How to Post Quick, Easy, and Cool Looking Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by carolinaeasy, Nov 17, 2010.

1. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Do you want to make posting your game summaries as easy as possible? With a few simple steps you can be posting summaries that look like this: [​IMG]

You don't have to buy any software or download your soul away to spam bots. Just follow these simple steps and you will be posting these type of posts in no time.

1. Download Firefox's webrowser. It is free and can be found here. Follow the instructions and install the program to your computer.

2. Install an add on called ScreenGraber! which is free and can be found by:
    A. Open up Firefox
    B. Go to the top of the screen and select Tools
    C. Under Tools select Add-Ons
    D. Search for ScreenGraber!
    E. Double Click on it to download and follow instructions
    F. Click to restart Firefox

3. Start a Photobucket.com account. The link for this can be found here. Follow the instructions to register and don't worry about your email they are pretty good about not sending junk mail.

4. In Firefox log onto the dynasty website: For The Left Coast you can find it here.

5. Go to Schedules, and then go to the game you want. It should look like this when you have your schedule up. [​IMG]

5. Click on Game Details. Then right click and select ScreenGrab!->Save->Selection. Select the portion you wish to share with the group and save it somewhere on your computer that you will remember.

6. Open up photobucket.com. Find the green box that says upload now it should look like this: [​IMG]
    Then choose that button again on the next screen and find the file you saved on your computer, click ok, and let it upload. When it is finished hit save and you will go back to your main screen.

7. Come here and go to the weekly summary page and insert the pics url from photobucket...viola you are done!

• Like Like x 1
  2. RJ Emeka

RJ Emeka Walk On

I'm having a hard time with this. When I choose save and selection, nothing pops up.

3. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

When you select save selection you will then need to set the parameters of the "selection" area with your mouse.

4. RJ Emeka

RJ Emeka Walk On

got it mate! thanks

5. BG

BG On The Rize!

Hey folk, I tried this, but I dont understand what you mean by "parameters" with the mouse?

6. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

You simply click and drag the mouse to create a box that will be your "selection" this is very similar to drawing a box in MS paint

7. RJ Emeka

RJ Emeka Walk On

for some reason it doesn't work for the box scores..but it does for anything else...either way, I found another application that I downloaded and it works fine.

8. the_rhinoceros

the_rhinoceros Walk On

Hey if any of you guys are using a Mac, you don't have to download anything. Just hit Command-Shift-4 and then drag across the area you want to save.

9. bdub

bdub Walk On

The same thing happens to me. I just downloaded another program to use.

10. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

what program is it? I will post it up for everyone to see

11. RJ Emeka

RJ Emeka Walk On

ScreenHunter 5.1

12. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

Most Windows systems come with an accessory pre-installed called "Snipping Tool." It essentially does the same thing.

13. justadude

justadude Walk On

Screenhunter worked for me. Nifty idea screen grabbing.

14. starshaw

starshaw Walk On

anyone else having problems getting into the dynasty site?