Hurdling

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by Wick36, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Hurdling

Pros:
    If you time it right, you'll hurdle the guy most of the time. The chance is basically higher than spin, juke, stiff arm, trucking.

Cons:
    If you mess it up really badly, you'll fumble it quite a bit.

People do it occasionally in games and such, Sam McGuffie did it all the time in high school, for example, and there's people who have done it in college, but not a whole lot.

Do you use this at all? In addition to the other methods of breaking tackles?

Would you call someone out for cheesing if it was used against you?

2. TeXasfight33

TeXasfight33 Walk On

I wouldnt call it cheese because it happens in real life it got quite popluar with Knoshawn Moreno. As for me i dont like risking it i play it safe with jucking spining etc...

3. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I've never even attempted it because I figured the results would be so disastrous. You're telling me its actually an effective way to elude people when they're coming head on?

4. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

5. Tiger_Stripes86

Tiger_Stripes86 Walk On

ya i dont think i have ever tried it but knoshown moreno was definetely the most known for it, at least of any player lately

6. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I have a highlight of Ingram hurdling... it works so well that he never lands after hurdling the first guy... he just steps on the next guy and does it again

7. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

I never try unless I'm at the goal line trying for up-n-over, or using a FB in a 4th and short. in which case i pop hurdle then grab the ball wrap up. (with gameplan set to default) I have not seen any fumbles in muy limited use, but I have had the hurdle not execute if i grab the protect ball too fast.

I do see my backs "auto-Deploy" that half hurdle where they kind of push the guys helmet down and away while hopping with both feet. but I dont know if I'm initiating that or its just one of the many break tackle animations.