Hurry Up Rules

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by GoGators, Dec 23, 2010.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Has this ever been discussed? I'm thinking about going to the uptempo quack attack next season but wanted to find out what the rules/guidelines would be on its use in this league.

Just for clarification, I'm asking about using it all game long instead of just the two minute drill.

2. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

When I ran it I never no huddled after an incomplete pass and I never hurried my guys to the line by holding down the button (A?). I also didn't use the aggressive tempo (which would hurt you more anyway as your guys would get exhausted very quickly). Other than that I no huddled every play except for when I wanted to change personnel. I also didn't get stupid with the formations like calling a 5 wide play and then no huddling to a 2 wide formation.

3. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I agree with what Jello posted. As long as you're respectful and sim with it, I'm cool with it.

4. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Ok so you did run it. I thought you did but wasn't sure. So a precedent has been set. I go no huddle in the Deuce with an air raid offense using Missouri.

The guidelines I follow in the deuce are:

1. Realistic pace - like Jello pointed out, no holding "A" or using aggressive gameplan. I try not to snap it until the play clock hits 25 to keep it more realistic.

2. No changing formations downward - If I come out with 4 WRs and a HB, I ca not go to a formation by no huddling that would put one of the WRs at TE. However I can audible up where a TE would move to the slot.

3. Huddle after incomplete passes.

These sound like the same things Jello was doing so it should be good to go then. Thanks for the input Jello.