How we could do next off-season in 2-3 hours

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by shadowofanubis66, Oct 22, 2009.

1. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

How we could do next off-season in 2-3 hours

G-unit had an idea where everyone gets aim (a free online messaging system in case u haven't heard of it) and we all log in when it's time for the off-season. Then as we all do our thing for that week, others could talk on aim (a private chatroom for us could easily be made) about recruiting and such. This could happen any night after 10pm. Instead of having to login 4-5 times during the course of a week, you could get it all done in 2 hours.

This should be a pretty simple thing to do i think, aim is easy as heck to obtain and install/use. Long off-seasons would be a thing of the past. I did this once in another league and so did g-unit.

2. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Agreed. Very easy and it adds more fun to the offseason. In the other league I was in last year, the Commish a day or two before the offseason would have everyone on the forum agree on a date and time everyone can meet up one time and knock out the offseason.

I think everytime we ended up doing it on late on either FRI or SAT Night's around 10:00 at night. The commish would create a AIM Group Chat and invite all of us to it. From there we would go into the offseason and knock out the offseason and preseason. It generally took no longer than a couple hours, and it made it more fun. Everyone would talk about their recruiting/signings and such in the group chat and it flew by. And once everyone agreed on a date and time on the forum that was it. You snooze, you lose. Anyways, it would speed up the process (into one night) and add a little continuity to the league.

3. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

We wouldn't even need to get AIM. We could just all join a chat room on the PS3, I'd rather do that. However there is no way I am giving up a Friday or Saturday night to do this though so it wouldn't be 1 of those nights..

4. Iron Mickey

Harder to chat in a PS3 chatroom, but whatever works. The night doesnt matter to me either. It just happened to work out for those nights for us in our league.

5. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

when we get to the beginning of bowl week we need to start a new topic post on our league forum and set a HARD date and time where we will all meet to do offseason in one foul swoop. Add the aim thing that drunked mentioned to make sure we stay on point while doing so and everything should go smoothly. also once we have set a HARD date and time and somebody doesnt show up then unfortunately that owner or those owners are assed out. it the same concept as scheduling a user vs user game. i know we live all over the country and have different lives, but im sure we can all put our heads together to make this happen.

* on a similar note if we all had or have headsets we can do our offseason and have headsets on in our dynasty screen and talk the whole time letting everyone know when we are done live. im totally down with that.

6. Iron Mickey

Agreed. I like the headset idea too. We did that also last year, but we always seemed to have issues with it. Also whenever the commish advanced we all would of course have to reconnect.

7. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

man im just sitting here waiting for our new season. i just finished my redshirt strategy for this season so that will be quick for me. this has been the hardest offseason for me from the aspect of cutting players. there were about 3 guys i cut that i really didnt want to.

8. Iron Mickey

I guess I was pretty fortunate. I had to cut three to get to 70, but they were worth a shit really anyways.

9. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

im going to assume this stands true for everyone, but if not this is me for sure.

i think its funny/strange/cool/etc. how attached i become with players on this game. its almost like im really there coach and care about what happens to them. i remember names and big plays and compare new players to old players. hard to put in words but i guess i just love this game too f'in much

10. smace767

smace767 Walk On

Help me out cause im lost and shit.

If we have a recruiting cap of players leaving plus 2. That would mean you never have to cut more than 2 if you are at the cap.

I took dudes off my board to stay at my cap and to have only 72 players and two of those didnt sign anyway. School me on how you got more than 72 players and need to cut 3 or more to get to 70, cause i didnt do something right.

11. Iron Mickey

The recruiting cap does not really corralate to the 70. The cap is to the seniors you have that season + 2.

12. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

i have not clue. i signed like 10-15 guys i wanna say. i signed 6 5 star guys. i dont know what my cap limit was for the offseason because until reading our posts on another topic in the middle of this offseason recruiting wasnt aware of any rules other then the six 5stars. i could have went above limit i guess but i dont think i did only signing the amount of guys i did. by the time i read posts on graduating class +2 it was in offseason so i couldnt check it. i too took players off my board in the middle of season, but it was like 15 5star guys because i didnt want to break that recruiting rule.

13. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

the only other logic i used when i was recruiting was looking at the top classes where i saw a couple schools signed upwards of 20-25 players so it never dawned on me that i could be breaking a rule since i barely brought in half of that number.

14. Iron Mickey

yeah hood was suppose to post caps for each team, but forgot by accident. but anyways I think that Dean guy signed a full 25 which was way over. I am pretty sure everyone else was fine.

15. smace767

smace767 Walk On

of course it correlates to 70. During the season you can't have more than 70 so if 20 guys leave you sign 22 you still have 72.
    if 10 guys leave you sign 12 you still have 72.

16. smace767

smace767 Walk On

Yeah the dean guy didnt know. but we had a big ass thread that everybody replied too about changes and caps.. Dudes know what their cap was you can figure it out your self.
    I dont give a fuck, we could use it or scrap it, but its one or the other.
    i see someone has 76, someone has 75, someone has 73 and someone has 82.

Let me know whats up.
    im good how yall want to do it. just dont have me following rules that aint rules.

17. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

yeah smace those numbers make sense. i must have gone over even with a smaller recruiting class. i had to cut like 5 guys. i wasnt aware of rules until it was too late and i really dont think i signed that many guys, but your post does make sense. i guess i will have "the book thrown at me" as far as sanctions go. :mad: or maybe not since i didnt know :D

only time will tell

18. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

i was typing my last reply when u sent this one in... i dont cheat whatsoever and have no need to(not that you directly called me a cheater or even mentioned cheating). there is a lot of activity in our forums on a daily basis and at least for me its impossible to follow every single one. even on topics i have posted on half the time i forget to go back and check the replies. so going forward ill be sticking with that cap too. if i knew about it and was going to break the rules i wouldnt have signed a 3 star center at end of year of the #17 corner who didnt make my team i would have signed the 25+ 5 stars that were interested in me from the beginning of the season following my national championship game year. i even checked our league rules again and its not mentioned there. that would be the easiest and most obvious place to find a rule like that.

19. Iron Mickey

No need to go ape shit dude. Chill the F out.

20. Iron Mickey

but not everyone had a perfect 70 players on thier roster for the 2010 season I am sure.

this all can be solved easily next year by posting the team cap number before the next offseason.

21. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

set the cap at 0.. that will solve it all.. no more recruiting..

22. smace767

smace767 Walk On

Not tryin to dime anybody out but i based my whole recruiting strategy off following the cap.
    i could have had 30 players.
    I dropped players during the season because i wanted to see who came out in the off season and didnt want to be over the limit already.

i dropped a lot of players who had me #1, so i could stay at the cap during wk 3 of off season.

I know for a fact Penn st snatched 2 players i thought nobody else was recruiting in the off season.

If we scrap the rule then its all good everybody will know whats up in the future. If we keep it lets follow the rule.

lets vote or commish decides or whatever.

23. smace767

smace767 Walk On

We could just restart the 2009 season every time.

24. Iron Mickey

Dude, you had the #2 overall recruiting class. You should be the last one complaining about dropping a few recruits. The recruiting cap is a good thing. It keeps things even keel.

Jesus.

25. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

Let's all calm down here...I fucked up, end of story. For this season I will post the cap numbers for each team and that's that.....and by the way smace had the top rated recruiting class since Dean had to cut 7.