Hurricane Watch 2015

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Bucs, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

2015 MIAMI HURRICANES
    [​IMG]

Career Totals

Win-Loss: 58-19
    Winning Seasons 5
    Longest Win Streak 9
    Record vs top 25 11-16
    Record vs Rivals 11-7
    Bowl Record 4-1
    Conference Titles 1

2. Bucs

CANES RECRUITING NEWS

[​IMG]

#
    COMMITTED

1 (***) LE Rob Hobbs has committed to Miami
    2 (***) HB John Paul Walden has committed to Miami
    3 (****) LG Jimmy Walton has committed to Miami
    4 (****) HB Adam McCormick has committed to Miami
    5 (****) WR Justin Sims has committed to Miami
    6 (****) TE Kyle Gandy has committed to Miami
    7 (****) C Andrew Brooks has committed to Miami
    8 (***) CB Jason Smart has committed to Miami
    9 (****) SS Sheldon Scott has committed to Miami
    10 (***) C Matt Williams has committed to Miami
    11 (***) LT Travis Barnes has committed to Miami
    12 (***) RG Andy Thomas has committed to Miami
    13 (***) MLB Jameel Porter has committed to Miami
    14 (***) DT Andrew Kerr has committed to Miami
    15 (***) CB David Smith has committed to Miami
    16 (***) RE Josh Barber has committed to Miami

3. Bucs

2015 SCHEDULE
    [​IMG]

1-BYE
    2-W vs #9 Nebraska 19-7
    3-L @ #13 Clemson 24-31(sim loss)
    4-W @ #5 Florida State 30-28
    5-W @ #3 Georgia(xUGAx Bud Light) 30-24
    6- W vs Duke 52-0
    7-W vs Maryland 30-3 (Gh0st2o2)
    8- W vs Georgia Tech 31-3
    9- W @ North Carolina 26-7
    10- W @Virginia Tech 45-14
    11- Bye
    12-W @ Oklahoma State 35-10
    13-W vs Virginia 30-23
    14-W Vs Illinois 31-7
    15- BYE
    ACC Championship- L vs Clemson 38-36
    Bowl Week- Win vs Tennessee 25-24 (Chik-Fil-A Bowl)

4. Bucs

HURRICANE DEPTH CHART/ROSTER
    [​IMG]
    Offense
    [​IMG]
    Defense
    [​IMG]
    Special Teams
    [​IMG]

5. Bucs

WEEK 2
    Gonna be a TOUGH year for me if this is any indication. My QB is wildly inaccurate but he is the best option at the moment. My Run game with the HB's couldnt get going, but im hoping thats because Nebraska has great run defense. Defensively I was alright, got a couple sacks, a few picks, and a fumble return or two. If i can get just a little bit of consistency in the passing game and my defense plays like it did I should eek out 8 or 9 wins.
    [​IMG]

6. Bucs

Week 4
    Miami Steals one on the road vs Hated Rival
    Miami came to Doak Campbell looking to bounce back from its sim loss to Clemson. Florida State looked good this year but after losing its coach Miami was looking to capitalize. The Canes came out fast and took a 27-7 lead going into the half with two scoring strikes from QB Andrew Hawkins, including one in which the wideout caught the ball near the pylon, got it knocked out of his hands and caught it again as he was falling for the touchdown. (unfortunately I cant save any highlights as I am not using my own XBOX so my online code isnt working).
    In the second half the Noles came to life scoring 21 points in the 3rd quarter including an option pitch interception to give them the 28-27 lead headed into the 4th. The Cane defense finally stiffened up in the 4th and was able to stop the bleeding. They got an interception in the redzone and got the ball back to the Offense. With about 3 or 4 minutes left on the clock The Canes found a running game and drove from about the 10 yard line all the way into FG range mostly through the use of the ground game.
    Finally with 4 seconds left on the clock after being iced by the Noles, Kicker Aaron Bell cemented his place in Hurricane-Seminole Rivalry lore by kicking an off center 35 yard FG as time expired to give the Canes the W.
    [​IMG]

7. Bucs

Week 5
    The Hurricanes went to Athens Georgia to face their second top 5 opponent in as many weeks. The Canes forced a fumble on the opening kickoff to get the ball and held the momentum for pretty much the rest of the way. The Canes controlled the clock running the ball 40 times with an average of 4.0 yards per, but the Bulldog defense repeatedly stiffened up and force FGs.
    In the second half The Bulldogs made a run but the Canes did just enough to sneak out with the win and now host DUKE next
    week.
    [​IMG]

8. Bucs

Week 6
    The U played its best game of the season and probably the best game of Coach Bucsfan047's Career. They dominated Duke in every facet of the game. QB Andrew Hawkins went 7-12 for 130 yards and 1 TD before being pulled at the half. The Canes run game was unstoppable as 4 different players scored on the ground and 2 different players went over 100 yards.
    Defensively the Canes forced 4 interceptions and a forced fumble. Sophmore ROLB George Freeman roamed the field and got 9 tackles with 3 for a loss. The defense kept the Duke offense out of the endzone and secured the shut out.
    After the game QB Andrew Hawkins said "We gained alot of momentum in the past couple weeks and we played really well today, this team knows that they did not belong on the field with us."
    [​IMG]

9. Bucs

Week 7
    Miami faced off against Maryland and their new coach today a little unsure of what to expect from the new Terps. Once they hit the field Miami's athleticism showed up and The Run game dominated the day. The Canes carried the ball 48 times and averaged 5 yards per carry, Dominating the line of scrimmage and the time of possession. After being up 30-3 at the end of the third the Canes went in to Chew the clock mode and the Terps didnt see the ball for the ENTIRE forth quarter.
    The Canes did not come away unscathed though as they lost the starting HB in an already thin running Corps Aaron Stone for 7 weeks and they lost the starting Fullback for 4 weeks!
    [​IMG]

10. Bucs

Week 8
    Miami went to Georgia Tech and kicked the Yellow Jackets teeth in. The Defense held Georgia Tech under 100 yards rushing and 100 yards
    passing. The Canes continue their win streak and it looks as if they will dominate the Coastal Division this year if they keep playing like they are. Ken Wyatt had a good game and filled in well for injured HB Aaron Stone
    [​IMG]

11. Bucs

Week 9
    The Canes looked crisp and sharp in this key game against the Tar Heels who trailed just behind the Canes in the Atlantic Standings. Prior to the game due to the loss of yet another RB for the Canes Coach Bucsfan urged Athletic QB Andrew Hawkins to be more assertive with his legs and he did just that, running for 67 yards and a TD on the day to go along with is 215 Yards through the air. Kicker AAron Bell was the backbone of the day though as he kicked it through the uprights 4 times. Next the Canes Get ready for Georgia Tech.
    [​IMG]

12. Bucs

Week 10
    The Canes served up Hokie tonight in Blacksburg. It looked as if it was going to be a close one as the score at the end of the first was 14 all. Then the second quarter came and the Canes put up 17 unanswered points and took away all the momentum from the Hokies. The defense would pick
    off the Hokies 3 times on the day. They are playing as a team and looking strong headed into the bye week where they prepare for their last 3 game run before the ACC Title game hopefully.
    [​IMG]

13. Bucs

Week 11
    BYE WEEK PRESS CONFERENCE
    What are the Canes doing over the bye week:
    Well we had a nice week of practice, fine tuned some things in our 4-2-5 defense that we've been running for the past few years. This is our first bye week since week 1 so we have not had as much time to teach some of the younger guys all the nuances but they have performed well given the circumstances. We've got the #4 Ranked defense in the country but there are still things we need to improve upon and this time off helped I think.Offensively to have the #5 rushing attack with our two best backs injured for a majority of the year says a ton about the resilience of the offense and the hard work by the O Line. Our QB needs to cut back on his INT's and up his play making ability through the air though to make himself a real dual threat.
    Can you talk to us a little bit about the Injuries and the timeline for recovery for some of those guys?
    Well our biggest loss was our starting HB Aaron Stone who was off to a good start for the year he has an upper extremity injury and should be back in 3-4 weeks just in time for the ACC Championship or Bowl Game. We also lost Stone's understudy in Redshirt Freshmen Ken Wyatt, he was actually a little better YPC wise than Stone and was looking good then we lost him for the year to an upper-extremity injury, add those two losses with the loss of our starting FB for 4 weeks during the year and you can see why im proud of my run game this year. Defensively we lost our starting RE Brian Davis early in the season to a lower extremity injury, but Corey Jacobs filled in spectacularly and leads the ACC in sacks, we are having serious discussions about whether Davis will get his starting spot back or not, which is tough because he is a great kid and has worked hard for us for 3 years.
    Many experts didn't predict you guys making a ton of noise this year based off of some graduating players from last year and your performance last year, how do you feel you all are doing?
    Its no secret that the expectations from the community for us is National Title. Its also no secret that we haven't had one in awhile, Ive only coached in one in my time here where we gave Ohio St a run for their money, but came up short. I feel we are headed in the right direction, we have quality hard working guys here. Look at our schedule At Clemson, At Florida State, At Georgia, At North Carolina, At V Tech, Home vs Nebraska, if you would have told me at the beginning of the year we would come away from those games with only 1 loss I would have told you about some swampland I had for sale in the everglades. It may not be this year but I do see us returning as a serious National Contender in the near future.
    You guys are in the drivers seat for the ACC Champ game, any comments on the race?
    We can only control what we can control, we are gonna play our games and let things fall where they may.
    Florida State is your likely opponent with their win over Clemson today, does that make it more serious?
    There have been a ton of coaching changes at FSU this seasons yet they still only have one loss, that says a hell of a lot about those kids up there. We got out of there with a win early in the year but it was a tough win. Whenever our schools get together you know your in for a hard hitting, unpredictable football game. If we see them again this year we will be ready and they will be ready that you can count on.
    Recruiting wise Miami has not been the destination for a lot of 5 stars lately, whats going on on the recruiting trail?
    Im happy with the guys that we have gotten, Our staff has a top 25 class pretty much every year that I've been here which is more than most schools could ask for. We are getting 80-90 percent of the guys that we go after and we are getting quality guys who WANT to be Miami Hurricanes. Its not about stars as much as it is about scheme and finding guys that fit your scheme, that work hard in the classroom, weight room, field and community and finding guys that you can coach up.
    Thank you for your time coach, any parting words?
    I just want to thank NCAA Commissioner @xUGAx Bulldog34 for the fantastic job he has done with the league after being thrust into the job on short notice. I really feel like these changes are for the better, and to the rest of the league, good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

15. Bucs

Week 12

Miami hosted Oklahoma State eliminated their offense. Aaron Bell continues his good season as a vital part of The Canes as he finished the day with 4 field goals the longest coming from 48. The Canes keep their win streak alive and are one game closer to the ACC Championship.

Week 12.JPG

16. Bucs

Week 13

Miami went down early to Virginia 14 to nothing and it looked as if there was an upset on their hands. They kept plugging away and chipping away and eventually were able to come away with the 7 point victory. HB Chris Barnes finished the day with 3 touchdowns, by far his best performance of the year, the Canes have shown talent at the RB position despite the fact that they lack depth. Someone always steps in and is able to carry the load.

Week 13.JPG

17. Bucs

Week 14

The Canes finished up their regular season with a romp of Illinois, Andrew Hawkins was a killer with his legs and got two rushing TDs. A nice warm up for the ACC Championship game.

Week 14.JPG

18. Bucs

ACC Championship

Miami went up big early in this match up but was unable to stop the Clemson attack in the 2nd half. They simply couldnt make enough plays on either side of the ball and it was a disappointing loss. They fought hard to the end though and now head into bowl week wondering what could have been.

ACC Championship.JPG

19. Bucs

Chick-Fil-A Bowl

The Canes came in and underestimate this Tennessee squad and it almost cost them, but a comeback in the 2nd half of the 4th quarter allowed them to come away with the victory. Coach Bucsfan047 is proud of his team for a good solid year when honestly the talent wasnt as good as it should have been. With another year under their belt some key components returning the Canes hope to get back to the ACC championship and a major bowl next year.

Chick Fil A Bowl.JPG

20. Bucs

Offensive Player of the Year: Senior WR Kyle Bright 56 Rec, 958 Yds, 5 tds

Defensive Player of the Year: Senior SS Patrick Hendrix 69 Tackles, 15 TFL, 3.5 Sacks, 3 INTs, 9 Defl, 1 FF, 4 FR

Special Teams Player of the Year: Junior (RS) K Aaron Bell 31-34 FG, 47-47 XP

Freshmen of the Year: HB Ken Wyatt 102 Attmpts, 482 Yards, 4.7 AVG 3 Tds