Hurry up Offense -

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by Lee.Flex, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

Hurry up Offense -

Had an idea while I was reading over the "EA wants idea's" thread. Here is what I was thinking needs to be implemented.

[​IMG]

A true, no cheese, no huddle, hurry up offense. You get back to the line of scrimmage, and on the bottom of the screen it shows you a number of plays from your last formation. You can select one of those plays.

The Defense will have a similar option.... just imagine the above image with defensive plays inserted at the bottom.

There should also be a similar option for the spread option offense. Im not sure if anyone has seen a Duck game latley, but they use a no huddle, zone read scheme option offense. Although they are no huddle, they are not always hurry up. They take some time, allowing for formations sub's, ect.

I think a system like that will work much better than the audible system we have now.... I believe since the plays are from the same set it will cut down on cheese, and allow online dynasty's from all over to finally get rid of the "No Hurry Up" rule...... so a user like me, that lives Oregon Duck football... can finally play Oregon Duck Football.

2. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

Wow thats pretty good

3. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I would love to be able to run a true college no huddle offense, complete with subs and everything. Michigan also never, ever calls any huddles and I'd love to be able to do that in the game. If it's in the game.... and what not.

4. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

EA doesn't actually want to put in the time and money to implement the no huddle spread offense, they just want it to look like they did. That's why their willing to put in the player animation where they turn and look to the sideline for the play but there's been no thought about this.

I'm sure all of us have had the thought of this style of offense/option for a couple years now. I don't think it's even crossed EA's mind.

They're still trying to figure out what's more important to the gamers, the Mascot games or road to glory.....

5. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    QFT

If EA would just hire me to be in charge of NCAA/Madden, all would be well.:)

6. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

definately mascot games

7. Rudy

Rudy Pumped for NCAA 11

They definitely need to add accelerated clock next year to improve the time management aspect. That would be nice.

I like Lee.Flex's original idea of allowing the user to call more plays at the line of scrimmage from your audibles. The 2K game used to have a really nice audible setup by formation where you could actually see the plays you pick rather than have to resort to memory. I'd like to see an 8 play audible system like that. I'd also like to see fatigue increased to reflect some of the no huddle effects.

8. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

The fatigue in the no huddle is already really, really ridiculous. If I'm in a 5WR no huddle (my most common formation for no huddle) in only takes 2 or 3 plays in a row before my guys are really gassed. If I ran 3 plays and had an incompletion and had to go back to the huddle, my next 5 WR play will have freakin' CBs on the field since my WRs are too tired to come back.

9. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

The entire audible theory is jacked up! You never see a college QB at the line audible into a different formation. You can't do it because you have a package on the field. The only audible is to a different play from the same formation.

Therefore, the entire audible system should be setup that way. When you audible, a screen should pop up on the bottom that slides horizontally and you should be able to pick from the entire playbook of that formation. How EA hasn't thought of that I have no idea!

10. jca312

jca312 Walk On

That should definitely be implemented. It's how a lot of these spread teams run their offenses now and I also agree that the current audible system is horrible.

11. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I usually make all of my audibles from the same formation. Or my audible is the same play just in different formations.

Also, if I have to run the two minute drill I pause the game and set up some audibles out of 5 wide and other passing formations.

but yes, needs to be revised

12. Huronia8

Huronia8 Walk On

That idea is amazing. However they need to include man lock which was in the old madden games so the D wasn't at a huge disadvantage in this, otherwise there would be some clear tell signs of what the defense was in.