HOW TO STOP WILDCAT AND NANOS

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bigox1337, Nov 3, 2009.

1. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

HOW TO STOP WILDCAT AND NANOS

Because of the uproar that is going on about the overuse of wildcat formations and the any use of the nano i will let this league in on a little secrets i found on OS and in the lab.

STOPPING THE WILDCAT.
    To stop the run out of the wildcat you have to sell out on it, you cant expect to stop the run and still play good pass coverage in case of the pass, bring 7-9 guys on a heavy run blitz.. Most ppl do this but here is a secret.... you need to have at least both outside LB blitzing either to the outside of the DEs or in between the DE and DTs. THEN D HOT ROUTE THE ENDS TO CONTAIN QB. This allows the LB to engage with the tackles on each end and your DEs will move out to guard against the QB run..... the running back is the qb in wildcat and more often than not you will tackle the rb for either a short loss or a short gain.

STOPPING NANOS
    very very very very easy to do. just flip your play at presnap. nanos work by overloading one or maybe two gaps. Flipping the plays change all the gaps and it also changes what lineman guards what defender. They still are blitzing so the defense will still get to you but you will have 2 or 3 seconds instead of half a second to ge the ball out. Also dont forget about the offensive line hotroute to move blockers to the overloaded side of the ball.

Bonus!!!!!
    HOW TO STOP THE PITCH/STRETCH RUNNING PLAYS
    Since i told some ppl how to slow down a opponent that love to run wide ill tell everyone... BLITZ CBs. there are tons of under utilized zone blitzes that send both corners. use them cautiously thou becuase if you thinks its gonna be a pitch and they throw it or run up the middle, your one juke or broken tackle away from giving up a huge play to your oppentent

HOW TO STOP RB/WR SCREENS
    Becuase man coverage doesn't work very well since the gap between a slow and a fast player has been exaggerated this year to make the fast players seem faster, the amount of zone defense being used has increased ten fold. Screens are designed to destroy zone especially cover 3, the most used zone.
    PLAY MAN UP TO STOP SCREENS. Im not saying that it will stop it completely becuase a player with good stick skills can still make a big play here and there but at least it will slow him down.

These tips wont instantly make you a defensive juggernaut against the plays mentioned above, but with enough stick time and some good time in the lab perfecting the art, you will learn that anything can be stopped if you are patient and pick your spots.

2. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

Sounds like I do NOT want to play you any time soon. lol

3. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

hahah ive played about 100 games online with a 75 win percentage and me and a group of about 6 or 7 ex madden challengers play once or twice a month for 50 bucks a game. So im pretty much aware of all cheeses and nanos because when money gets on the line ppl get real shady, just wanted to share some knowledge, hit the pratice mode if you unsure of your skills, set the defense to blitz and see what you can do or set the offense to run wildcat over and over again and see what stops it. Yes there is a difference between a the CPU and a human opponent but most of what you learn can be applied to online play or human v human.

4. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

I say play screens with my user controlled player, unless you play safety which alot of you do. As a lineman or OLB its easy to cover/tackle/int.

I blitz the Wildcat also, I have problems when the Vikings run it though. Because Peterson is so beastly in the game, he can't be brought down by the first guy or even in the backfield. People run the box run where its a square and he outrun's everyone to the outside. My wildcat defense relies on that first guy slowing or tackling the guy. Peterson is just abusive with the Wildcat.

5. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

but do you qb contain the ends? blitz everyone and qb contain the ends and see if it helps you stop all day AP

6. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

hell i have problems with AP running right up the gut hahah