I am bowing out...

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by NYJuggalo45, Jul 12, 2010.

1. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

I am bowing out...

As much as this pains me to say....I think my days of being a diehard gamer are over. Helli pointed it out to me last week when we were talking and sadly I think he is right.

Usually today would be a day that I would be calling places to see if they got the game early and start fake coughing at work preparing for the sick day I was going to use tomorrow. Not anymore. I still do like playing video games, but I guess in the past year or so my passion for them has slowly disappeared.

I'm sure I will pick up the game, and I'm sure I would be gung ho about it when the league started. But I'm also sure that after a week or 2, I would slowly and steadily become less and less interested until I got to the point where I bailed on you guys again. Not something I want to do, wasn't cool last year, would be less cool to have a repeat performance.

So I think it is time for me to bow out of the online dynasty world. I'm a much more casual gamer these days. Playing a game of Fifa here and there or a quick round of golf or something like that. Not a hour-2 hour daily dedicated player like you really need to be to play in the league.

As gay as this will sound, I really want to thank you guys for the past few years. I can honestly say, in my 20-25 or so years of playing video games, going back to the days of stealing money from my mom's wallet to go to the arcade and Zaxxon on Collecto, I have never had more fun than the past 2 years/leagues with you guys. From the intense games/battles, to the awesome off-season night of nothing but laughs, to the general busting balls on the website. The whole thing has been a blast. Also got to know some really awesome people, got closer to a guy who I would consider a friend for life, and turned a racquetball player into a gambling addict.

I'll still be trolling the boards and commenting in on things from time to time. And will be up for a quick game against any of you guys if you see me online and you're not busy with the league. Who knows, maybe when the weather gets colder during winter or if someone leaves for vacation for a little while I can step in on an interim basis or something.

I hope I left you guys enough time to find a suitable replacement. I know the league doesn't start on release date, so I figure in the week or so til it starts you guys can get someone in to take over.

Thanks for everything....Mike/Juggs

2. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

One other thing I forgot to say in the first post...

Thank you to Ryno, Drifter, Shaun and anyone else who has helped to set up, design, finance and maintain this website. Without a place like TF, all of us would have been stuck playing shitheads and cheesers in not only NCAA, but Madden, NBA, FIFA, and MLB for the past 2 years. The time, effort and money you guys have put into this place has been extrodinary, and you guys don't get thanked enough for creating a forum for sim gamers to play against other like minded players, as well as meet people who become close friends thru a video game and website.

Thank you all....Mike

3. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

damn, sorry to hear this..... take care Juggs......

4. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

5. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Hate to see you go Juggs, but I think we all understand that some things are just more important than playing games all the time.

You will always be welcome around these parts...

6. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

Sad day in the TF world. Hopefully you will get the itch to come back Juggs.

7. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I am more pissed that we have to find a replacement......1 day before the release day....damn you!!

8. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

well as much as it pains me to say it... it's probably for the best right now. Juggs is embarking on the first few years of a new marriage and such. Definitely needs to take time to re-evaluate his priorities and put gaming in it's proper place.

I think as juggs adjusts he will find more and more time to fit in his old passion at some point, but it's good to step back and focus on the important things when you have a life change like that.

Thanks Juggs for all your help with the site and for being a good friend.

9. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

I think zetroc is coming back, just has to get his XBL back up and running. I'll call him today and take his pulse. Also have an option with an old Madden PC guy and close personal friend Bhahn.

give me a day.

10. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

with NCAA looking good i'd jump in ...

11. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

[​IMG]

12. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

I'm Genuinely sad to see 'ya leave big guy. Good guys like you are what make these leagues fun. Stay well and keep in touch.

13. BlyGilmore

shush you!

i have never quit a game i enjoyed playing :thumbsup:

besides last year was the only year i ever "quit" - the time before my xbox blew up and it took microsoft months to send it back.

14. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

By the way, I agree on the overall awesome-ness of this site and really appreciate the guys who make the merry-go-round. I've been trolling Helli and Juggs for 10+ years and got a chance to meet HotRod in person this week. Between here and MM I've met some guys that I would truly call friends. Thanks guys.

15. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

if you xbox blows up this year.. you'd have to go buy another the next day. That's how we role in TT

16. BlyGilmore

btw didn't mean to jump in the thread like that. didn't think it out.

sorry to hear you're not going to play Juggy. Despite the asterisk you were always one of the more enjoyable guys to play and hang out with in the forums.

17. BlyGilmore

hehe ... i'd consider it a sign from the almighty Baby Jesus to go out and get the new 360 lol.

18. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Shit, that was the one thing I didn't want. I really was struggling with this over the weekend. I even downloaded the demo and played my brother in law in NCAA 10 to try to get geared up for it and psyche myself into it. But last night I decided it just wasn't going to work, so figured I would post this today. I really hope you guys aren't stuck for a member. If you are stuck, I'll play to start the season til you guys find someone you are comfortable with to be the 12th man in the league and then I'll transfer out and he can take over.

And thanks for all the kind words and well wishes guys. I think Ryno summed it up best for me. This site ain't going no where, so maybe by time '12 drops, I'll be more into it and come back to beat up on JMS.

19. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

He was a man! He had a beard!

20. BlyGilmore

I like to think of Jesus as an Ice Dancer, dressed in an all-white jumpsuit, and doing an interpretive dance of my life.

21. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Juggs make sure you pick NCAA 2011 so I can still give you a monthly beating!

22. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Juggs, sad to see you go man but I will say that it's been a pleasure having you around here and playing you a few times. Take care, and don't be a stranger buddy.

Now if only JMS would go away...LOL

23. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Every Dynasty need the annoying, cocky, obnoxious member!:monkeybutt:

24. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    We going for John Clay's knees. Career ending injury FTW!!!!

25. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

This stinks but I wont lie I sorta expected it, if not now then soon after. History has a way of repeating itself.

Nothing personal bro, but I was a newly wed once myself and its not easy. Those things are far more important.

Its hard to replace good guys like you Juggs, look at some of the idiots we had to add and who have been stuck with like Blaza, Cole and FNG.. I am going to take HotRod out of the picture cause I actually like him..... ;)

Sad day overall, but bringing Bly back is the best option IMO and is the quickest and easiest way to go forward right now.

Bly can you stick it out with us for the entire year?