Hurricane Recruits 2010

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Masler, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

Hurricane Recruits 2010

Here you will find all of the recruits Miami gets in 2010.

2. Masler

Masler Moderator

In-state :4stars: DE Donald Fuller has announced he will play college ball with the Hurricanes of Miami Week 7. This kid has some good strength and good block shedding skills. He is a little weak on tackling but a good year of training and some decent PT ought to work those kinks out. A press conference was held on this recruit..

Coach Masler was asked what he thought of this recruit.

"I went to a couple of his high school games and he's got the ability to get in the back field and disrupt plays. His tackling does need some work but a good amount of practice can work that out. I can see this kid being the back bone of our defense in a couple of years."

The recruit was asked what he thought of Miami.

"I grew up watching Miami and their killer defense. I know they aren't having the greatest season now but that hasn't changed my impression of them. All I can hope is to join the ranks of great defensive players such as Ed Reed and Ray Lewis. So just maybe Coach can find me a spot on that starting team."

3. Masler

Masler Moderator

Miami finally snags their second recruit after a dismal season. At least some out there are still Hurricane faithful.

:4stars: SS Aaron Tyler from Liberty, TX joined the team today. He's 6'2" and has some decent skills. Although he is quite slow he was built to be a Hard Hitter. With B Hit Power and B+ Zone Coverage he will definetely be a threat in the future of the Miami secondary. Other beneficial attributes are C+ Tackle, B- Catch, B Jump, B Accel, B Block Shed, C+ Man Cvg, C+ Press, C+ Strength and C+ Pursuit. I expect this guy to come in in the high 70s, possibly low 80s. But who knows with recruiting being so different this year.

Coach Masler reported: "I don't seem him starting his first year but he will see the field. How else do I improve his low areas? From the films I've seen this kid can deliver a hit, but if he over tackles he often finds himself on the ground while the ball carrier runs by. This will easily be fixed while some PT every week. I've also seen him jump pretty high and got the occasional INT. Overall, he will be a good addition."

The recruit was asked to make a comment as well:

"I was invited to was Miami play Maryland. Even though their season isn't going as good as others. After seeing how well they played vs Maryland and seeing their great campus I decided it was time for a change of scenery from the plains of Texas. I can't wait to suit up on Saturdays!"

4. Masler

Masler Moderator

Miami pulls in two recruits Week 12

:2stars: P C. Hopkins
    :3stars: ATH C. Brant