Huskies avoid late tip drill to win by a touchdown, 31-24

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Hellisan, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Let's get this point out of the way and that is... I've noticed that my team can either make it very hard for me to lose, or very hard to win depending on how they play.. Sometimes in between, like it's up to my skill level.

And then second point out of the way is I don't really know how this stuff is supposed to go when you disconnect. Do you just play and never give any points? I played with BBJ and I think we were in the third quarter that last time and I had a decent lead when the disco happened and we just played it. Are we just not doing that stuff anymore where you give points? I think for next year we need a league vote.

I ask this because I have never once had a game disconnect when I was down WITHOUT giving up points somehow. People always insisted on getting their points. I've never got any. We need to figure this out.

Now this last game against Rhude I had a 14-0 lead and he was driving (so let's say 14-3 or 14-7) and it disconnected. My team seemed quick. Strong. Into the game. Honestly I felt very comfortable with my chances.

Disconnect

Team is fucking SLOW as fuck. My running back gets hurt. We can't open any holes. Just fucking ugly. I got sacked 5 times and it probably should have been 7-8. Fuck. Total dogfight all game.

Well, before my running back hurt he ran into a pile (since we can't open any holes) spun out of a couple tackles and then powered/sped his way for a 62-yard run. Illinois tied the game with a nice drive resulting in a 1-yard dive.

The teams traded field goals as the defenses stepped up late, so it was 10-10. Before the end of the third quarter, Greg Baker got about a second and a half of protection and found JR Arnold for a 28-yard touchdown to give us a 17-10 lead at halftime.

The only scoring in the third quarter was when Illinois tied the game up with an 8-yard touchdown pass, 17-17. My guys just weren't reacting in this game and they were usually not in the right spot. I know this happens to everybody but sheesh REACH OUT AN ARM FOR THE BALL! On the actual touchdown play the guy was wide open though.

We regained the lead early in the 4th on a 21-yard pass from Baker to his favorite target, E.J. Webster. Webster got some nice separation and tracked down a nice throw then powered in. The Illini struck back with a 30-yard pass to a guy that looked covered to me but we just again had no reaction to the ball. this would not have happened in that first game.

Luckily unlike yesterday we were in position to have the ball last in this game. We pushed slowly toward midfield. Once we crossed midfield the Illini forced us into a 4th and 1 on their 42 yard line. I didn't have time for OT which was the best case scenario if I punt with 1:00 remaining. Go for it and get the win or lose... I was o.k. with losing to get it over with. Daniel found a hole on a nicely blocked power run. We still weren't in field goal range until Baker found Greg McAfee for a 30-yard gain all the way down to the 3 yard line. We scored on the next play when we were trying to make sure the ball was centered for the iced field goal try.

With 6 seconds to go Illinois got the ball back and threw up a prayer. It was almost answered as the ball was tipped and an Illini WR was the only one with a chance to grab it. However it dropped to the turf and the UW Huskies now get through the first couple of tests and get a few cpu games before going back to the user game grind.

2. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

Up until this game only the cpu has done that move against me.....how the hell did you do that? Every time I try it my guy just spins in place like a top and either goes down or fumbles....I gave up trying to do it

I got some highlights when I get a chance I'll edit the game film and upload it

3. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

He probably wasnt controlling him.....letting the cpu run for him. :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  4. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Sounds like a good close game.

5. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Just a lucky run. I think it was a right stick move.

6. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

BTW... Rhude, I know it's nitpicking and I'm happy just to get a win against you but could you believe my lack of stick control that 2nd game? I don't think I made a single tackle with the middle linebacker. I think your shifty running had something to do with that but wow I wasn't even close with a few of those.

7. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

The Huskies going for a run at the Title for the second time........The UCLA game will be EPIC!!!

8. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

I didn't really notice, I was too busy wondering throughout the game if I'll ever stop anybody when I need to before NCAA 12 comes out

9. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

u probably wont be stopping anyone.....defense is hard enough but when your players are under par....it is near impossible.

I noticed while I was doing the Illinois video there were tons of guys open....your LBs were getting fooled over and over again.

10. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I do think that ratings really matter this season, if you can find a LB who is really good at zone coverage and he has some height, you can stick him in under zones and they can really do a great job of taking away a ton of the crosses and ins. I havent had great LBs in this game but I think Cal has fantastic big coverage backers and they make running zone D's way more effective.

I have had great CBs and to Bryans point you never know what your going to get performance wise outta your team, at times my guys cant be beat and others they are like two star juco transfers..

11. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

@Hellisan @ Bruce80 @jms493

Yeah good points.....I'm not going to have time to get the pieces I really like, but I've enjoyed playing you fellas again after the hiatus

Helli traditionally has given me probs, he's like some kind of mad scientist on offense against me

12. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

He has won the most championships here besides (6) MO therefore it is not just against you.....that is why we just turn our backs when he bitches...hehe.

13. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

Damn 6? Helli putting in that work....

14. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

LOL well that is all time.

I have 1 this year.

15. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    LOL at Bruce not having good LB's. You have the niners right now NFL pros. You wanna see LB's who aren't good, check mines.