early this year I purchased Sony Movie Studio Platinum 12.0 which is fantastic! Movie Studio may be a little overkill for just editing game videos, but it is a great piece of software and I use it for more than just game videos myself.

• Like Like x 1
  8. CHUNKNESS

Keeping it real for the guys who aren't "technology savoy" and are really confused by the broadcast feature, it truly is VERY simple. All that you need to be concerned with is the broadcasting from PS4 to Twitch portion. It is truly very easy to do.

• Like Like x 3
  9. wayers50

wayers50 Walk On

I know when you upload things straight to facebook, there isn't any sound. So its probably best just to upload to a usb.

10. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Looks like they've changed that! We'll have to use Twitch to start out though. But hopefully the 2.0 drops mid-release or so.

Addendum: Here are a few things you might've missed being announced which are coming to the 2.0 software version for the PS4.
    • Sharing of videos to YouTube directly from the console.
    • Share Play, the ability to co-op play games you don't even own with friends, completely remotely.
    • "The best way to think about Share Play is like a “virtual couch”. PlayStation 4 will create an online local co-op experience by allowing you to invite a friend to join your game—even when they don’t own a copy of it. With this first-of-its-kind feature, you’ll be able to play games with a friend just as if you were together in the same room. Let’s say that with games… you’ll be able to invite your friend online to play against the Miami Heat for the championship as the San Antonio Spurs in NBA2K, tackle the challenging Towerfall Ascension Quest Mode together, or aide, heal, and protect you as Igniculus in Child of Light’s local co-op mode."
    • Enhanced What's New feed.
    • Version 2.0 is coming this Fall, will be available to download for existing PS4 owners.

• Like Like x 6
  11. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

So, how does the ps4 transmit to Twitch?

12. redlishus

redlishus PMFL Staff - El Guesser

Magic...

• Like Like x 1
  13. CHUNKNESS

In a nutshell, the PS4 uses a client software which captures what's on the screen and sends it to the streaming server. The embedded player on the website connects to the streaming server to stream what the end user on the PS4 capturing.

• Like Like x 1
  14. CHUNKNESS

There were some of you in the GroupMe chat who were asking about broadcasting from the PS4 to Twitch; what it takes and how to set it up. I posted this earlier this month in case you need it...
    Adam (Big hitter13)
    Alex (Ninersfan80)
    Avery (AveryB)
    Brett (niner_empire86)
    Carl T. (CTfromDC)
    Chris (CSteud)
    Chris M. (MoonBBad)
    Curtis (thafuture3886)
    Danny (DJDunn6)
    Dave (saintsdave75)
    David W. (wayers50)
    Doug (CHUNKNESS)
    Heath (heathh)
    James M. (cry_havoc)
    Jeremy P. (Jeremy)
    Jeremy S. (JSimms)
    Jim (LtJustice)
    Jon (Warhawk AKA dreadman)
    Kevin (Kevin Gomez)
    Lawon (MrWitness36)
    Loren (ThaBayouChef)
    Matt (dakota7)
    Michael C. (guitarDADDY1208)
    Michael O. (Michael Overman)
    Mike A. (Miki1369)
    Moe (CaptMoe)
    Pope (dablakpope)
    Reis (Mugga)
    Rusty (BRUCE80)
    Ryan V. (RVallee)
    T.J. (klaximilian)
    Troy (redlishus)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

Do you have to edit the full game video in order to get highlight plays or is there a way to just save highlights from the PS4?

16. guitarDADDY1208

guitarDADDY1208 Walk On

There is a way. It's a little more involved. I'll post a tutorial as soon as I get home unless someone else beats me to it.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

Not a big fan of the twitch website.. How do you delete videos?? I ran some tests and would like to delete them so I don't have a bunch of test videos

18. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

Video Manager >>> MORE >>> DELETE

19. CHUNKNESS

Change your settings to "archive" and they will auto-delete after 14 days.

20. guitarDADDY1208

guitarDADDY1208 Walk On

To save a clip you can find the play in your highlights at the end of the game. Before playing the clip double tap the share button to start recording and at the end of the clip hit the share button again to bring up the screen that asks if you want to upload video clip or screen shots, this will save your clip. Afterward you can use share factory to edit your clips which can be uploaded to Facebook or saved to a usb thumb drive.

• Like Like x 3
  21. CHUNKNESS

For anyone who wants to have the game full screen during broadcasts, just change your broadcast settings on the PS4. After logging onto your PS4, press the share button on your controller and press the options button for the share settings menu. Go into the advanced settings menu and uncheck the "show comments" box. The settings should save and you will have full screen gaming pleasure when you broadcast!

Adam (Big hitter13)
    Alex (Ninersfan80)
    Avery (AveryB)
    Brett (niner_empire86)
    Carl T. (CTfromDC)
    Chris (CSteud)
    Chris M. (MoonBBad)
    Curtis (thafuture3886)
    Danny (DJDunn6)
    Dave (saintsdave75)
    David W. (wayers50)
    Doug (CHUNKNESS)