HUM and CPU kick power

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by Hellisan, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

So I'm curious... How many guys have horrible kickers (power wise)

I was already planning on moving up kick power and accuracy for the cpu because honestly against me, they miss more than they make these days. Which is lame.

Now for humans... In some ways I don't want to reward the act of not recruiting a decent kicker. But sometimes the game doesn't have any that are interested in you. And while I don't want people using it as an excuse, I had to go for it against Mo from the 30 the other day because why would you punt from there? And my kicker had a C leg which is pretty good in these recruiting classes.

So my suggestion is that we move kick power up quite a ways ( I will do testing) to make it easier for a 60-70 leg kicker to have the distance for a 45 yarder. I just don't think it's good for the league to have lots of instances of guys getting a stop near the 30, and the guy goes for it. I was practically happy when I didn't convert on 4th down against Mo, that will just make you feel lame.

So my plan is to test sliders for increasing kick power quite a bit. Let me know what you think, and then test them to make sure you know where your guy can make it from etc.

2. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

I'm all for it. I recruited a kicker this season who was one of the top legs in the class with I believe C+, C or something like that. He's horrid.

3. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

I agree...otherwise Iowa will be going for it a lot this year. My 65 ovr kicked shanked a 25 harder and came up short on a 35 and 34 yarder with me skulling the power. I actually have a qb with like 80 kpw but it seems like the game treats him as a qb despite his leg. I tested him on a kickoff and he barely got it across midfield, no joke

4. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I can't hit from the 25 yard line and my kicker had 73 kpw lol

5. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I agree, better to up the kick power then the cheese like you did vs MO, him and I were talking about how you like to do that.

6. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

LOL--surprised we didn't see a thread. "New Rule: if your kicker sucks you should be able to go for 4th anywhere" Bill Helliceck.

[​IMG]