How-To Guide on Posting Highlights

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by HackGolfer, Aug 10, 2009.

1. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

Jun 22, 2009
    How-To Guide on Posting Highlights

Someone wanted me to post this in their league.. But I figured it would be a nice refresher for everyone to see or for those who do not know how to do it..

Posting NCAA Video Highlights and In-Game Screenshots into the Forums:

So you just made the game winning touchdown and no one else was sitting around you to see it happen.. Almost like getting a Hole-In-One by yourself.. EA has made things simple in order for you to save your Game Highlights and Screenshots to show off to the world.

Step #1:

You have two options for when you can create a highlight..

Option #1
    The game automatically saves some big highlights from the game. After the game has finished, before you select to "Exit Game", you can click on "Manage Highlights", then on "View & Create Highlights".. From there, you should be able to see a list of all the highlights that the game has auto-saved for you.. (Note: That you may have to Press L1 and R1 or LB and RB to sort through each quarter of play.) After selecting a highlight, you will be prompted to select a camera angle to view the play, which ranges from a Wire Camera, Press Box, Sideline or Endzone.. After watching the play from the selected camera angle, you will be prompted if you wish to Save your highlight (Note: If you close out of the highlight before it ends, you will not have the prompt to save).. You are allowed up to 5 saved highlights in a single game..

Option #2
    After the play you like has finished, and you are at the play selection screen, you can go to the "Highlights" option in your in-game Pause menu and it should be the last posted play there if it was auto-saved.. Follow the same directions as above on selecting the camera angle, saving the highlight, etc.. You also have the option of entering the replay by selecting "Instant Replay" from the Pause Menu right after the play has happened.. From here you can take a screenshot by zooming in on the aspect you want and pressing L3 or RS.. The picture should automatically save as a Game Highlight..

Step #2

After you have exited the game, you can access these created highlights from the Main Menu.. From the Main Menu, select "My NCAA" --> "My Legacy" --> "EA Sports Highlights".. You should see a list of all the games from which highlights have been saved. Select the game that you are wanting, and then find the highlight you are wishing to upload.. Press "X" or "A" to confirm that highlight and your upload should begin automatically.

Step #3

Now you must login to your EA Sports World Gamer account to view your uploaded highlights. If you do not have an account, you will need to register before uploading highlights to ensure delivery to the web server.. Your account needs to be linked to your PSN or XB Live Account in order for the uploads to work..

After logging in, click on "Media Lounge" then "My Media" to see the list of Videos and Images that you have uploaded.

Step #4 - Inserting Images

To insert an image, click on the image from the Media Lounge to enlarge.. Right-click on the image and select "Save Image".. You will need to post that image on a Web Hosting account such as photobucket.. (Like you do your sig)

Paste the Image URL into your Post, placing [noparse] [/noparse] brackets on opposite sides of the address..

*Make sure you do not have spaces between the brackets and url address..

Step #5 - Inserting Videos

To insert a video, click on the video from the Media Lounge to enlarge/play.. You should see an option that reads "Download Video".. An user agreement will pop up and you will need to select "I Accept" to continue.. Save the video as a .flv (Flash) file onto your computer..

You will then need to login to a YouTube account and upload the flash video there. Copy the url code that comes after the "=" sign and paste into your post, placing [noparse][youtube] [/youtube][/noparse] on opposite sides of the code..

Example: This video URL is

So I would post: [noparse][youtube]5XPTX3tvP5g[/youtube][/noparse]

And that should be all you need to do to post video and image highlights from your game.. Let me know if you feel a step doesn't quite make sense and I will clean it up a bit..

Let me know if you have any questions
  2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Feb 10, 2009
    thanks Hack good info.
  3. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

Jul 24, 2009
    Thanks Hack (and xUGAx Bud Light, for helping me find this thread.

Is there any way to control the layout of embedded youtube players? For example placing them side by side vs one above the other? or am I dreaming and its a v-bulletin limitation?

I'm pretty good at google, but im either looking for the wrong terms or its not out there.
  4. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

Jun 22, 2009
    You can make a table.. And put a youtube video in each column to get them to sit side by side. Your code would look something like this:

Column 1 Column 2
    [youtube]URL#1[/youtube] [youtube]URL #2[/youtube]
  5. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Jul 18, 2010
  6. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

Jul 1, 2010
    or you could just.....[youtube ]URL#1[/youtube][youtube ]URL#2[/youtube]
    without the table