How's your team built?

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by publik drunk, Feb 24, 2016.

1. publik drunk

publik drunk King of the East

Was looking through some of the teams and I seen a few that have only a couple of drafted starters. Just curious on who has been hitting in the draft soo far. Post how many drafted players you anticipate starting for your squad next season and pictures or attributes if you want.

• Like Like x 1
  2. publik drunk

publik drunk King of the East

[​IMG]

Following a blue print of a year ago the Cardinals drafted Davis to take the spot of Sean Witherspoon as he moved to LOLB. Davis like Goodwin he was taken a year before him has great tackling and hit power with slightly better coverages.

[​IMG]
    Defensive tackles were deep in the season 3 draft and the Cardinals couldn't pass up on Vasquez. He immediately took over the nose tackle position from Louis Nix and the team hasn't looked back.

[​IMG]

The Cardinals didn't need a WR but for some reason scouted them and couldn't let this guy go. He saw a lot of time in the slot and the return game his rookie year as he is preparing to transfer to the #2 role this coming season.

[​IMG]

When you can't clone Calais Campbell might as well draft his nephew. This guy is as close to Calais as you can get and after sitting behind Tamba Hali his rookie year he will be the day 1 starter his rookie season.

[​IMG]

Maybe on of the biggest slips in TMFL draft history as almost every team passed on this guy TWICE. Patton doesn't need any introduction for those of you familiar with TMFL as he came in his rookie year and put his name into the hat as one of the best receivers in the league.

[​IMG]

Burrell was a home run late in the third Rd. He has improved over his first two seasons and is one of the best dual threat running backs in the league.

[​IMG]

Not bad when you can get your 2nd corner in the second Rd. This guy should be known as the guy who slipped through the cracks.

[​IMG]
    The guy the Cardinals wanted at #3 and they traded down to #21 and still got him. If you notice he has Dez Bryant's picture because he locks him down and has become his father.

[​IMG]
    Cardinals have hit big with their 3rd Rd picks and Vaughan is no different. Dude is a stud and the Cardinals are happy to have him.

[​IMG]
    My favorite player just based on his Alma matter. He is a sure tackler and has been insanely productive in his two years.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
  3. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

So from what I see here it's not likely to get a player that can make any kind of impact past the 3rd round ?

:(

4. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

Eagles addressed extreme needs early on by locking down the offensive line. With a young team already only a handful of guys were able to make the team let alone start. We've spent more time developing the talent that was already on the team. But to highlight a few guys:

russell.JPG

Grant was our pick year 1 and has started every game since. Grant is a Pro Bowl guard and a staple to the offense next to 99 Lane Johnson

pickett.JPG

Pickett was a great addition for us in the 2nd round. The 89 OVR RG sat and learned his first year before taking over duties from veteran guard Carl Nicks. Pickett and Grant have anchored the center of the offensive line for the Eagles

manley.JPG

Alex is a stud, unfortunately for him he shares time with Zach Ertz. But Zach sees the field often as a receiving threat. 86 SPD along with other great attributes put him among the most physically gifted TE's. However he doesn't get spammed the ball to inflate his notoriety.

boyett.JPG

Young Joey is a hybrid guy coming out of tOSU! He played LE in college but moved to the linebacker position in Philly. He has struggled with his assignments as a backer but looks to excel as a down lineman again. As a Speed Rusher his OVR bumps to 87. 84 SPD, 91 ACC, 85 FMV highlight this star dev kid.

thomas.JPG

Gage is a freak ... With a physic of Vince Wolfork but the fastest cone time and 40 time of any of the Eagles defensive tackles. 90 STR, 80 ACC, 74 SPD, 86 PMV, 87 BSH ! Gage was a starter at RE in the Eagles 3-4. Gage should have more success in the 4-3 next to Cox and Logan.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

upload_2016-2-24_16-42-4.png
    The Diablos OL has been iffy this past season, but it was never about talent. The line was fresh full of new starters in recent seasons and very young. Ayers was a steal in the 3rd round. He was a solid piece to a fragile OL last season.
    upload_2016-2-24_16-44-19.png
    Sheppard is another young talent that is starting on the OL. He was a raw athlete and has gotten better with each season. The OL will return a lot of the same starters from last season, but are looking to continue building the chemistry needed to be great.
    upload_2016-2-24_16-48-15.png
    Hudson is another starting lineman that we drafted in the 3rd round. On paper he looks decent, but if he struggles he may lose his job to last season rookie RT.
    upload_2016-2-24_16-51-58.png
    Farmer was brought in to be the replacement to Jared Cook. He was brought in because of his big athletic frame and his playmaking ability. His rookie year he learned from and backed up Cook while also seeing an expanded roll as the season went on. By his sophomore season he was starting over the aging Cook. He is a big time focus in the Diablo offense.

upload_2016-2-24_16-54-35.png
    Rasheem "da dream" Scott was always the WR we had our eye on in last seasons draft. We just had to go CB in the first round, so we were ecstatic as we watched him fall to us. Drafting him in the 2nd gave us a big time threat at the WR position that we felt we lacked. He had a tremendous rookie season and looks to build on it as he will either be playing the number 1 or number 2 spot.
    upload_2016-2-24_16-59-17.png
    Winston is a pure pass rushing DE. He was brought in as a project and it looks like this upcoming season will finally be his time to shine. He has seen his roll increase each passing season.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  6. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

upload_2016-2-24_17-3-57.png
    Banks is probably my most favorite player on my defense if not my most favorite player on the team. We wanted to bring in faster OLBs that could cover and with banks we accomplished that and received a very intelligent playmaker. He always seems to be around the ball and makes more TFL than anyone on my DL or team.
    upload_2016-2-24_17-6-54.png
    Russel was drafted to be the starting MLB after we traded away laurinaitus. He played one season at MLB and then we moved him to OLB to get a little bit more athletic on the outside. He will likely venture back to MLB soon if not this upcoming season.
    upload_2016-2-24_17-9-25.png
    Albury won the Heisman as a defensive player and somehow fell to us in the 2nd round. He hasn't stopped the likes of Patton or Kearse in our division, but he is a huge factor in stopping them.
    upload_2016-2-24_17-11-45.png
    We needed speed at CB and that's what we went out and drafted in Jordan. He was brought in to be a defense against some of the speedier WRs in the league.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Vikings have been hit and many misses in the draft. Had a younger squad to start with but here are my drafted players who need to play well in the coming season:

Screen Shot 2016-02-24 at 5.21.54 PM.png LT Javonte Moore. Third year pro has swapped from RT to LT and now back.
    Screen Shot 2016-02-24 at 5.21.54 PM.png Second year player is the only Center on the roster as of now.
    Screen Shot 2016-02-24 at 5.25.19 PM.png Second year player struggled to start rookie season and then finished struggle. Will split carries with Latavius Murray.
    Screen Shot 2016-02-24 at 5.26.32 PM.png Big strong third year WR needs to continue to make big plays for Teddy to have consistent performance in the year ahead.
    Screen Shot 2016-02-24 at 5.27.45 PM.png Potentially the biggest talent drafted this release by Minnesota, Lucas played sparingly behind Rhodes and Waynes this past season while the coaches groomed his technique and skills. Good be a big time playmaker allowing Wayes to slide into the slot.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  8. hskr8128

hskr8128 Walk On

Featured Threads:
    The 49ers have used all avenues available to them when it came to constructing the team you saw on the field last season. This ownership took the reigns in San Francisco at a time of great turmoil, with many longtime players and even HC Jim Harbaugh leaving the team. Since that time ownership has managed to slowly build the team, having two disappointing season but showing improvement with 2 straight playoff berths. Lets take a deeper look at the 49ers starting 22

The 22 starters were acquired via;

Trade-1
    Draft-10
    FA-3
    Existing Player-8

QB-This is the only starting role filled via trade. Hundley came over from GB after spending his college days in the bay area. He adapted very quickly and now that he has a team around his has begun to blossom.

RBs-HB Trevante Barksdale(88 OVR) was drafted (2.3, 2016) and FB Bruce Miller pre-dates the new regime.

WR/TE-This group is headlined by 2016 draftee WR Marvin Lucas (85 OVR, 3.3) who is one of the best young WR's in the game. The other spot has been held down by Jordy Nelson (trade) and most recently Brandon Marshall (FA) and Allen Robinson (FA). TE Kris Brewster (81 OVR, 5.29 in 2015) was never expected to do much but just last year came out of nowhere to have a phenomenal season.

OL-Here we have 3 players drafted and 2 players who were already in SF. LT Alex Boone (83) and LG Daniel Kilgore (85) are stable veterans who have tutored draftees Noah Carter (82 ovr 3.1 in 2016), Jamal Cox (80 ovr 3.16 in 2016), and Ferrell Duncan (86 ovr, 1.10 in 2015).

DL-Mike Neal (83) came over as a FA in 2016 while Coco Walker (78) was the #10 OVR pick last year and DT Arik Armstead (88) was a rookie the year we took over.

OLB-Navarro Bowman (94) and Michael Wilhoite (78) have been around since the beginning. Joining them are two excellent draftees. MLB Derwin Griffin (84 ovr, 2.19 in 2015) is vastly underrated having recorded 158 solo tackles, 55 TFL, 5.5 Sacks, and 10 INT in his 3 year career. Patrick Evans (85, 2.16 in 2016) may be every bit as good as Griffin but needs more time to show it.

DB-The 49ers had one of the games best young S's already on the roster in Eric Reid (88) and raw talent Jacquiski Tartt (79) was a rookie when we took over but has slowly blossomed into a decent starting S. At CB, Bene Benwikere was added on a huge FA contract last offseason to start opposite draftee Kian Scott (83, 1.24 in 2015)

Had to do mine a little more boring since I didn't know how to get the DL screenshots

• Like Like x 1
  9. charter04

charter04 Walk On

Even though I just retired I would like to add my team to the mix

QB: Brock Osweiler- After Tony Romo retired I knew I needed QB. I already had traded for Mike Glennon but, he just didn't have the accuracy I wanted after he filled in for Romo. The Broncos where shopping Osweiler since year one so I jumped on it. I traded a second for him. He has 95 THP, 90 SAC, 91 MAC, and 73 DAC. He has been great for the Cowboys and a huge reason for their NFC Championship game appearance.

RB- Christine Michael- Acquired in a trade with the Seahawks I believe.

WR- Dez Bryant- On the original roster
    WR- Terrance Williams- On the original roster
    WR- Antwan Burns- 2nd round draft pick

TE-Gavin Escobar-Original Roster

LT- Tyron Smith- Original Roster
    RT- Zach Martin- Original Roster: Moved from RG
    LG-Griffin Austin- 4th round pick. Was drafted as a Center
    RG-La'el Collins- Original Roster: Moved from LG
    C- Travis Frederick- Orginal Roster

Defense

DE- Greg Hardy- Original Roster
    DE- Randy Gregory- Original Roster
    DT- Tyrone Crawford- Original Roster
    DT- Terrance Knighten- Traded Guard Ronald Leary for him from the Redskins

OLB-Sean Lee- Original Roster
    OLB- Clay Matthews- Traded two 2nds for him from the Packers.
    MLB- Rolando McClain- Original Roster

CB-Antwan Kenny- was the 13th overall pick in the first round
    CB- Byron Jones- Original Roster
    CB- Orlando Scanrick- Original Roster
    FS- J.J. Wilcox- Original Roster
    SS- Barry Church- Original Roster

Overall the best thing I did was utilize the strong foundation already there and add in some key pieces. Ended up going 42-27 with two playoffs appearances and was 3-2 in the postseason. One NFC Championship Appearance. Never won the NFC East though.

2015- 11-5 (1-1 postseason)
    2016- 8-8
    2017- 8-8
    2018-12-4 (2-1 postseason)

• Like Like x 2
    • Awesome Content Awesome Content x 1
  10. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

Guys have been drafting well regardless of where draft position is. Can see the trend of, don't reach and you get a solid pick!