How to Proceed?

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by bravejaf, Aug 13, 2011.

1. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Basic Situation: Nothing is reporting correctly on EA Servers, so the results will be based on EA sim after advance. I do not think this is a flaw in the game, but a server issue.

Option 1: Wait it out and hope EA fixes the problem (Shaun has reported the matter to EA officials)

Option 2: Sim games, advance to offseason and hope everything works in week 1

Option 3: Start from scratch with a new online dynasty

My opinion is that the issue is too widespread to be a file issue, unless nearly every dynasty on TSO is also corrupted. I alsi do not believe the upcoming patch will fix this issue, since this issue was only made known to EA this past week.

2. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Its weird that it would just start happening now. Are there are any dynastys that have made it through the firt season? We were moving pretty smoothly minus the FSU hiccup until bowl week. Wonder if with all these issues with the game, if that would be reason to get a full refund for the game. Because to be honest it is a broken product.

3. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

After Midnight was running smoothly until this past week, Dru beat his opponent like 59-7, and when we advanced it was 42-28. We didn't have this problem in season 1, and now we are in season 2, week 10

4. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

In all honesty guys, I just dont know. This whole thing has me bummed, and there is alot I have to say about EA right now, but not alot of it is good. Like Fuck off EA for this shit.

5. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Yeah this is such awful timing for me. To be honest the first couple weeks of the game it was a chore playing my games. It finally started to become fun and now the game is fucking broken.

6. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Bingo. 100% for me as well.

7. Cutch 22

Cutch 22 Let's gooooooo

Agreed. NCAA 12 has been a disappointment for me those far.

I hate restarts, but wouldn't be opposed to letting EA sort themselves out. I am onboard for whatever the group wants to do though.

8. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I like this game, but I can't keep going through all this. I can't even complete a 5 min qtr RTG game at this point. I've tried 3 times to do that this weekend and it just freezes constantly. The last 3 or 4 OD games I've played have had to be replayed for one reason or another. I like this game. It's a good game, but at this point I find it basically unplayable.

I have little confidence that EA's patch will fix all of this. This game is just completely full of bugs and glitches and the idea that all of this was a surprise to them is either really naive, or a real indictment on their staff. Either way, it is unplayable in my mind until the scores at least record I don't want to waste any more of my time......I mean we should be able to get that....right?

9. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

I would not be opposed at all to waiting and restarting the whole thing from the beginning. It just feels tainted now. And the coaching stats on the game a fucking mess too. Plus, I want to make sure they have it fixed, so in December we dont go through this again for the 14th time. Just wait, and start clean.

But thats just me. I mean I dont think it would be a huge hassel, as EA has provided the lions share of hassels or us so far. Anywho, thats my .02.

10. Hokie Effect

bravejaf Should we try to reinvite everyone? Or maybe start a new OD (but not deleting current one) and see if week 1 games will save. It's just weird that this would happen all of a sudden without explination.

11. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

We can try that if someone wants to start up a new dynasty. I don't have commissioner pack, so I can only commish one dynasty at a time.

12. Hokie Effect

I went ahead and ran a test OD. I didn't get the transfer error after week 1 game and when I advanced the score and stats from the game were recorded correctly. But there wasn't a dynasty wire article. So not sure what is up, but I guess as long as you don't get the error message the game will save.

13. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

If possible can you play/super sim for a few more weeks. If we decide to reboot, I want to make sure we aren't going to hit this same glitch in a few more weeks.

If we do reboot, here are a few notes:
    * Do not create a coach, just go with the exisiting coaches
    * Custom playbooks may be disabled, no proof that this caused problems but no proof it didn't cause problems either
    * Teams that won conference titles will get their extra scholarship in year 1 of the reboot

For now I am heading to Cleveland to see Indians game. I will be back tonight.

14. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

I have the commish pack but why not advance it and see what the results are? then we can always retire and resend the invites. I am tied up most of the day today.

15. Twister18

I say we take all variables out of it. CC and custom pb dont mean that much to me as to playing games with the new game.

16. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

so should me and Jman play today?

17. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

My plans got canceled. Not making a 2 hour drive with possible storms throughout the scheduled game time.

I'm going to play my game for the hell of it and see if it reports. I may just super sim the game. I tried that twice last night but lost both times. This time I'm just gonna let it go through, win or lose.

I will let you know if it reports correctly.

18. Twister18

brave send me a text on what u decide to do.

19. vBIG SLICKv

vBIG SLICKv Varsity Baby !!!

I am for just restarting the whole thing, but am up for whatever the group decides.

20. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I replayed my game (mostly super sim and chew clock) and still got the transfer failed error message. Fuck this game!

21. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

SatansAngel1104 and Beazus Christ - do you guys want to play championship? Even if we advance past bowls or reboot the dynasty, I still believe you guys deserve shot at playing title game.

22. vBIG SLICKv

vBIG SLICKv Varsity Baby !!!

I think they should play it so that the winner can get the additional 5star recruit after the advance or the reboot if we are going to give the conference winner their additional 5 star.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Jman

Good point Slick. Wasn't thinking in that context myself.

24. Jman

How can you fuck something up SO severely EA?

I'm supposed to kick off my new guy league this weekend too but this shit has got me worried about that too. ARGH!

25. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

im up for playing it. i know hes only got until 2cst or something