How was your 2015 recruiting class?

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by jello1717, Jan 9, 2012.

1. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

How did your latest recruiting class fare?
    Were there studs that you busted your ass for and lost?
    Were you able to sign the guys that you needed?
    What new guys have your campus buzzing?
    Who has been your recruiting nemesis thus far?

2. jello1717

ASU put together another tremendous class as they signed the #2 overall class, trailing only Georgia. This was mainly due to the sheer number of guys we signed, however, because one could certainly argue that dakota7 's smaller class was better (which a smaller class is supposed to be).

I went after the 1 or 2 C and lost him as well as the #1 and #2 DEs (the #2 guy I lost to a pipeline having Darkwing ). I also lost out on the #2 HB to dakota7, but I didn't care about him as I returned 5 HBs this year. Signing the #2 WR away from Masler was one of the highlights of my class.

I got most of what I needed, but I would've preferred 2 more studs on the D-line as opposed to the 2 more bodies that I had to sign. Signing the top 2 tackles in the country (who came in as 81 and 80 OVR) was HUGE for us as we're trying to build a formidable O-line.

ASU fans that understand football know how important it was for me to get those 2 tackles, but everyone is talking about ATH turned FS Bill Williams. Everyone is expecting big things from him and he didn't disappoint in the season opener with 7 tackles and a safety.

Strangely enough, fucking Oklahoma has been my nemesis. I've invested more time in recruits signed by those bastards than any other school. And they always draw it out a long time, stringing me along with the hope that I can get them so that when I finally lose the kid, plans b, c, and d are all gone and I'm done to plan r instead.

3. Masler

Masler Moderator

1) Some were a bit of a disappointment. I had the #4 Guard I believe, come in at 69 overall. Others were right on cue or surprised me.

2) Yes that #2 WR. May he break his leg.

3) For the most part. Wish I could have gotten a better MLB

4) No one really, at least not yet.

5) This one answers itself.

• Like Like x 1
  4. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

I'm not sure where I finished, but as I noted elsewhere, this is the most talented class I've signed. The 15 I brought in have an average rating of 71.33 a far cry from the mid 60's classes I started off with in this dynasty. And a pretty good jump from the average 69 class I brought in last season.

I lost out on a couple guys to Georgia and Wisconsin surprisingly. Recruiting at NU is ridiculously difficult and the only way to have success is to be the first one to the scraps that fall off the dinner table. I thought I found a couple guys like that last season and was making great strides on them only to have Georgia and Wisconsin get involved later and clearly once that happened it was a no contest.

Additionally, CB Pat Turner would of been an immediate impact player for me and while I pushed all the way up to #2 on his list, the week I thought I'd jump to #1 Texas A&M decided to start recruiting him. They picked up a soft commit not too long after w/o offering him ultimately frustrating me.

Last years class included all the guys I needed. I really wanted to add another T in last seasons class, but you can see my answer to the last question for what happened there.

WR Montrell Brooks (74 overall)
    MLB Ricky O'Brien (71 overall)
    FS Loren Brown (75 overall)
    CB Tyson Quinn JUCO Jr (76 overall)

All these guys are huge signings for the Wildcats and while Brooks and O'Brien will both take over starting spots as true freshman, Brown will find himself in a timeshare with Tim Powell and Quinn asked for a redshirt. Brooks and Brown are the special ones though as they both have the potential to be the first players at NU rated 90+ by the end of his career.

Pretty much everybody as with NU I can't compete very strongly on the trail. Guys either want to come here or they don't, there's not a lot of middle ground. The two schools that have been my absolute nemisis' though are Illinois (to be expected) and friggin Northern Illinois. These two schools have been able to crush me on the recruiting trail and I have no idea why/how. There was a stud T I wanted last season and I started off #1 on his list and pumped 60 minutes into the guy every week. Every single week Illinois closed the gap and eventually overtook me as #1 on his list. How that shit is possible I have no idea. He was from Illinois so we both had pipelines and all our pitches were the same so they couldn't really negative recruit me. Very frustrated from that one. I look forward to crushing them on the gridiron this year as a consequence.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  5. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

One of my best yet. It was looking solid, but not great, until the offseason. Then I unexpectedly landed the #1 WR and a top notch guard to push this class over the top.

The #1 HB from last year that ended up signing with Arkansas over myself and darkwing. I still don't have a dynamic guy at HB and he would have made this team a true national contender.

Yes. I got the #1 center, 3 four star guards, a 4 star tackle and a 3-star JUCO tackle to shore up the offensive line for the future. I needed speed on offense and landed the #1 WR, an ATH with top notch speed, and a 3 star WR with good speed and great hands but needs time to develop.

None of them should see the field this year, but WR Nate Gibson is going to turn heads next year. I do have to start a freshman at center which already caused me problems in my first game.

I think Georgia is the only team I haven't been able to top for a recruit no matter what I do.

6. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

#1. We had a lot of needs, and added some good defensive talent to the team.
    I was after a top DT and C which were needs last year and Alabama took them both from me and I started out 1st for the DT. And I will bite here, as we also went after ATH Bill Williams from California without a pipleline against jello1717 and ASU but could not pull him from the west.
    After losing on the DT and C to 'Bama, we were lucky enough to sign two top players at those positions during the off season. We also filled needs at both K and P with players who have some big legs.
    DE Spencer Frederick is a monster and the fans can't wait to see him on the field. They won't get a chance this year, but he should start next year and is already an 80 overall. Also, #1 SS Mike Cooper came in very highly rated at 81. He is right on last year's #1 SS Chaz Sullivan's heals who is only an 83 after a RS year. Another secondary player CB Wesley Walter taken from Darkwing during the off season in some true larceny. Walter will be a lock down corner for UGA, but the fans will have to wait a year to see him.
    EA Sports. Probably the hardest part of recruiting with UGA is deciding which guys to go after. There are so many top players interested that the board can get pretty big when you start adding players at first. It's a nice problem to have, but it can be kind of ridiculous when 85 of the top 100 have me in their top 10.

7. jello1717

I forgot to mention him as a guy I lost. I led all offseason until he visited you me and dakota7 in week 3 and somehow you jumped both of us to sign him. He's basically identical to the WR I signed from Masler and would've redshirted, but I graduate 4 WRs this year so it would've been nice to sign him and have him ready for next year.

8. Dwreck

Dwreck Walk On

- Not so well. I thought that with LSU I would be on top of a lot more 150 recruits, but most of the top guys had at least 2-4 users ahead of me. I ended up wasting time catching up so then I was left with very few top prospects. I also needed to protect my Florida pipeline which was literally going to disappear with the last 4 Florida kids I had graduating. I ended up getting a bunch of scrubs just to keep it. I also didn't have any home games between week 3 and 9 so I couldn't even get visits for some.

-Too many to even count. I would say I had to give up on about 6 prospects mid-way through.

- I did get some top-end talent at need positions which was the best thing about my class. My needs were FS, G and MLB and I came away with the #3 FS, #3 and #49 Guards (off-season rank, he finished out in the top 10) and the #4 MLB. I also landed a 5* HB (#5), but he needs some time to build up some speed because he is a little on the slow side.

- MLB Nate Dixon (76 OVR) is a Louisiana kid who is going to help continue the fantastic play I have enjoyed at MLB. FS (78 OVR) Kyle McIntosh is going to be a stud too. At 6'5" 206 lbs. with speed, he is going to make some people pay when they try to throw over the top.

- Bill and edge have both snagged a few prospect from me. edge7771 beat me out on a ton of WRs last year.

9. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

--Not sure what our final ranking was, I did my recruiting on the wire, but it was top five during the season and we added 2 more :4stars:linebackers.

-- JC snagged the number 1 tight end early in the year and he came in at 81 overall. That guy should've been a Badger!

-- The only need was at MLB, so yes, all needs were filled.

-- None. You need to prove it on the field in Madison.

-- It has changed from season to season. Arizona State landed Bryan Stephens one year, MSU landed the tight end and Oklahoma stole another :5stars: running back.