Huge week 8 for lots of recruits & teams. State your case and post your predictions.

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by BRUCE80, Feb 28, 2009.

1. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Huge week 8 for lots of recruits & teams. State your case and post your predictions.

I dont know if we have had a larger week when it comes to recruiting in the Tradition to date.

Lots of big names out there with several user teams on thier lists.

I had a ton of players on my visit list this week and I know OSU did also.

We want Alphonso Crews bad and slipped to 3rd behind PSU and USC, however he was only a soft commit and our bar is nearly full and we have elite tags on his most and VH items of importance.

We may be hindered in the recruiting of him due to having a few other backs on our wish list.

We had three five star RBs in for visits in week 8, chances are we wont land them all.

Post your predictions here...

2. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

I had 14 visits this week. Predicting 5 commit, another 5 soft, and the othe 4 we already had soft commits on all sign. I'm pretty sure we lost out on crews to 1 of you 3, but I'm predicting we sign 4 star Tommy brown and steal 5 star Gerald fuller from UCLA

3. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Oregon and UCLA are in a heated battle for DE Jeremy Elimimian...he's a soft commit to UCLA as he dropped us last week.

4. jfosh

jfosh Super

Oregon continues to decimate UCLA's 2013 rercruiting class. After pulling the #1 FS Robert Cunningham (5*) and #1 CB Jerrell Heard (5*) the ducks struck again in week 8 pulling 3 off of the Bruins big board. Another CB is down Jimmy Maxwell and DE Jeremy Elimimian (5*) renigs on his verbal to UCLA the second player to do that this season. Also, 5 star ATH James Miller inked up with the Ducks. Two of Oregons latest commits Maxwell and Miller were California natives. Heard signed earlier this season also hailed from the golden gate state. Experts are shaking their heads wondering if the kids know something about the UCLA program that their trained eyes failed to pick up on. Elimimian stayed true to his Oregon roots and just couldn't make the trip south to westwood. The Ducks now stand atop of the recruiting hill with four 5 stars in the fold. Our hats are off to the Oregon staff great job on the recruiting front this season!
    Week 7....UCLA did manage to sign the number 1 overall player in the country the 3rd time in 6 years, HB Kellen Fellows had considered confrence rivals ASU and USC before deciding on the Bruins. Fellows is a do it all back that has great hands, power and acceleration but his top speed will be tested in the uber fast Tradition league.
    WK 8... WR Jason Ruffin from the bay area joined UCLA after flirting with National powers USC and Ohio St. Ruffin while only drawing a 4 star rating has elite speed clocking 4.18 in the 40 (non-wind aided).