Hurrying to the LOS on Offense.

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by mmorgan184, Sep 25, 2011.

1. mmorgan184

mmorgan184 Walk On

How do you guys feel about this? Do you think it should be allowed to do every play all game to keep the defense from setting up properly? I am personally against it, and while I see the uses for it when trying to catch a defense off guard, I don't feel in a community like this it should be allowed for every single play during the game. Thoughts?

2. sibellius

sibellius Too legit to quit

I agree with the rule.

3. mmorgan184

mmorgan184 Walk On

Ok I guess I needed that clarification. I gave up a few big plays against the Cowboys because he was hurrying to the line every play and I wasn't able to make some proper adjustments. I am not making an excuse for him beating me, he would have beat me regardless he was having a tremendous game, but it was a little frustrating to say the least.

4. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

I think he means after you select a play, holding "A" makes the offense hurry up to the line instead of just letting them walk to the line...

5. sibellius

sibellius Too legit to quit

My bad....sorry. I guess I've never heard of this being an issue. If he's making adjustments and then snapping before you can do anything with the defense thats one thing but otherwise I think we really shouldn't be making a ton of defensive pre-snap adjustments anyways. I'll shift my d-line or audible an LB or two but anything more then that would make me suspicious of someone trying to set up a nano.

6. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

How many pre snap adjustments are you trying to make because I have never heard of this being an issue.

7. Jason T.

Jason T. Walk On

I did it against the CPU just to get more plays in since I was chewing up the clock. Shouldn't be an issue however.

8. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

You can do that? Lol. This is what happens when they put the Manual IN the game and not in the box lol

9. KnightNoles

ummm, I think it has been in the game since I was a little boy...

[​IMG]

10. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

so that means... madden 11?

11. KnightNoles

[​IMG]

Bad joke

12. mmorgan184

mmorgan184 Walk On

Well, by the time someone hurries their offense to the line and quick snaps it, I have time to maybe audible two guys or make sure my defense matches up properly with the offensive set. I just don't think that in a sim community we should condone this action since it puts the defense at an unfair advantage. There is no way to make your defense hurry to the line.

13. JSimms

JSimms TLY Season 1 Champs!

This is a necessity for the offense for the same reason...once you pick your offensive play, it usually runs the clock down to 12 or 15 seconds (can't remember which.) If the offense waits until the team walks up to the line, they only have 8 to 10 seconds to make their own adjustments. Sounds like a catch-22 to me; definitely not something we should make a rule for. FYI - I just played the Cowboys and had zero issues from a defensive standpoint (held them to 152 total offensive yards including 3 INT's and less than 40 yards rushing.)

14. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

would you like me to wait until there is 1 sec on the playclock? i snapped the ball with 7-9 left on the clock..pick a play run it. if you have to make more than 2 hots you obviously pick the wrong play to begin with..

• Like Like x 1
  15. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

I am with the masses on this one. I feel that there is limited time for the offense as it is once you are at the line diue to the clock runoff.

It is a cat and mouse game. Should the Defense be the only one that adjusts the play? Say you audible to a different defense, this does not allow time for the offense to hot route/audible because he is left with minimal time to hike the ball because he walked to the line.

16. f4cekha0s_OLD

f4cekha0s_OLD Banned

hurrying to the line has never been a banned practice in any madden game, league, or tourney to my knowledge.

17. hoppedupford

hoppedupford Walk On

There is nothing wrong with hurring to the line or quick snapping. You can only have so many rules.