How will you recruit.... 2011 edition....

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by JrRawlins, Jun 29, 2010.

1. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

How will you recruit.... 2011 edition....

Just a thought heading into the dynasty, 2009 it was all about speed.... 2010 the speed was limited and not nearly as effective as 2009..... so how are you planning to recruit....if speed isnt nearly as prevalent as this year?

you want the air it out offense, with 4 or 5 great WR's?
    you want the ground and pound offense with the big back and big O-line?
    you want the option QB with the speed back?
    you gonna run pro-style offense?
    the one back offense?

styles of play will really, really matter this time again..... thoughts?

2. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

I'm going to try and keep it traditional Mizzou football. I'll look to either run the Mizzou playbook or the air raid/run n shoot playbooks from TTU or SMU. Therefore, I'll look to have a solid passing QB and stud WRs. Ideally, 1 Randy Moss and 4 little Wes Welkers to cause plenty of headaches.

Just gotta figure out what to do on defense.....

3. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I'll probably start off as a pro style and see where that goes. Last year I was able to bring in some special players and decided to move to the spread option to take advantage of that talent. The pistol is an offense that has always had my attention since it's inception.

*Sigh* I have a long way to go with Wake. I'm basically starting from scratch...

4. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

Kentucky runs a pro style offense, so I'll be focusing on trying to get great RBs who can run between the tackles, recruit an OLINE that can both pass & run block & a good accrurate QB. Will also need a big TE for those inside the 20 plays.

This will be different as in NCAA 09 & 10 I was Missouri, so it was draft a fast WR who is also tall.

Looking to really have some type of running attack to go with my passing game.

5. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

LOL, I remember you had about 3 WRs on one team that were 6'7, 6'8, and 6'6.

6. theSANDMAN215

I've basically run the same offense for '09 and '10. This year, I'm going to recruit WRs, and try a spread it out and throw it offense. My RB recruiting will focus mostly on speed. He can be a 2 or even 1 star running back, as long as he has speed and can catch.

At WR, my main focus will be 'catch' ability, followed by speed. I'm so sick of my WRs dropping the ball, and if I'm going to spread it out, I'm going to need guys to catch the ball.

Just thinking about this has me psyched for 2011. Especially with my long hiatus from 2010.

7. theSANDMAN215

Defense, I'm just going to start with the d-line and work my way out. I usually end up recruiting what my needs are at first, then will start going to where I need depth (2-Deep) at each position.

8. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I plan on just trying to get the best talent I can and then structuring my offense to be balanced. I will likely go with a playbook like Oklahoma so I can run and throw.

9. JrRawlins

Im leaning towards a one back offense, like i usually do, and it looks my talent at least to start is definitely gonna push me to at least start that way.... but the recruits who are at least intersted in Kansas State may deteremine our future playbooks as we move forward....

Defensively, 3-4 all day.. we will build our team around that....

10. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I know I will need to get a RB early on. My depth chart will look really really bad after the first season.

11. JrRawlins

yeah i feel you on that Drifter...... i got alot of seniors that are decent, but the underclassmen are terrible behind them... my first year of recruiting is gonna have to be spectacular for the Wildcats to be competitive in year 2 or 3

12. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I really wanted to run the fleXbox One this year, I loved it in The Experience last year (I was Army), but I don't know if the offense installed at Duke will allow it. I will probably end up gravitating that way if I can, but it is hard to take a spread passing team and convert them to a fleXbox One team overnight.

*shrug* Or I could just know the first few season are going to be tough and start that way. I will make up my mind more when I get to play the game some.

13. theSANDMAN215

I remember when you started with K-State in '09, you had so many juniors and seniors.

14. theSANDMAN215

I wish I could run that offense, but I'm terrible at executing it. I think, if run properly, you can do pretty well with it. It's tough in a video game though. Bondzai would give me some good games, but in that offense, if you make a couple mistakes, you are almost done because it's so hard to make a comeback.

15. JrRawlins

yeah that fleXbox One offense you have to have real discipline and patience... and you can make many mistakes because the offense is built for close games, and its really not designed for coming back from deficits...

16. GoGators

The option pitches seem to work a lot differently this year too. Much less effective from my experience w/the demo. Maybe that'll change on the final product, but it seems the option attacks will require more precise execution this year compared to last years late laser pitches.

17. jkhaalis991

Yea that was the WRs unit I had in this league lol. I remeber just throwing it up & just watching my WRs just out jump the CB lol.

18. JrRawlins

yeah the option will definitely take some gettin used too.. that is for certain... the late perfect pitches seem to be out this year... i tried that late pitch in the demo and it was not effective.....

19. jkhaalis991

Just looked at Kentucky's roster on Teambuilder & my main needs for the 1st season will be:

Offense: LT & RT. After the 1st season I will have no LT on the roster & my starting RT is a SR & his backup is only mid 70s. So I'll get 2 stud tackles.

Defense: DE & LB. Both starting DEs are in the mid 70s & my starting ROLB is in the mid to high 60s.

The best player on the team: #32 SR CB Tevard Lindsey. His overall is 96 & his man & zone coverage is 96 & 93. He will be missed after the 1st season

20. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Ole Miss recruiting will focus on the defense. I think offensively we are young enough to be ok, but on defense we have very few young playmakers on defense.

My QB's are Sophmore and Freshman, and I think they will be effective, at least I hope they will be. RB's are solid, with Rodney Scott looking to take over after Bolden and Davis graduate in two years.

The OL is young enough that I could be ok, and so that shouldn't be a problem and same thing at WR with Patterson and Vincent Sanders both looking like players.

The big need on my team is DT.

With them changing how players play in this year's game, focusing on acceleration and agility, it should be interesting how the game plays. Im starting to get excited again.

21. JrRawlins

after reading and looking at the team i have returning from the 2010 rosters....

I have two senior QBs which is good for experience...
    a solid HB and backup HB.....
    a terrible WR core.... i mean terrible.... top 4 receivers are leaving....
    a terrible TE group...
    a young offensive line
    a strong defensive line ( well at least at DE)
    1 linebacker... in a 3-4 defense is a nightmare....
    my safeties look really good.... but my corners are blah....

so at first glance, WR and linebackers are my main priorities with TE and QB right behind the receivers,

22. GoGators

Hopefully this works to Mizzou's favor.....sounds like I may have to run exclusively 5 wide no huddle against ya (y)

23. Dru50

I've been looking at length at the Mississippi St roster on the team builder site. There is some talent there, some young talent to boot, but there is definitely work to do.

The OL will be the strength of the offense in year 1. There are some good WR's including a bunch of good looking freshman WR's. The HB's are average, but at least there is depth and varying types of players (some pounders and at least one with some wheels). The QB's worry me, as they are all scramblers with limited throwing ability. I prefer to throw, so finding a legitimate passing QB to throw to the young WR's will be key in our first recruiting class.

The defense is ok across the board, not awful anywhere but with no real standout talents. Lots of work to do there.

24. JrRawlins

i looked at the teambuilder rosters are i think its my 2010 team on there... because if i look on the console at the 2010 rosters... they are very similar in ratings

25. Dru50

I had the same issue for a while, but the way to tell is if the first team builder screen has a green background, its the 2010 version. The 2011 version has a blue background on the home screen. The 2011 teambuilder site has the new Texas rosters, and has key 2010 players (Tebow, Bradford, McCoy) gone.

I can't access the site from work due to not having the right version of flashplayer, but from home I can get to it.