Huskies knock around Stanford, 38-23

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Hellisan, May 6, 2011.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

This was one of those "not as close as the final score would indicate" games as we played incredible in the trenches and just overpowered Stanford in this game.

The first quarter contained a grand total of two drives. We took four minutes to go down and kick a field goal. On 4th and 2 we called a play but then decided against it as we just wanted to build momentum (or at least not lose it all) so we called timeout and kicked a FG.

Stanford did the opposite, just after the first quarter ended they threw a quick touchdown to the WR on 4th and short, to take a 7-3 lead. They wouldn't visit the end zone again until garbage time.

The Washington offense was hitting on all cylinders in this game and seemed to do well getting a hat on a hat all game. On the other side of the ball, we got 5 sacks and routinely got a great push on short downs against the run.

We picked up the pace with a couple of quick passes before Kelly Haynes broke off a nifty 40-yard run to give us a 10-3 lead. Haynes found room to the outside, then burst through one tackle attempt before ducking under another guy on an impressive looking run that I wish I could have saved. We then did some good work on defense, forcing a punt then rammed it back down the field for another touchdown to make it 17-7.

Haynes got his 3rd touchdown of the game in the third quarter after we blunted Stanford's opening possession to start the second half. Haynes' 4th touchdown of the game pissed off the Cardinal because it came on 3rd and goal from the 6, they were surely thinking pass and the blocking just created a lane the size of a bowling alley. That one made it 31-7 and put the game away for us.

We got a litte aggressive and went for a pick on a play where we should have tried to bat it down, and Jon Johnson made us pay for a 74-yard touchdown to make it 31-15 after a 2-pt. conversion. We were ready for another trip down the field which ended with Haynes' 5th and final touchdown on the game. Haynes was the player of the game with 17 car, 103 yards, 5 TD, and also had 41 yards on 3 receptions.

Freshman DT Chris Williams led the defense with two huge sacks, Stanford just didn't have anybody strong enough to control him inside. It's nice having some dangerous weapons outside now too. Justin Rouse drew double teams for much of the game, so JR Arnold caught 8 passes for 142 yards. Rouse chipped in with 4 for 74, and EJ Webster caught 2 for 42. It was a great performance for the freshman QB Carlos Green, on the road.

GG BBJ.

edit: @bringbackjimmy

.... That punt return where we had a clipping penalty... Wasn't that sweet? I thought we were gonna get a TD there for a second, dude was shaking fools! lol

2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

BBJ needs to get out of Hellisan's division

3. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

4. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    BBJ won 3 in a row in the deuce. Suck it haters!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I'm not having it quitter