1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

Hurricane Hitlist S4

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Hurricane GL, Jan 14, 2017.

1. Hurricane GL

Hurricane GL Walk On

Final Edition

My goal today was to write up another Hitlist. Instead I woke up to my "final warning" about my play style. Based on a tie game where the difference in the game was that I ran 30-ish more plays than my opponent.

The issue is my non-diversity in play calling. Not the whole game though. Just the last drive, down by 7 with less than 90 sec to go, running the hurry up. I threw too many slants. And tied the game with less than 25 sec left.

4th Q throws (down by 2 td, then 1 td)
    8 slants (5 on thr final hurry up drive)
    6 fly
    2 outs
    1 corner
    1 Post Corner
    1 in
    Sacked Twice

This apparently is not me taking the quick throws that are there and avoiding sacks, but rather a "win at all cost approach". It's clear that the expectation was for me to allow the clock to run out and take the loss, not to compete.

I was accused of not enough diversity. Just or understanding, here was the breakdown in Regulation:
    BTW...I didnt complain but here are the stats in Regulation

HOU
    12 Runs
    56 passes
    4 sacks
    3 Post (5%)
    7 drag (12%)
    4 cross (7%)
    10 slant (17%)
    2 screen (3%)
    5 flat (9%)
    2 in (3%)
    4 post-corner (7%)
    4 outs (5%)
    1 wheel (1%)
    11 flys (3 resulted in INT) (19%)
    3 hit while throwing

DEN
    15 Runs
    27 passes
    1 sack
    1 flat (3%)
    1 slant (3%)
    1 wheel (3%)
    1 Post-Corner (3%)
    1 in (3%)
    1 corner (3%)
    2 screens (7%)
    2 post (7%)
    3 flys (11%)
    5 drags (18%)
    8 outs (30%)
    1 hit while throwing

Thats 9 different routes thrown more than once to my opponents 5. My opponent, while winning, only ran the ball 3 more times than I did. I was down the majority of the game more than 1 score.

I enjoyed the he'll out of the game, my opponent obviously didn't because he didnt get that Win. But I get the warning. The final warning.

The truth is, this league has 60% solid guys. But the rest just complain about their opponents. I'm honestly tired of having to "defend" myself for playing the game. It sucks ALL the fun out. The ONLY time I have complained about an opponents play style is to demonstrate a pot vs kettle scenario. (I admit, I've complained a lot about getting Maddened).

Humorously, the only reason I own M17 is TMFL. I wanted to be a part of it. But I'm just tired of the complaining, the personal attacks, the nit-picking. I hate playing lobby players, and I know I'm not one. But I'm tired of playing the same 8 guys that just complain about every little thing (and also, ironically, none are in my division...the guys ive played the most have been the most fun with least headache).

With this, I bid TMFL farewell. Thank you Cheez Big Suge Knight Black Republican for letting me in.

Ace847 nellycuz ptsbx1 Danthraxxx GMONEY 15 bringbackjimmy charter04 Dru50 Craig and a few others, its been fun playing against you and conversing with you.

In the end, it's just not worth it. The fun of the game sucked away by all the bovine feces just doesn't add up to reason enough to stay.

Adios

• Awesome Content Awesome Content x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. QuietStorm

QuietStorm TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

I was expecting a hit list not a court defense. Either way I understand your position best of luck in the future.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

Sorry to hear you're leaving and bummed to not have that hit list...

Couldn't you just defend yourself with stats to commish and move forward? I figure complaints and warnings are all just to document potential issues and serve as reminders and notify you that your opponent felt slighted.

However, When you say final warning it sounds like there has been other complaints... is it possible that there is some validity in any of the complaints if there have been more than one? I haven't complained about you or anyone else for that matter but if someone had an issue maybe there's something to it especially if there's been more than one...

Either way, good playing with ya and getting to know you. Your hitlist context was one of the best pieces in TMFL over the years. And our playoff matchups have been memorable. I'll just include what I know you were gonna say in the HL... San Diego will win the AFC West... Again!

• Like Like x 1
  4. hskr8128

hskr8128 Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Good riddance bro. In my 4 cycles in TMFL I have filed 3 "official" complaints, 2 of those were against you. Whats that tell you?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. charter04

charter04 Walk On

Well. That wasn't the Hitlist I expected. More a like a parting shots list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. publik drunk

publik drunk King of the East

You validated soo many things with this post but none of the things you were aiming for. You have been a solid member in the league and your content is second to none. My personal opinion has always been you don't handle feedback well and turn defensive. I don't know the complete circumstances involving this game but I would tend to believe any complaints you have received have had some merit. The games are long enough and it is no fun playing someone who passes 75% of the time winning or losing. I'm not one to usually criticize another user publicly but considering you just called out, in your words, 40% of the league that aren't "solid guys" I believe it's warranted. I really will miss some of the things you have done for TMFL, especially content wise, but if you are not willing to take criticism and cry out publicly with a "woe is me" approach when faced with it then it's probably the best you move on. Good luck in the future.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

You're right... It's no fun to play someone who passes 75 percent of time.

Hurricane was, by his own admission, at 82 percent through regulation. In ot, his attempts ballooned to a ludicrous 69 throws.

I don't fault hskr8128 here at all. Quite the opposite, actually. I commend him for taking a stand here. Everyone in the league should.

8. QuietStorm

QuietStorm TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

We're all done here, too late to throw jabs, lets get back to football ..

• Like Like x 2