HTC Thunderbolt or IPhone 4?

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by PepperNY, Apr 25, 2011.

1. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

Its time for an upgrade with verizon and the 2 phoes that intrigue me are the iPhone 4 and the HTC Thunderbolt phone. From what I have seen there are good and bad about both.

Thunderbolt:

The Good:

4.3 inch screen
    kickstand
    NFL Mobile App via Android Marketplace
    Has a flash Player

The Bad:

The Battery sucks from what I am told, need to make sure you have a charger handy.

IPhone 4:

The Good:

The App store by Apple is 2nd to none with a bigger and better selection then the Marketplace
    Retina display
    Apps dont seem to run in background which saves the battery

The Bad:

No Flash support
    No NFL Mobile App at the App store since its exclusive to Verizon

I had an iPhone 3G a few years ago and loved it but switched to the droid due to switching carriers to Verizon. Verizon just recently got the iPhone but not having the NFL Mobile App would suck as it give syou the ability to watch live NFL Network 24/7.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

2. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

iPhone or bust

3. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Pepper after he gets his phone.........

[​IMG]

4. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

haha funny. I'm actually leaning more towards the Thunderbolt. If you have ever had the NFL mobile app you would know how great of a feature it is if your an NFL fan. My biggest issue is knowing how bad the damn battery it is. Also once you have gone up to the 4.3 inch screen which I had on my Droid X its hard to go back down to the 3.5 inch screen that the iphone has

5. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

yeah the battery sucks on the droid, but having the ability of watching the NFL network, specially on the road helps pass the time along. haven't heard 2 much on the Iphone cept what they have and don't have.

6. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Wait wait... I found a better one.

[​IMG]

7. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Wait and get the bionic, WAY BETTER than both of these

8. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

yeah the battery does suck. I had an EVO very briefly with sprint before I returned it. I would have a full charge in the morning and with not even using it much durring the day it would be dead on my way home. The iPhone I could go 2 days wothout havig to charge it

9. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

unfortunately waiting is not an option. I have been through 3 Droid X phones with a freezing issue and cant wait to get rid of this damn thing. My contract isnt up but Verizon is letting me swap this one out for another phone of my choice at the upgrade price or getting a 4th Droid X.

10. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

then go for the thunderbolt, HTC's are great

11. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

i heard iphone 4 battery is not much better. If you dont have 4G in the area then doesnt really make too much sense to get the 4G phone. The one BIG advantage is the bigger screen. I will never be able to go to the smaller screen after the Tbolt.

It is really personal preference.... Apple OS or android.

12. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

iPhone has tiny wings. =/

The battery life on the android phones are actually pretty good if you use [Advanced Task Killer] and don't have the mobile internet running the entire time you have the phone on.

13. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I have heard some bad things from my couple of co-workers that have bought the Thunderbolt so far. Very buggy and horrible battery so they took it back and went back to their prev HTC phones.

14. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

LMAO! if you just let it sit there as a paper weight

15. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

All smartphones are practically the same and it's a matter of personal preference. I have had an iPhone since they first came out and love them. You seem to have the NFL app as a pretty big priority though so you would probably regret not having it if you got the iPhone.

16. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I had the HTC EVO for about 2 months, hated it, sold it and returned to iPhone.

17. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Yup it's all bias/preference with phones. I have an iPhone and couldn't imagine using another phone (I have friends with Droids, Evos, etc. and can't help but think the iPhone is better). Basically if you don't like Mac or Apple you'll not like the iPhone, but it's personal preference.

18. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

I ended up going with the iPhone as I prefer the apple app store to the android marketplace. Also to my suprise they just released the NFL Mobile app to the apple app store last night and it works like a champ. I was suprised since its exclusive to Verizon customers but apperently they found a way so that only Verzion iPhone users can use it since it runs over their Vcast service

19. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead