Hurry Up Computers

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by UofCWildcat, Jan 9, 2012.

1. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Is it just me or does everyone get very upset/pissed off when they play a hurry up offense computer? I get absolutely infuriated because i feel like the computer is cheating like crazy audibling on your audibles. And the fact they can go 4 WR 1 TE and then go to a two TE with a FB set on me and the WRs block as if they are FBs is ridiculous.

2. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I've seen most people complain about the CPU hurry up, but I honestly have no problems with it at all. The biggest issues I see with it hurt the CPU and I haven't seen anything that they do that puts me at a disadvantage. The closest I've seen to this was when I had to use my temp GT so I didn't have my custom pb and had to use the base 3-4. This was definitely a pain in the ass because I didn't know where the plays were and didn't have time to find the plays I wanted sometimes. In my custom PB, I have my formations in an intelligible order and I have all of my plays withing those sorted intelligibly so I always have the formation I want and exactly the play I want called in time and wait for the CPU to get set. Without knowing where the plays were, I couldn't do this with the base pb.

As far as audbiling goes, this has nothing to do with the hurry up as the CPU always does this (and, of course, it's the most blatant when they're on defense). Really, the only issues I have with it is when they hurt themselves by having WRs @ FB (which does hurt them from what I've seen) or, far worse, when they wildcat and then hurry up to a normal play with their noodle armed HB taking the snap. Easily the worst I've seen was a fake punt -> hurry up with the punter @ QB and most likely defensive guys spread throughout their entire formation.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  3. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    In my experience the CPU WR playing FB or TE get super blocking abilities when the CPU no huddles and they are forced into a blocking roll. ND is a pain the ass with this b/c their WR from four wide to two TE sets and then play smash mouth for a couple then back to four wides. Playing the 4-2-5 has helped me be more versatile with my ability to defend against it.

So yes UofC I feel your pain

4. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

I'm with Suge. The two things that bother me are the cheese seen when:

1 - the cpu goes from 4 wide to I-tight and get WR's at TE and FB.

2 - the speed is too fast (but this is for users too). I've argued before even the fastest no huddle teams in the nation still don't get the ball snapped until there's around 20-23 seconds on the playclock.