How to Broadcast your games - Justin.TV

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Big D, Jul 27, 2010.

1. Big D

Big D Walk On

How to Broadcast your games - Justin.TV

We have set up an OMFL account on Justin.TV.

User: OMFL
    Pass: cheesefree

If you want to broadcast one of your games, simply post a schedule of when you will be broadcasting in the 'OMFL Live Broadcasting' subforum, and then log in to that account to broadcast on www.justin.tv . We have streamlined it this way so that every broadcast will be easier to track and schedule for those of us who want to!

TO WATCH ANY GAMES LIVE, GO TO http://www.justin.tv/omfl#

2. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Will this eat up bandwidth on the sender's side? I know Nate had some problems trying this because it caused lag.

Just curious if you know. Cause I think it would be AWESOME. Especially if some nerd with a webcam and half knowledge about editing video could do a weekly VIDEO show.

Not naming any names (*cough* Dunlap *cough*), but I think if possible that could add TONS to the league.

3. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

also what are you using to relay the feed?

4. Big D

Big D Walk On

@Frisk...you just need to go to http://www.justin.tv/omfl# when the game is live and you will be able to watch the stream for free.

@Winuvas....I have the equipment and ability to do that...but it's not happening any time soon. Just too much on my plate right now.

5. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

That's cool. If I had the equipment/ability to do it I'd do it, but I barely have a voice for radio, much less a face for television. :)

6. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Instead of broadcasting random games for people to see (not sure who will watch), why don't we just Broadcast a GOTW, or just games that everyone requests to be put on Justin.tv?

Makes more sense. Not sure most of my games this year would have been watched had I even had the ability and intended on broadcasting them.

7. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

My problem is bandwidth. I've done this in the past and it made my game just laggy enough to throw me off and I stopped doing them.

8. Big D

Big D Walk On

Yah I don't think we can require it, but maybe we can figure out who has this ability and do a feature game of the week.

I still want to leave this channel open so anybody who wants to has the ability to broadcast. Its as simple as logging in and pressing 'start' on their page, and poining your cam at the TV. Couldn't be easier!

9. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

You still haven't answered the key question, does it slow your game down at all?

10. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

I'll be willing to test it out with you sometime Nate. I'll be down to broadcast by poopy games as long as it doesn't create lag.

11. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Best thing here is to try it now and see how it works for certain owners. Have different owners host a game, invite someone else, and do a broadcast just as a test to see how the lag monster affects different people.

12. Big D

Big D Walk On

Like I said it makes no difference because those people who have the lag just won't do this!

For me it is not an issue and I'm broadcasting my games fool :) haha

13. sammymitchell25

sammymitchell25 Walk On

I will be broadcasting games as well, Just have to play better so no-one changes the channel

14. shiftee

shiftee Walk On

how do you guys broadcast games? I mean how do you get the video stream from your PS3 to your computer?