Huskie Mailbag with Jerry Bumpers

Discussion in 'Zeros to Heroes' started by the_rhinoceros, Oct 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the_rhinoceros

the_rhinoceros Walk On

Huskie Mailbag with Jerry Bumpers

Every Sunday night at 2 AM, live from the Rising Sun Massage Parlor five miles outside DeKalb, Jerry "the Rhinoceros" Bumpers will answer your questions about Northern Illinois football, catfish noodling and other important worldly topics. Join us here for Huskie Mailbag with Jerry Bumpers.

2. the_rhinoceros

the_rhinoceros Walk On

2011 Huskie Highlights

11-3 record
    MAC Champions
    Little Ceasar's Pizza Bowl (loss to Illinois)
    Coach of the Year Award
    Final ranking: 41st

2012 Huskie Highlights
    Preseason ranking: 63

3. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

lol i think that's the first time I ever heard "catfish noodling"

4. the_rhinoceros

the_rhinoceros Walk On

Week One Mailbag

Burt from Maple Park asks: "How do you feel about the Huskies' preseason ranking of 63rd in the nation? And how do you maintain such a nice head of hair?"

"Well, Burt, I'll tell you. There's only one pole I care about and that's the one betwixt my knees. Our goal is to kick butts. Plain and simple. I don't give a good golldang if a bunch of pastey-faced mathletes want to spend their Sundays calculating algorithms to rank football clubs. On Saturdays we kick fannies on the gridiron. And on Sundays I'll be here at the parlor formulating a plan to kick the next fanny on our schedule. And, if Jeff Sagarin and his band of pockmarked virgin nerds think we're only the 61st best club in the nation, well you tell him to come on down to the Rising Sun Massage Parlor five miles outside of DeKalb on Route 38 any Sunday between the hours of supper and 4am, and I'll give him a BCS class butt kicking he won't soon forget or my name's not Jerry "the Rhinoceros" Bumpers.

As for my robust silvery hair, Burt. I got two words for you: Giant Tub of Crisco Shortening. That's all for this week, sports fans. Jerry Bumpers, over and out."

5. the_rhinoceros

the_rhinoceros Walk On

2012 Huskie Highlights

10-4 record
    MAC Champs
    Won Little Caesar's Pizza Bowl (Notre Dame 25-24)

Preseason Rank: 63
    Final Rank: 24 (Media)

Freshman All-Americans:
    HB Mike McKinney
    CB Fred Sparks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.