How will we decide what teams we will be in NCAA 2010?

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by jms493, Apr 29, 2009.

1. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

How will we decide what teams we will be in NCAA 2010?

Any ideas??

Sorry i am so fucking bored at work.....I hope they dont lay my ass off. It is slow.
    I am making up work to do and it still doesnt fill my day.

2. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

were working on a league structuring plan.. after that is released, we can re-open the debate.

Im still for the 2 conference split. Big 12 - SEC with 3 guys in each sub conference. Im for keeping user games to 4 per team every season to keep things moving expeditiously.

This means there will be a conference championship game in both the SEC and Big 12 every year that will have huge implications on the national title race.

3. Kingerock

Kingerock I'm kinda a big deal...

JMS, were you thinking which teams as far as tier? Texas and Oklahoma vs Baylor and Kansas State?

I'm interested in starting everyone out at 2 and 3 star teams and building, but that may just be an offline project I pursue.

4. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

hmmm...

EASTERN DIVISON

Florida
    Georgia
    Vanderbilt
    So. Car.
    Tennessee
    Kentucky

WESTERN DIVISON
    Alabama
    Ole Miss
    LSU
    Arkansas
    Auburn
    Miss. St.

NORTH DIVISION
    Iowa State University
    Kansas State University
    University of Colorado
    University of Kansas
    University of Missouri
    University of Nebraska

SOUTH DIVSION
    Baylor University
    Oklahoma State University
    Texas A&M University
    Texas Tech University
    University of Oklahoma
    University of Texas

5. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Just what teams in general........I would still like to keep Penn State but I know Ryno has other ideas....

Sucks totally shutting out the Big Ten Teams

6. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

It's rewarding to build up a bad team. But I'm pretty sure I'll be looking to get a very competitive team this year. I really like the way we're setup now, although I could see us going to more of a RIVAL oriented format....

ASU/Arizona
    UCLA/USC

Michigan/Ohio State
    Purdue/Notre Dame (don't add them to the conference, let them schedule 2 big ten teams and two pac ten teams every year

Texas/Oklahoma/Texas A&M/some other team

If we go SEC/Big 12 it'll be less appealing to me, I'd like to be Georgia in that case. I don't think we should let anybody be Florida. Texas at least has two teams vying for the state instead of 1.

7. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Agreed, worst case scenario for me and I would be sticking around only because of the great people.

8. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

+I think I would be opposed to taking the shittier teams as it hard to build them up with 12 other users and we dont move fast enough. Look at Purdue....it took them 5-6 seasons to get a good squad together and they still have a sub par team compared to the rest of the big ten.

9. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

I definitely don't want any part of the Big 12 again......we can't throw the ACC in the mix somehow? We'd still get the conf championship games.....I'd prefer to start out with a bad team, I don't care how long it takes to build them up....that's part of the fun for me

10. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I really think it should be user preference, I really enjoyed this :)

11. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I like the idea of 3 Pac 10, 3 Big Ten, 3 Big 12, and 3 ACC teams better than I like the idea of 6/6 Big 12/SEC

12. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

That is true.....if you want to pick a shittier team then that is your choice. If Penn State was shitty I would probably still want to be them so I suppose it SHOULD be up to the coach.

Do you get to transfer??? Like Juggs??

13. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I remember Twrex talking about how idiotic it was to take an Indiana or a Purdue and wondering if he was right - no way. It depends on what you want though...

14. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

im shooting to build some deep rivalries in the sub-conferences... and the championship games would be so HUGE every year... i just can't get my mind off of having those conference championship games every year and all the hype leading up to those two HUGE games.

somebody tell me that's not appealing

15. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

Indeed......too bad the Big East doesn't have the title game...because you know who I'd want

16. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

yeah it is appealing but if you have no interest in the team your building then it is not as fun.

There are so many college teams i dont like being restricted to only 24 teams.

17. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I mean there is nothing you can do with the structure to make me leave......I will play with any team if necessary. But I would like to get the overall leagues opinion and make a decision from there.

18. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

As it stands right now, who here is playing with the team they really root for IRL? just curious

19. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

i am, but it's not a requirement.

I do like the Big 12 alot though, i think it is a great platform for recruiting battles.

others are

JMS = Penn State
    Ramirez = ASU

so i think we have 3 guys playing with their favs right now.

20. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Rynoaid - Aggies
    jms493 - PSU
    Bruce - Michigan
    Kinger - Texas

Not sure about anyone else...

21. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

I don't think Kinger is really a Texas fan....in a recent convo we had I think he said he's a Baylor fan

22. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

yeah that one was a guess.....so basically 3 players.

Well I think we should come up with 2 or 3 structures and vote on them.

Current - Existing Structure
    Hellis - 4 divisions of 3
    Ryno - Big 12 and SEC

23. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

I like the idea of 6 guys in 2 conferences...2 div of 3 each. but in reality, that is ALOT of user games, and unless we're going to schedule 5-6 user games each, odds are teams from the big 12 will not be playing teams from the sec. also...odds of someone getting thru that unscathed is going to be pretty hard so we might see a few more cpu champions.

therefore, i think the 3 conferences of 4 teams is the better way to go. personally, i have no allegiance to the big 10 though. so maybe do big 12, sec, acc since those 3 conferences all have conf championships? 2 in each division. something like that?

24. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

i think your overestimating the user games this scenario would generate. The only mandated user games for each team EVERY year would be the two sub-conference user opponents. In some years, you might get one or two of the other sub conference teams on your conference schedule too, but you could get none.

That would leave you with a minimum of 2 user conference games and a maximum of 5 user conference games. You could schedule non-conference around that to get to the 4 or 5 user game number. If somehow you got the maximum 5 user conference games.. you would just hold off from scheduling user OOC games that year

25. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    For those interested in running with smaller teams and building them up, Sanders is doing a hell-of-a-job in TTIV with this concept. ;)