How's your Coach coming along?

Discussion in 'The Longest Yard' started by CWT 3000, Oct 16, 2012.

1. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

I just bought the scouting XP upgrade, which cost me my entire wad of XP. I'm now a 30 legacy.:D Wondering how many legacy points each upgrade boosts it. Anyways, is anyone else having fun with boosting their coach?

The scouting upgrade by the way is nabbing me 4000 scouting points a week now. The retirement packages seem weak. I'm definetly upgrading the XP power ups.

2. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

I upgraded somethign in the beginning for fun, now i am saving up for the scouting upgrade. Not sure what my legacy score is, i haven't even checked. I think im about 6k off the scouting upgrade. I would of been there already if it wasnt for me trying out the xp stuff in the beginning :(

Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
  3. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

In my other leagues i used my upgrade on scouting first as well. Since i just joined i have no xp :(

4. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

[​IMG]
    No XP for you! Next.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

I auto-allocate the XP points each week. My thought process is the CPU logic knows where I am lacking more and can better spread this out.

Now, as far as scouting, I dismiss these points every week. I am saving these for the end of the season to really understand my needs.

6. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I have been using all my xp on boosting my punter and fullback.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

just checked my legacy score, im at 70...

8. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

I am a strategist as a HC and I used my xp to boost RB first so I could put all my xp for Ryan Matthews towards making him less injury prone! I then boosted my RT position because it was cheap and that's my weakest spot on the field especially in pass protection (I think that position has given up 5 sacks!). Then I boosted my TE position because Gates got hurt and I wanted to boost up rookie Ladarius Green but all of a sudden Gates' injury that would have put him out another 6 weeks is gone and he's back in my starting lineup. I am either gonna save for the scouting package next or put it towards the WR's boost next. My WR's drop too many passes!!!!

Also, I allocate all of the xp for all my players. I have actually really enjoyed this aspect of the game and really gives you the opportunity to cater all your players towards your play-style.

Overall, this is the best Madden ever and without being in a league like this it would be sold back after the NFL season because it simply wouldn't be worth playing the cpu or putting up with the crapshoot of trying to find a good player online! So glad I'm in TLY. Please don't push up the speed of advancing. two games a week is perfect. I'm still a little bummed the advance schedule got changed because not having games on each side of the weekend is killing me because of my crazy third shift schedule and I have to sim this week because of it! But if its best for the whole league then I will just sweat out the possible season ending injuries to my top players during the dreaded simulation...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

Im at 50. Do you or anyone else know how these numbers are determined?

10. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

have no clue, maybe makes your team hav ea better chance to get FAs and players to re-sign?

11. DU55

DU55 Walk On

This is correct the way I understand it